Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make pvp weapons the same power as pve weapons

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    t4 weapons dont give any worthwhile pvp stats but the raw dps they provide surpasses both t3 craft+pvp weapons

that is mostly true for melee classes, especialy bs guard sin, for dt crit rating is more important given vom perk mechanics.
    Honestly the T4 demo/necro tali with a lot Constitution is a great PvP weapon imo.
    50 constitution for a weapon which also has some good DPS stats (70,8 Magic Damage, 40 Crit Rat and 91,7 CDR with perk) is not something that you can ignore.
    I always prefer this tali in pvp to the T4 DPS tali.
    T4 DPS dagger instead is just crazy OP of course.

T3 crafted staff is great indeed, and also the crazy tali from Sepulcher with 245 prot.

Anyway, the point is still the same: no PvP weapon comes even near to all these weapons.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

t4 weapons dont give any worthwhile pvp stats but the raw dps they provide surpasses both t3 craft+pvp weapons.
    Worthwhile stats? look at the stats on this PvE T4 wep vs PvP10 wep

Heaven cracker soul sunderer -PvE T4
    DPS 150.2
    Strength 160 (480 combat rate)
    Combat rate 450
    Hit rate 122
    Crit rate 114
    Crit dmg 149

Highlords war maul PvP 10
    DPS 137.5
    Strength 75 (225 combat rate)
    Combat rate 450
    Hit rate 80
    Crit rate 95
    Crit dmg 115

The PvE wep is better in every stat and the DPS stat WAY better

Look we all know the best weapons to use for PvP is a PvE weapon 100% fact!
    Funcom need to update the PvP weapons they are so outdated
    PvP5 dps weapons are pathetic they are years old!!
    the grind from pvp5 to 8 or 10 does not justify the reward because the DPS and stats on them weapons are also outdated

Would it really be so hard for funcom to relook the pvp weapons and change the current stats

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Worthwhile stats? look at the stats on this PvE T4 wep vs PvP10 wep

Heaven cracker soul sunderer -PvE T4
    DPS 150.2
    Strength 160 (480 combat rate)
    Combat rate 450
    Hit rate 122
    Crit rate 114
    Crit dmg 149

Highlords war maul PvP 10
    DPS 137.5
    Strength 75 (225 combat rate)
    Combat rate 450
    Hit rate 80
    Crit rate 95
    Crit dmg 115

The PvE wep is better in every stat and the DPS stat WAY better

Look we all know the best weapons to use for PvP is a PvE weapon 100% fact!
    Funcom need to update the PvP weapons they are so outdated
    PvP5 dps weapons are pathetic they are years old!!
    the grind from pvp5 to 8 or 10 does not justify the reward because the DPS and stats on them weapons are also outdated

Would it really be so hard for funcom to relook the pvp weapons and change the current stats
    that line you quoted was in context with refering to mage weapons.
    with demos/poms/sin bomb and other stuff hitting so hard i realy think t3 crafted staff or sotw talisman with so much protection+dps stats to be more of a pvp weapon then a pve one, especialy when you compare to the pvp10 staff with realy has no meaningfull pvp stats at all.

your totaly right, but still i think health tap, constituition, evade, immunity, protection, to be worthwhile stats on weapons as much as just raw dps stats wich pvp weapons lack by large amounts.

i guess given you play a tank you dont realize how much in need the pvp armors of non soldier classes to be tweaked to be on par with t4 pve sets, using a full t3pvp set on necro i feel gimped, while on mix pvp+t4 i can play my class in pvp a lot better wich is plain stupid.

im sorry but its not just weapons its whole pvp set armor+weapons that need tweaks in stats, but like i mentioned given present state of things i think its realistic to put pressure to have at least pvp crafting released sooner then pve crafting, even if just to provide us with some actualy open world pvp objectives.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

that line you quoted was in context with refering to mage weapons.
    with demos/poms/sin bomb and other stuff hitting so hard i realy think t3 crafted staff or sotw talisman with so much protection+dps stats to be more of a pvp weapon then a pve one, especialy when you compare to the pvp10 staff with realy has no meaningfull pvp stats at all.

your totaly right, but still i think health tap, constituition, evade, immunity, protection, to be worthwhile stats on weapons as much as just raw dps stats wich pvp weapons lack by large amounts.

i guess given you play a tank you dont realize how much in need the pvp armors of non soldier classes to be tweaked to be on par with t4 pve sets, using a full t3pvp set on necro i feel gimped, while on mix pvp+t4 i can play my class in pvp a lot better wich is plain stupid.

im sorry but its not just weapons its whole pvp set armor+weapons that need tweaks in stats, but like i mentioned given present state of things i think its realistic to put pressure to have at least pvp crafting released sooner then pve crafting, even if just to provide us with some actualy open world pvp objectives.
    My main is a BS not a tank although i do have and play every melee class in this game (dont play casters cause hate the click and dps style of play)
    but lets not make this about me and you Funcom need to look again at pvp weapons (and like you say the whole pvp stats) first step must be the weapons!!! cause they so outdated
    The pvp lvl grind for weapons is erm to find a better word a JOKE!

PvP5 wep DPS is a joke and the grind for a better one to lvl8 or 10 also a joke cause the stats on them are so far below PvE weps

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    In addition to boosting the pvp weapons base weapon damage for melees, as hinted by kalston (don't know how to tweak caster weapons in a similar way if it is necessary), an obvious tweak to pvp weapons would be IMO to give them some damn constitution.

Constitution is more useful to dps classes in pvp than in pve yet for most classes only T1-3 pve weapons have any, while higher pvp tiers have none...
    Yes that would be great. More base weapon damage and some constitution would do the trick for melees.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Don't they just need a new tier of PvP weapons, along with the PvP levels to go with them?

PvP level 10 = T3
    PvP level 12/13 = T4

It seems that the issue is a result of them investing in the PvE progression train while not doing the same for the PvP progression train, so the PvE train is a bit ahead.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Don't they just need a new tier of PvP weapons, along with the PvP levels to go with them?

PvP level 10 = T3
    PvP level 12/13 = T4

It seems that the issue is a result of them investing in the PvE progression train while not doing the same for the PvP progression train, so the PvE train is a bit ahead.
    No they just need to update the current PvP weapons to be on par with the current PvE weapons
    Maybe the new game director will update them!
    last post from me on subject cant say anymore becuase its 100% FACT that PvE weapons are much better than PvP weapons

PvP level 10 = T3
    PvP level 12/13 = T4

That's the worst possible solution, it makes the gap between new pvp players and vets even bigger and in the long run the same problem we have now will happen again. Way to waste resources and make the pvp even worse than it is now.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

PvP level 10 = T3
    PvP level 12/13 = T4

This will bring bori warriors from sleep
    No mate this is not solution for sure. Either buff pvp weapon and gear, or split values on t4 gear to only part of it is worth in pvp.
    For instance if you have 120 crit rating on something, you might put 60 crit rating and 60 pve crit rating. This way pve players wont be hurt and that gear wont be superior in pvp.

If your pvping with anything other than K6 purples your bad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast