Thread: Forgotten City unchained solo problems

Question Forgotten City unchained solo problems

Playing on one of my alts - ranger (has T2 chest/legs T1 hands, feet/ shoulders, vistrix cloak , epic xbow (old world drop) , destiny quest necklace and the rest is kithai blue gear

So ....have cleared Forgotten city unchained mode on Demo , necro , guard and hox without problems (after working out the boss tactics) , but whilst trying it on my Ranger ..i cannot seem to be able to kill that 2nd boss - the one that gives you the x5 unholy debuff and throws unholy damage, tornadoes and the occasional large wave water ? !!

on my other chars i realised that if you get right up close to him the unholy debuff drops so you can dps him down quick ..but on ranger if i do that i seem to get killed every time without getting him below half health and if i stay back and try and kill him at max range the unholy debuff ensures i die quickly as well

any clues peeople ??

Took me a few tries, but rather easy after I figured it out.

1. Cast your pet that increases the hit rating.
    2. stand at the entrance, right where you see the columns or the arch that enters the platform that he stands on the end of.
    3. move forward a little so you can attack him, as soon as you see him start the water attack, hid behind the colum, and as it passes, jump back out and continue the attack.

I have less armor than you, but you wont take a single attack as long as you line of site with the columns.

I did it a few months ago with my ranger with only T1 PvP gear on. I we,t melee to avoid unholy debuff, runned away when he casted the KB and moved a bit to avoid the tornados. And it worked. I find that hiding behind the columns didn't help his unholy bolts seemed to go through it from time to time and hit for 2.5K
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Rangers are op

But seriously if u manage to do on hox, u should have few problems on ranger.
    Kinaputten

tactics for that boss are:

- huge him to decrease the debuff
    - move and avoid the small whirlwinds while attacking him
    - when boss casts Raging Typhoon run away and hide behind the pillar to avoid the KB and damage, then run in again

if you done with HoX, ranger is a piece of cake, and also, if you cant kill that one with ranger, last one will be a pain in the ass
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Talking thanks

Thanks all for the tips and advice

Managed to clear it tonight with only one death )

Quote Originally Posted by Nunjaz View Post
    Thanks all for the tips and advice

Managed to clear it tonight with only one death )
    How did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    How did you do it?

i stood to the right of the right hand pillar , had the pet with me that increases crit rating. Had fire debuff running , with armour ripper first then rotating through different combos and making sure armour ripper was always used when available, also once fire debuff was in cool down used the buff that increases dmg , saving linebreaker for last as the killing blow ! (i have got epic xbow which gives a few dots and aa feats which increase my bleed dots )

Last boss i found easier than the other two !!