Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Make pvp weapons the same power as pve weapons

Actully better make pvp jear for pvp and pve only for pve..

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    using a full t3pvp set on necro i feel gimped
    you are 100% right, also demo in PvP gear wihout DPS looks like clown for farm
    Last edited by Ernests; 18th July 2013 at 17:00.

I would love that, but still the dps of the T4 weapons for ranger may be a bit to powerful. I'm not talking about the sword, only bow.
    Because the sword is perfect as it is. If only I had it

Bump for a funcom reply
    PvP weapons should be the best weapons for pvp mode
    (@ funcom if you still feel for what ever reason you have! that pve weapons are best for pvp mode THEN JUST MAKE THE CHANGES ON PVP TAG SERVERS)

I THINK THE PVP COMMUNITY DESERVE A REPLY ( as to why pve weapons are superior to to pvp weapons)

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Bump for a funcom reply
    PvP weapons should be the best weapons for pvp mode
    (@ funcom if you still feel for what ever reason you have! that pve weapons are best for pvp mode THEN JUST MAKE THE CHANGES ON PVP TAG SERVERS)

I THINK THE PVP COMMUNITY DESERVE A REPLY ( as to why pve weapons are superior to to pvp weapons)
    The pvp community is what, 200 tops in this game? 50 that only pvp at once? The pvp community is tiny, if you even want to call it a pvp community. This is all because of gear and bori. Gear wins. Not skill. This has been a problem for years.

Unchained minis fixes the minigame gear imbalance problem. This will stop casters from hitting you from across the map in t4 gear which will make mini's a lot more fun and skill based. All the crap pve casters that just stand there will rage because they suck without their t4 gear. Same with every class in T4 gear

But what about open world? What is any player that doesn't raid t4 supposed to do against a t4 geared player or guild?

Thumbs down

I think that best pve weapon should cost 200 campaing badge and 2000 conquest trophy, and need pvp 10 to use it..

pvp best weapon should be obtained from t4.. OH wait but it is :>

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    The pvp community is what, 200 tops in this game? 50 that only pvp at once? The pvp community is tiny, if you even want to call it a pvp community. This is all because of gear and bori. Gear wins. Not skill. This has been a problem for years.

Unchained minis fixes the minigame gear imbalance problem. This will stop casters from hitting you from across the map in t4 gear which will make mini's a lot more fun and skill based. All the crap pve casters that just stand there will rage because they suck without their t4 gear. Same with every class in T4 gear

But what about open world? What is any player that doesn't raid t4 supposed to do against a t4 geared player or guild?

,,, sad things happen :/ PVP community used to be 95% from aoc, it got killed due to bori / aa / khitai / gear based pvp was added on aoc.

for the start lets look what happened to assassin after khitai was throwen in and CRAIG started to do hes "PVE" revamps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJLenQn8Hj8

skill based? no just landing two shot combos, anyone can do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8mDQv11Foc

now this secend video, is this skill based? HELL YEA. one of the worst classes owning due to hes "high" skills compared to others, i dont see any bomb or face stab / dw instant ablities flying there..

also im sure that romeleon did not have 11k hp on hes sin...

Not fair videos man. In flames is way better than Darude, that's for sure.

At last we have some news from the man himself

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I didn't do the budgets and I didn't have anything to do with setting up the weapons, but I will give you the reply that comes to me from my experience on AoC in the past and TSW:

Because PvP is a lot easier to exploit for gear than PvE.

Now don't get me wrong, this is a general assumption. If I remember, when PvP gear was first implemented there was a lot of fight clubbing, then there was Bori e.t.c They probably made it both a huge grind and a bit weaker because they saw how people exploited for it.

We can look at updating it to be more meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I think it is likely a moot point anyway, in that the PvE budgets are beyond what the top tier PvP gear is close to anyway.

So buffing them up to be more equivalent should be a pretty decent boost, without worrying too much about the problems of exploiting.

For the record, I was a fan of the old system we had on raid gear, with heroic stats, which prevented it from being too effective outside of raids. Helped keep that PvP to PvE balance in place.
    Taken from Game Director's Letter - September 2013

So there maybe hope for pvpers that dont do pve to get same power weapons

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123