Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End -game questing

Default End -game questing

Hi all

Recently i started playing a HoX and as a starting point got him some cheap crafted blues and am starting to gear up from there.
    I see that a great sword to have while i wait for Trial of Flame (long time haha) is the Searing Sword.
    If my memory is good i think it is a T3 or BRC quest reward?
    Here is a list of the T3 quests and questgivers.

1. Guardians From Beyond: given by Nadir Alh'rey in the Oasis of Rahotep. This is located right on the right side of the entrance to Kheshetta.

2. Betrayal: Given by Moulay found outside TA's stronghold. He is standing next to Medinjai the wayfarer of Asurain Keshetta. Looking away from TA's he is on the left.

3. The Face of evil: Given by Scipio located in Old Tarantia past the Trading post right next to the Bridge of Vilerus I. It is the South side of the bridge before you cross to reach the Commons and Noble districts.

4. Master of Blades: Given by Ettivel the Artful. She stands to the right side of TA's if you face his keep. She is across from Hashima, to be mentioned soon.

5. Defense of Asguard: Given by King Wulfhere located on the second floor of Conan's Castle.

6. Keeper of Artifacts: Given by Hashimain Keshetta to the right side facing TA's, across from Ettiel the Artful.

7. Phoenix Sword: Given by the High Priest Dexitheus in Conan's Castle, 2nd floor near King Wulfhere. This quest may be bugged requiring a /petition. <-This quest is available with the completion of the Iron Tower quest.

8. The Four Sent: It is actually found on a note located inside Thoth Amon's Stronghold on a bookcase to the left. This is not a group quest. Simply follow the directions and warn the four to be victims. You get a small reward, open a quest slot and get some decent AA points!

9. Death to Thoth Amon: Given by King Conan in his castle. You must complete the Black Dragon Chain in Atzels before Conan will bestow the quest upon you

Now since the revamp you dont have to be keyed as such to do T3 but alot (most) of these questgivers wont give me any quests.
    I assume you still have to do the Silver Peacock line (kill Vissy etc) in order to open up these NPC's quests??

Here are the BRC quests

1. Army at the Gates of the Abyss. Kill mobs in W2. Get most while doing the Seruah fight. Quest from Dexitheus in King Conans throne room instance.(maybe removed....can be shared)

2. Bowls of Set. Still doable. Break the bowls in each wing. Quest from Kalanthes.

3. The Hunt. Kill Chatha in W2. Quest from Kalanthes.(maybe removed also...can be shared tho)

4. The Cursed Treasure of Constantius. I think this is the one where you have to get the glowing wooden crate? W3? Can't recall off the top of my head, sorry. Quest from Kalanthes.

5. Mistress of the Shadows. Get Athyr-Bast's head (W3). Quest from Hashima outside TAS.

6. Fangs of the Ring. Retrieve poison samples (W1?). Quest from Tuktopet, outside TAS.

7. Master of Gargoyles. Defeat Excorant and kill his Colossus (W1 first boss). Quest from Cha in Kheshatta.

8. Minions of Living Stone. Kill a bunch of trash mobs in W1. Quest from Cha in Kheshatta.

9. Stone to Flesh. This is one that casters get in W1 - to use the sands in the garg boss fight. Quest from Stone Shard in W1.

10. The Immortal Hand. Kill Levi and get his hand which keys you for T3. Quest from Kalanthes (I think - either him or Cha).

11. The Ibis Weapon. Crafting quest (W3). Need the curious recipe, etc, etc.

At the moment i have Silver Peacock Quest active and need to kill Vissy so assume after i do this (its been ages since i did this questline on Ace) this will open up the other quests from Cha/Kalanthes and then i will need to get Levis Hand etc which will in theory make the T3 questgivers activate and give me the T3 quests.

Anyone have more insight to this?
    Which quest is the one to get the Searing Sword? (edit figured out its a BRC quest....but which one???)
    Is my line of reasoning correct with relation to getting these quests.

/discuss
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 9th July 2013 at 22:49.

Bowls of Set.

However, Searing Sword isn't the best option even for a newish HoX, due to not having +magic on it. Check out this gear guide for more options. One sword not on that spreadsheet that you can find often on the trader for 20-22g: Vanaheim Raidbreaker (put black and blue +magic gems in there for 45ish +magic). Soulkindle is a good option if you're having trouble staying alive in Northern Grasslands.

(EDIT: Note that the spreadsheet was made by Pekka, not me; it includes items that aren't recommended, just for comparison's sake; and it does not include some good items that have been added since)
    Last edited by Prima; 10th July 2013 at 20:40.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    Bowls of Set.

