Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: break t4 into two separate raids

Default Suggestion: break t4 into two separate raids

When t3 was divided into two separate dungeons, it made the raid more workable and available for puggers and for smaller guilds. The vast majority of t3 pugs on Set are for upper or lower t3.

I suggest that T4 be broken up into two separate raids:

General through Zodiac as one instance

Emperor through Entity as the other

Then you only need two instances.

Benefits:

1. Lets more pug t4s get set up, as players are not going to be stuck in a pug t4 for six hours or days to try and finish it

2. More pug raids would likely be formed, just like what happened to t3, because people would not be locked into a full day but would have a chance at a couple hour raid to get through

3. T4 guilds could cycle more people through the last bosses as was designed by Funcom so more people would get the t4 gear and more options would be done for gear

4. One argument before was that no one would do the smaller bosses: does anyone worry that the Basilisk might get lonely if no one attacks it? Plus it opens up lower t4 for pug raids, which are very rare right now on Set (t4 anyway).

But you rarely see a full t3 pug raid on Set (RA did one on Sundays but mostly filled from guildies) the vast majority posted for pugs are lower or upper t3s since its a time factor.

You realize this has been suggested hundreds of times? Was yet another thread necessary?

yep, it already has been suggested, we just need to wait for funcom to do it eventually like they did on t3
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

i would like to see cloud and entity devided on the two parts, cause with your suggestion everyone will do emp->entity cause its way more rewarding and i would say even easier.

no idea if its doable but something like sheng,basi,zodi,cloud || imp,emp,entity

T4 are 3 separate instances already according to Dungeon Lockout System. How that can be split to 2? Merging would be needed.
    Something you want is additional entrances half way.

Changing order is impossible -comparing time that has to be invested to result, not per se.
    Spliting existing instane is just time consuming for system guys and would delay most awaited stuff - crafting, pvp changes, nuchained minis, cross-server tech.
    See how it was done in t3. Get feared into wall and then look above. In both cases it's full old, single instanced TAS, but with one doors shut and different zooning spot.
    Last edited by bogus; 2nd July 2013 at 17:26.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

I know its in three instances now: if they revamped the dungeon into two instances I think it would help the game (including not having to run all the way from the beginning for emperor wipes).

Besides its a new game director, maybe he hasn't seen it hundreds of times as a suggestion.

It's not revamping it's remaking. Difference is time consuming.

Game editor is not Word, you are not going to Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V from two pieces and makes third in return. In worst case if extending one of instances would not be possible to make such deal you need rebuild whole thing from scratch. In best you could use Courtyard, extend it and rebuild Imp and Zodiac part there from scratch. And same with Memory cloud and rebuilding Emperor fight.

No one sane with restricted resources AoC has now would ever order such thing. Is highly possible Joel would be fired same day such request would go for approving.
    Last edited by bogus; 2nd July 2013 at 18:01.
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

It would be nice to just skip the 1st half of the dungeon sometimes, but I doubt this is an easy fix. I'd rather they devote all the time they have to fixing things that are truly broken, the new dungeons, and the crafting revamp. IMO, nothing would reengergize the game and playerbase like the crafting revamp, if it's done right.

Funcom can't even be bothered to put a damn rez pad in the Amber Room between Zodiac and Emperor.

It's not about caring or not. It's design call. All post RotGS dungeons and even revamped raid instances have lobbies for rez pads. There is no lobby after zodiac. Deal with it.
    People who wipes at Chatha have to run a lot too. Look at bright side, we should be glad we don't need to run from Fire Beacon Lookout camp like ones who wipe at Kylikki.
    Last edited by bogus; 2nd July 2013 at 20:15.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast