Thread: Ring of Profane Knowledge and Intelligence

Default Ring of Profane Knowledge and Intelligence

Being a avid reader of HoX forums' I have had it drummed into me that Int doesn't buff BtD so go for Magic Damage gear. I was recently the lucky recipient of a T4 Ring of the Profane with approx. 150 odd Int. I replaced my Ring of Swift Storms with the new ring and my T3 raid damage definitely increased. I assume that the greatly increased int together with 5 points in Will of Sublimes created enough extra crits from Hell Breath to overcome the drop in damage from BtD. This makes me wonder whether replacing my Lacunal Nexus neck with my Set's Power Int neck will increase further. I am almost completely Purple Brittle Blade otherwise. Thoughts?

The t4 accessories are good enough to ignore the int/btd thing. I don't think the t3 ones are enough imo.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

The t4 accessories are by far the best accessories to get in the game. The increase in crit rating/crit damage rating from those, not to mention to absurd amount of Intelligence on them, is enough to completely ignore the fact that Intelligence doesn't increase the Burn to Death DoT.

But if you ever get a chance to get them, go for the Necklace/Cloak first, as they have Intelligence and magic damage.