However, Searing Sword isn't the best option even for a newish HoX, due to not having +magic on it. Check out this gear guide for more options. One sword not on that spreadsheet that you can find often on the trader for 20-22g: Vanaheim Raidbreaker (put black and blue +magic gems in there for 45ish +magic). Soulkindle is a good option if you're having trouble staying alive in Northern Grasslands.
    Thanks Prima!! Awesome info on that spreadsheet
    Wow the T4 sword really kicks ass doesnt it lol
    Hmm maybe i need to get some people together and hit Ampitheatre in the meantime.....
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 9th July 2013 at 23:02.

- Searing Sword is for the BRC bowls quest (other rewards are Unholy Skullsplitter (1HB) and Vengeance (shield))
    - Phoenix Sword quest can be shared
    - you still need to do the Vistrix -> Levi quests to unlock most of the T3 quests

Bowls of Set become available from Kalanthes when you kill Atzel for Conan. IIRC they could be also shared.

Bowls of Set.

However, Searing Sword isn't the best option even for a newish HoX, due to not having +magic on it. Check out this gear guide for more options. One sword not on that spreadsheet that you can find often on the trader for 20-22g: Vanaheim Raidbreaker (put black and blue +magic gems in there for 45ish +magic).
    Searing sword easily a better option, quest is easy to get and complete. 20/22g is an enormous amount of money for a newbie player and 45~magic damage does not justify that cost imo.

AoK sword is rare, so dependant of your luck chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Bowls of Set become available from Kalanthes when you kill Atzel for Conan. IIRC they could be also shared.
    Arrgg!!.....i guess i'll have to go kill Atzel then....my HoX was a toon i used offline levels on so, while i am slowly getting my head around the class, the PvE side of his development is minimal.

Global PuG T1 raids and 6 man instances here i come!!! hehe

I deleted an earlier reply about gearing your HoX because it was off-topic, but now that you've brought it up! Sadly, there is almost nothing for us in Tier 1-3 raids or the raid quests that can't be upgraded easily with Khitai vendor gear. Unfortunately, many of those Khitai pieces are blue, and people love their purples!

HoXes are up there with DPS DTs as one of the hardest classes to know how to gear because so much stuff that they can equip (even stuff that has their name on it) is actually really weak, performance-wise. For example, you wouldn't be the first HoX to get distracted by Searing Sword; so purple! so easy to get ... assuming you can get into a cleared BRC instance! But since over half your DPS comes from magic, and your sword is your single biggest source of +magic, and Combat Rating (Fire) actually does almost nothing special for us, that means that Searing Sword is like playing with half a weapon or without rings or something. Even lowbie swords like Spiritblade from AoK -- the level 60 AoK! -- are better. Poor gear choices are a big part of why HOXes have a reputation for comparatively low DPS.

But you seem like someone who doesn't mind a little research, so you've got a good shot at cracking the HoX egg. Feel free to post in the HoX forums or PM me (or look me up in-game if you're on Set) if you want some tips.

(Also, offline leveling a HoX, aaaahh!! There is nothing more fun in this game than 30-60 on a HoX. I've played through those levels and then literally deleted the toon and started over. Multiple times. But don't worry, bopping around Grasslands is a blast too, once you've got a weapon and a couple ranks of Brittle Blade. Look me up if you're on Set and we'll go on a tour.)
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

I deleted an earlier reply about gearing your HoX because it was off-topic, but now that you've brought it up! Sadly, there is almost nothing for us in Tier 1-3 raids or the raid quests that can't be upgraded easily with Khitai vendor gear. Unfortunately, many of those Khitai pieces are blue, and people love their purples!

HoXes are up there with DPS DTs as one of the hardest classes to know how to gear because so much stuff that they can equip (even stuff that has their name on it) is actually really weak, performance-wise. For example, you wouldn't be the first HoX to get distracted by Searing Sword; so purple! so easy to get ... assuming you can get into a cleared BRC instance! But since over half your DPS comes from magic, and your sword is your single biggest source of +magic, and Combat Rating (Fire) actually does almost nothing special for us, that means that Searing Sword is like playing with half a weapon or without rings or something. Even lowbie swords like Spiritblade from AoK -- the level 60 AoK! -- are better. Poor gear choices are a big part of why HOXes have a reputation for comparatively low DPS.

But you seem like someone who doesn't mind a little research, so you've got a good shot at cracking the HoX egg. Feel free to post in the HoX forums or PM me (or look me up in-game if you're on Set) if you want some tips.

(Also, offline leveling a HoX, aaaahh!! There is nothing more fun in this game than 30-60 on a HoX. I've played through those levels and then literally deleted the toon and started over. Multiple times. But don't worry, bopping around Grasslands is a blast too, once you've got a weapon and a couple ranks of Brittle Blade. Look me up if you're on Set and we'll go on a tour.)
    Thanks very much Prima....i have transfered to Set to be with the majority of the guild so will be in touch

trial of flame or the epic from theatre (lvl 80 version) are the swords that are somewhat easy obtainable and are only outmatched by t4

just get one of those

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast