Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PvP for Better PvE

Default PvP for Better PvE

I just got PvP 5 Hands on my DT
    She is PvP 3 rt now
    So a long grind ahead
    I PvPed on my guard for PvP 5 Hands so i could b better in PvE
    Doing it on my DT now to reach PvP 5
    I want 2 know how many of AOC players PvP for Better PvE?

I do it

Mainly for the combo books and some purple gear for alts.
    Have done it for purple ranger gloves (or shoulder) where the alternative would have been pve grind...

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 11th July 2013 at 20:32.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Another hit topic from OP, but i still dont see why is it in pvp discussion?

@Stalkerfan: Wow, a creative troll!

Why shouldn't it be in pvp discussion? Basically, if you bothered to read what was written and took it seriously, you could have read:

Which pvp gear is actually better than pve gear and where do the progression curves depart in favor of pve? (for example comparing the purple pvp5 gear with 80 instance blues or faction blues)

Definitely fitting for pvp discussion.
    Last edited by Kurt777; 11th July 2013 at 20:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt777 View Post

Why shouldn't it be in pvp discussion? Basically, if you bothered to read what was written and took it seriously, you could have read:

Which pvp gear is actually better than pve gear and where do the progression curves depart in favor of pve? (for example comparing the purple pvp5 gear with 80 instance blues or faction blues)

If you bothered to read any of the OP's other threads, you would realize why stalker posted that. I think all of them have ended up locked.

Imo, none of the pvp t1 gear is any good for pve, and neither is any of t2+. I'd wear T2 pve over pvp gear. Makes no sense to me.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Which pvp gear is actually better than pve gear and where do the progression curves depart in favor of pve? (for example comparing time taken to obtain the purple pvp5 gear compared with 80 instance equivelents or faction equivelents)

Not trolling.

Fixed for you.....directly comparing pvp5 purples to blues is kinda dumb....you need to look at the time taken to obtain similar gear.....PvE stuff wins everytime....couple of runs of Pillars (or Coppice if you want tanking stuff) and a bit of luck and you got much better set of hands
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Good points.

For me the difference lies in the accessability too.
    For example, if i look at how casual, grindy and friend/guild dependant content is, i can directly compare the pvp 1-5 gear with faction gear or random blue BoE loot or crafted gear (kind of soloable, not much time/population dependant).

The pvp tier 1 is worse than even most random loot blues...but it might be worth to check the armory for the pvp4+ stuff.

@stalkerfan: no need to fix things. of course in raw numbers you are right, but there might be players with a tough scale or weird playtimes, finding it hard to find a pve group. So the "time needed" is hugely variable between different players, even more if you count in luck.
    Last edited by Kurt777; 11th July 2013 at 21:34.

Why would it be fitting for pvp discussion when he is looking for gear to start PVE with?
    He is checking is pvp gear viable for pve, in my opinion pve thread.

@stalkerfan: no need to fix things. of course in raw numbers you are right, but there might be players with a tough scale or weird playtimes, finding it hard to find a pve group. So the "time needed" is hugely variable between different players, even more if you count in luck.
    Agree somewhat but if weird playtimes and difficulties finding players to group with are an issue chances are minis wont be popping either and you still need tokens to buy the T2 PvP gear last time i looked.

Unless you pay-to-win in which case you get more bang for your buck in Diablo 3 imo.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast