Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sin PVP Noob

I'd highly recommend Cozzano's assassin videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrCozzano/videos

Some of the information there is outdated, in partiular stuff before February 2010 (when Funcom revamped the sin). Nevertheless, these remain the most instructive pvp videos I have seen. Plus, you get to see some really interesting fights here, which seem to be largely absent from most of the more recent pvp footage.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post

Some of the information there is outdated, in partiular stuff before February 2010 (when Funcom revamped the sin). Nevertheless, these remain the most instructive pvp videos I have seen. Plus, you get to see some really interesting fights here, which seem to be largely absent from most of the more recent pvp footage.
    Great vids...love the music also. Good to see some of the movements. I have to say I play an unconventional way that is a combination of dual keybinding (left and right hand keybinds) and mouse movements. I am getting more comfortable with it, so I think I will get at least passable at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post

Those vids are very good, but sadly the game he was playing no longer exists. Those videos are pre-combo skipping revamp, pre-CC revamp and before people got their hands on AAs and Bori gear.

With combos like GC and DWW locking you in place and CC casting time the current style of assassin pvp is no were near as fast and flashy as it used to be.

I still keep in touch with Cozzano via facebook, we had some good laughts about how things used to be back then

So yeah, watch and learn, but don't expect to replicate a lot of the stuff as it no longer works like that :P
    Retired

Some of that I have picked up on. It does seem in the revamps, they have dumbed down the class and game play in general. It is amazing how much movement and skill there used to be in AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellaxe View Post
    Some of that I have picked up on. It does seem in the revamps, they have dumbed down the class and game play in general. It is amazing how much movement and skill there used to be in AoC.
    Eeeeh it wasn't that great. Skipping combos was ******** and CC needed revamp.

Pre changes assassin could do this:

From the Darkness charge --> snap kick --> skipped GC + soul strike--> skipped DWW --> grave blossom before the opponent could even get up.

That was insta kill with no chance (or very slim) to get out of it.

It's only fun when you are the one doing the killing, if you were on receving end of skipped GC+DWW it was the most frustrating thing ever.

You could also have 2 x Stun + Fear + Charm (this CC is no longer in the game) + root + knockback in one build :X You could insta-CC lock someone and beat thim to death with low level daggers.
    Retired

wow...didn't realize the CC was so OP before the revamp.

Balance is good...it does just seem some of the skill movement is lost currently since some of the combos lock you in place.

Still a fun class...don't get me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellaxe View Post
    Balance is good...it does just seem some of the skill movement is lost currently since some of the combos lock you in place.
    Combo cancelling was an unintended exploit in the old combat system. It also had varying levels of difficulty depending on gender and class. But people did enjoy that level of variation.

Combo skipping, on the other hand, is harder to argue for.

What they should have done, though, instead of removing it altogether, is better handled 'partial' combo execution i.e. you can start a combo, you aren't locked in place, and you can exit/cancel the combo at any stage, with a corresponding power penalty applied from early cancelling. Make this a proper part of the combat system.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Combo cancelling was an unintended exploit in the old combat system. It also had varying levels of difficulty depending on gender and class. But people did enjoy that level of variation.
    What do you call combo cancelling and what do you call combo skipping ?

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    What they should have done, though, instead of removing it altogether, is better handled 'partial' combo execution i.e. you can start a combo, you aren't locked in place, and you can exit/cancel the combo at any stage, with a corresponding power penalty applied from early cancelling. Make this a proper part of the combat system.
    That's exactly what they've done. The main intrest of combo skipping was avoiding the 1.5sec root you had at the end of a combo while your character went back to a proper fighting position. Indeed you could push it to gain much more, but the really annoying thing back then was that 1.5sec root. That's gone.
    You can currently exit the combo at any stage to dodge a cc, or a hit. But depending on how long you stayed you'll get one, two, ... hits on, the debuff on your target.

With CS, no thinking, you just move all the time and get all the benefit out of it, more movement, more DSP. Current system, you need to chose between more DPS or immediate movement. Much better in my opinion.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12