Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sin PVP Noob

Default Sin PVP Noob

I love this class, but I am not very good in PVP. I do OK in open world 1v1 PVP (against other noobs ), but I am awful in mini's. I can burn down mobs with no problem in PVE, but looking for some PVP mini's advice.

I know that as a sin, we need to pick our shots and not go charging in. I also know that we are often focused due to how dangerous we can be, but I hate being in hide too long or away from my team looking for stragglers as I feel I am not helping the team.

Do team mates frown upon a Sin who, well should be playing like a sin? Should I lay low and only strike when I know I can catch them to my advantage? I don't care about my own personal K/D as much as I want to be a good team mate and win matches.

Some of it is me, I know I have limitations ... I have seen some sins just dominate.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

I too am a novice sin pvper. The main thing I found is to learn all clickies well and manage shards; pve builds have few clickies beside miasmas and CoD but decent pvp specs have many: cats paw, accelerated movement, dull pain, excellent balance, avatar (if specced for it) and so on - and given the short time from spawn to fight it's not always the case that you start with 5 shards as you usually do in pve.

For me timing these clickies and really practicing movement (especially given short dagger range) is alpha and omega for me.
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

There are many factors that make assassin player "a good pvper"

I can give you an advice that will get you moving in the right direction: master you keybind, especially miasmas. You should be able to hit different miasmas in your sleep and with minimal effort.

If you have problems with finding good keybinds then you need more advanced mouse that is offering more mouse keys (I am fan of logitech MX518 and newer moders of said mouse).

Don't give up, assassins are very often topping the charts on kills in minigames, you will too get there.
    Retired

Thanks for the replies. I have my keybinds and timing pretty good. Maybe I missing my shards not being up, but I agree, there is a lot to manage with a sin. I don't have a ton of clickies yet as I am only lvl 30, but I get what you are saying there also.

I will learn to be more patient I think and strike the right targets at the right time. I do so well in PVE with the class, I figured I should be pretty good at PVP. I can manage and burn down Multiple mobs with ease. It's clearly a whole different class with PVP.

It's such a fun class, I hope I can get this down. I realize it's challenging...I just hope the problem isn't me :P Maybe I'm too old...lol (44)

Seems like a great class for those who are freakishly talented with hand eye coordination.

It's sort of all about proper timing. Staying out in the open and going toe-to-toe with certain classes will lead to death - the sin is meant to be played with a hell of a lot of situational awareness and always being ready to run like hell.

I'm nowhere near good in PvP with the sin, but it's a fun class to learn with even despite many deaths.
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    I'm not sure this is the most informative mini for a new player. I mean... it's pretty much a walk in the park. Mostly magic classes (and not the most reactive i've seen), no tanks nor ranger. The barb could have been an anti-class for sin but i don't think i ever saw him switch weapons or bother circle straffing around a target.

The hard part of sin is dealing with physical damage. Rangers, decent barbs and tanks managing to reach their targets without getting to much attention.

Plus T4 gear helps
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I'm not sure this is the most informative mini for a new player. I mean... it's pretty much a walk in the park. Mostly magic classes (and not the most reactive i've seen), no tanks nor ranger. The barb could have been an anti-class for sin but i don't think i ever saw him switch weapons or bother circle straffing around a target.

The hard part of sin is dealing with physical damage. Rangers, decent barbs and tanks managing to reach their targets without getting to much attention.

Plus T4 gear helps
    yea vehl

anyways: http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v7_sin kind of the spec base most sins use with spare pts to go in excellent balance or an extra cc or wherever u think the pts should go

Thanks for the replies. As for the Video, I could do that :P. (Not really)

Not a lot of movement in that match compared to other assasin videos I have seen, and his opponents didn't seem to focus fire him like what usually happens to me. It seems as soon as I pop, I am gang jumped by at least 3 or 4 opponents. I guess I am just playing in matches against players who understand the Sin is a threat...(They wouldn't if they knew how nooby I was )

Your build is empty

Talking of mini videos i think you'll find more tips on how to play sin in this video of Facepoker: http://www.twitch.tv/fuzzpoker/c/2153143
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast