Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: blindside

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    It's a two step combo with 1 minute cooldown. The drain is pretty bad (more so post stamina revamp), it hits like SSIX and to add insult to injury: it requires a directional attack that no other combo needs.

This combo was never good and post stamina revmap it's even worst.

Many better things to pick up for 5/5 investment.

It was OK combo to have during 1.5 (http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2009/...blindside.html)but for stamina alone and in Lotus/general build.
    kk thx
    /10

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I do play to top the parse actually, and I do it on my sin in t2 gear. With that being said, why spec for crap feats that hurt the team and make that awful fight take longer? We strive to kill it around 4 minutes without touching those statues.
    What would make the fight really much longer is Louhi casting Repentance. I dont think anyone would want to feat this combo for usage in K6 or other raids. But its one fight, and those five points hardly cripple your dps in any way. You lose 15% crit chance of Face Stab, an offhand proc and an Physical Torment proc. An Assassin with Impede Essence and Bewilder is nice to have and imo everyone should help out and not make DT, Necro and Tos the only guys doing the mana drainage in that encounter.

Yes, you will lose "a bit" dps, but raid group is more important than being a egomaniac. Louhi spec: http://goo.gl/YlRXy And also Disfigure makes Face Stab remove mana from Louhi. So given Assassin actually has three mana drainage skills and mostly they are using none, yeah, kind of ego ^^
    Last edited by Buyten; 9th July 2013 at 07:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Sure, you could also find a reason why vampyric nature is good to spec if you looked hard enough, but it's no reason to recommend it to anyone. Sin mana drains are pretty crap and necros, rangers and people just doing free mana drains (like dts and hox's) keeps mana down to 0.

No matter your strat, sins are full dps. Top dps on phylacteries or full burst on louhi to make it go faster if you ignore the phylacteries. If your raid needs sins mana draining, clearly no one else is doing it.

But if people want to use sins in stupid way, it's up to them...
    Necro and HoX are not full dps classes then? Both of them has to sacrifice feat points to get more mana drains, Rangers need to feat Exhausting Traps. DT has to feat Dissipate Ether (most of them do so not much of a point there I have to admit).

As for numbers on the drain and cooldown of the combos, I have no idea. Can easily test this on a straw man later.

Edit: aha, you deleted your post.. Nice.

This thread is entertaining.And anyone needing sins to drain while burning phylacteries is even funnier.I guess that raid also forces hoxes to possesion heavy builds to drain because body and spirit wrack alone is not enough ??

Gives whole new role to the archetype without fail !

Yeah, thank you experts for telling everyone else how things are supposed to be. Remember now that the op question was "blindside a good combo?" and not "should assassins be number one mana drainers on louhi at all times and do nothing else but that?"

Meanwhile you had fun, I got some numbers off the combos that you never use, that you claim have "pretty crap" drain.

Blindside feated with 2/2 Bewilder drain 1575 stamina and mana from the target. The cooldown is 60 seconds. This is 50% more than the unfeated HoX drain, and just as much as the feated one. Hox has low cooldown on it though, only 20 seconds. BS drains 788 mana with Ether Theft, and has cooldown of 25 seconds, so it is just as good as that as well. ToS drains 1689 mana with Coils of the Serpent, cooldown 60 seconds. Hmmm... Perhaps not so crap after all then?

Impede Life feated with Impede Essence drain 210 mana each second for 10 seconds, a total of 2100 mana drained. The cooldown is 60 seconds. BS also has drain over time, Manifestation of Winter. It drains 525 mana six times over 20 seconds, with a cooldown of 40. Quite a bit better. But here is the punchline... Void. The uber drainer over all. The reason why Necro is so important to stay at boss. Drains exactly precisely the same as Impede Life. 210 per second for 10 seconds! A bit lower cooldown though (45 seconds), but at a risk that the affected Blighted One will die from smurfs.

I only have 1/5 in Disfigure, so those numbers were pretty crap. Tested a few times, and on it drained 30-32 mana x2.

[speculation]I have no idea what that does at rank 5, but you would probably max everything else on Mastery before putting points there. Guess is that at rank 5 it drain 150'ish x2 which would be 300'ish and with a cooldown of 10 secs, that would add up to around 1800 per minute.[/speculation] <--- Someone should have a number here that has 5/5 in that box.

So.. Summarized. Which of the classes can drain the most over a minute?

Necromancer: Void (2100 * 1,5) + Lifestrike (525 x 5) = 5775 plus Blighted One drains (44 each hit, around 60 procs per minute but not easy to determine 100%). Totals around 8000 mana drained per minute.

Bear Shaman: Manifestation of Winter (525 * 9) + Ether Theft (788 * 2,4) = 6616 mana drained.

Assassin: Blindside 1575 + Impede Life 2100 + Disfigure / Face Stab 1800 (??) = 5475 mana drained

HoX: Body and Spirit Wrack 1080 * 3 = 3160 or 4740 if you spend 8 feat points on it. Plus some transformation drain if you have Possession HoX in raid.

ToS kinda crap, only Coils with 1689 mana drained per minute.

No idea of the Rangers Exhausting Traps or PoMs Eye of Penance.

However when I use Coils on my Tos, the mana of Louhi drops with around 10%. Which translates to Blindside removing roughly the same 10%. Another argument is that with proper burning of the Phylactories, you get dps time on boss before next one activates. Doing Blindside and Impede Life after shield is up or when you need a heal takes just a few seconds, and would be close to as effective as a Coils of the Serpent + Void !
    Last edited by Buyten; 9th July 2013 at 16:39. Reason: fixed typos

Remember that the op only wanted info if the combo was any good. I provided a PvE perspective to that, and likely the only usage for the combo in the whole game.

The fact it can drain good does not make it good.It needs feating,it's bad in a dps rotation,it is slow.For all the numbers all of us could throw here it's not good.

Now ,saying it has a usage in pve or pvp ,sure it does,still not worth it unless it is the only option which in said example is not.

Yeah its not worth dropping 3 feat points for Blindside, let alone another 2 for a mana drain, or 5 for Impede Essence. So the complete answer to the OP is no, its worthless, unless you really want another combo.

Also, I can't figure out why guilds think you must kill or bother trying to kill phylacteries, such a waste of time.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Not that hard to figure out that a pug or low geared alt raid will have insufficient dps or not good enough tanks to use full burn tactic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast