Thread: Last two days game constantly goes in and out of red lag

Default Last two days game constantly goes in and out of red lag

As the title says. I can't play it like this. I was going to ping the servers but I'm not sure the IP's. I looked in my resource monitor and found three cases of an IP for AOC, pinged that then did a search and it says it's in Sweden.

Is my connection to the servers in the USA being routed via Sweden first?

Can someone give me the US server IP so I can run a ping and other tests to see where I'm having a problem.

TIA.

Pinging a server is not going to give you a reliable method for testing the FC servers. If they even allow the ping packets to return, you'd be better off looking for tools that monitor data streams.

But why bother. Everyone is suffering from this and other weird issues due to latency. It's apparently being worked on at 'the network level', but until then your only option would be to maybe set up a VPN to a US provider close to the game server's location which quite often just routes your traffic through dedicated routers around the world instead of heading off randomly.

I think "dm09-nj4.ageofconan.com:7010" is the US.

aoc-us-um.live.ageofconan.com (ip: 37.18.192.43 ) are the US servers afaik (as per the chat client) and d10-nj4.ageofconan.com the European ones.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.