Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merging US servers into EU servers

Default Merging US servers into EU servers

Set and Mitra will be merged into Crom
    Tyranny will be merged into Fury
    Deathwish will be merged into Rage

Tyranny and Deathwish are far better names than Fury and Rage...

So does this mean if I'm on Set server, and my name is taken on Crom, that I will have to change my name? Or do the same rules apply for all server merges? Meaning whoever has the longest active running account gets the name. Because it would be kind of unfair if I have an active account, and lose my name because of someone who doesn't even play anymore.
    Last edited by Deathsader; 1st July 2013 at 22:11.

Don't worry about it. The merge probably won't happen. Just like so many other cool ideas FC had for AOC that were hyped then ditched.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsader View Post
    So does this mean if I'm on Set server, and my name is taken on Crom, that I will have to change my name? Or do the same rules apply for all server merges? Meaning whoever has the longest active running account gets the name. Because it would be kind of unfair if I have an active account, and lose my name because of someone who doesn't even play anymore.
    They will use a weighted system like before, taking account age, character level, activity and account status into account. If you're actively playing the character, you don't have too much to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib View Post

What happens if several characters with the same name end up on the same server?

This depends on the following aspects and rules:

• Is the character on a still active account?
    • If several characters of the same name are all from active accounts, the one with the higher level will keep his name.
    • If merged characters have the same level, the one from an account which is registered on a longer time base will keep the name (so 3 month recurring over 1 month recurring).
    • If characters are from accounts with the same subscription recurring time, the last login will decide which one keeps the name.
    • The other(s) will be prompted a message at the first attempt to log in with that character stating that a new name must be given to this character.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Which names are best is totally subjective. I think Fury is a better name for the PvP server, but that's just my opinion.

I wish they would allow a surname system that you see in SWTOR. Many of us hve played our names for 5 yrs... We identify with our toons.. they are part of us. Having our name stripped just sucks. Hell i would be happy if they added our original server to our name like they did with our guilds.. least then we have our identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    Hell i would be happy if they added our original server to our name like they did with our guilds.. least then we have our identity.
    Gwahlur Wiccana Set Raeil by Crom has a nice ring to it.

Gwahlur actually missed the first round of merges as I recall.

EU or US name ? we'll merge, a "NEW" fresh server name will fit a new begining.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohaus View Post
    Tyranny and Deathwish are far better names than Fury and Rage...
    Not at all. They fit perfectly for rated 7 games

Fury and Rage are simple and fast to remember/know and are stylish. Remember HoX weapons

They should come up with new names for the servers:

PvE - Carebears
    PvP - Whingers
    Deathwish - Suckers

Done.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast