Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PvP for Better PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt777 View Post
    Good points.

For me the difference lies in the accessability too.
    For example, if i look at how casual, grindy and friend/guild dependant content is, i can directly compare the pvp 1-5 gear with faction gear or random blue BoE loot or crafted gear (kind of soloable, not much time/population dependant).

The pvp tier 1 is worse than even most random loot blues...but it might be worth to check the armory for the pvp4+ stuff.

@stalkerfan: no need to fix things. of course in raw numbers you are right, but there might be players with a tough scale or weird playtimes, finding it hard to find a pve group. So the "time needed" is hugely variable between different players, even more if you count in luck.
    if 6mans arent popping ninis arent popping, true for all servers

6 mans r too hard
    I do solo dungeons for rares and pvp for Books and Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    6 mans r too hard
    LOL

/10charbs
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    if 6mans arent popping ninis arent popping, true for all servers
    True, but there is still a difference in the time it takes to do one mini in between whatever you do and joining a group of 6 ppl, which takes at least one hour (not for guild or friend groups, but definitely for pugs), with the exception of a few khitan instances. Old world instances even are designed to keep players busy and in the same group for at least one hour, without taking the time looking for a group into account. I am not saying there is a lot of difference (therefore i counted 6 ppl group blue loot amongst the compareable gear to the pvp one in accessability) not that i personally have problems there, but some people obviously have. Another difference is between f2p and premium. As f2p you can progress in pvp, while in pve there is a cap.

About the tokens, you just need to do jhebbals. All it takes for that are 24 people signing, the queue system works definitely in favour of casuals or solo players (though you are right about weird playtimes affecting this, too).

@viroku: comparing pvp and pve could fit into both topics, true. Therefore it might not be EXCLUSIVELY pvp, but definitely affects and concerns pvp issues, therefore it fits. Otherwise you should not discuss t4 pve gear (or maybe use it) in pvp.

The f2p/premium issue should also lead to the conclusion that pvp is NOT neglectible content only concerning pvp servers or a limited audience, but can be a valid path to a point. All the more reason to do something about Bori, the other pvp zones, open pvp in general and mini game variance.
    Last edited by Kurt777; 12th July 2013 at 07:25.

The PvP T2 sets have enough stats to do some pve with, but you could do better in khitai blues from normal mode.

I got a full BB set in under a week, you can only get about 1 piece of pvp t2 in the same time.

As for the t1 pvp armor, it's so dated that you can barely do solo pve with that crap.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt777 View Post
    @viroku: comparing pvp and pve could fit into both topics, true. Therefore it might not be EXCLUSIVELY pvp, but definitely affects and concerns pvp issues, therefore it fits. Otherwise you should not discuss t4 pve gear (or maybe use it) in pvp.
    But we are discussing how t4 pve gear affects pvp, therefore itsnot pve but pvp discussion.
    Here discussion is about PVE and purely PVE, he is just using pvp weapons for it.
    But if it makes you happy enjoy another epic thread by OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post

I got a full BB set in under a week, you can only get about 1 piece of pvp t2 in the same time.
    Please tell me how? We are talking about the brittle blade set right?

regards
    Rage - Liangxu - Demo

Quote Originally Posted by Liangxu View Post

regards
    well also took me a week-ish, and i hate grind, only did quests between minis

at the end of the day, i agree with this thread, every pver should come say hi in kesh on tyranny or deathwish
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 13th July 2013 at 07:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Liangxu View Post

regards
    You only need enough rares to buy the helm and chest, the rest you can get from all the easy GS modes and marks of acclaim. I did not get all the rare tokens in one week, but seeing how you gets anywhere from 2-6 for group instances it does not take very long when you do a few circuits a day. BB gear is easy to get since you don't have to do instances people ignore like Pagoda, pillars, or the bomberman.

I only had T3 gear for pve gear, one week I decided to get BB gear when I was on vacation and pretty much was able to buy/grind a full set in 5 days. Of course I had about 290 rares to start with as well because I never bought any faction pve gear...
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast