Thread: Achievement System Ideas

Default Achievement System Ideas

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/game_...tter_june_2013
    Achievements

During the "Your Voice" threads I received quite a few questions regarding Achievements in Age of Conan. This feature is one that we would like to get in quite soon as something that adds replayability across the entire spectrum of content in the game and provides players with good reasons to revisit and explore old content.

Once again, I turn the question back to the community. Post the kind of achievements that you would like to see, in both PvP and PvE. Let us know about crazy things that you can do in Age of Conan that we might not have expected (I think the buzzword for that is "emergent behaviour") and you never know, your mammoth-riding leap of faith from the top of Xibaluku might wind up becoming an achievement in the game!
    Here are The Secret World's categories (minus some that don't apply to AoC). I assume the AoC system would be similar.

• Exploration - Earned by exploring all the various nooks and crannies on the map, there are achievements for each zone in a region as well as the region as a whole
    • Missions - There are achievements for completing special types of missions, missions for various groups, missions from various regions, or total number of missions completed.
    • Dungeon - Each dungeon completed, at each difficulty level, awards an achievement
    • Raids - Achievements related to raid content
    • Regional - In addition to exploring, there are achievements that can be earned by doing various things that are specific to a region.
    • Lore - Similar to exploring, there are achievements for gathering various bits of Lore that can be found throughout the world.
    • PvP - There are achievements for each of the PvP Zones as well as for various actions that are common to all the zones
    • Global - Global achievements are general achievements that don't fit in any other category.
    • Monsters - These are achievements you get for killing various monsters, rather than other players
    • Bosses - Achievements for killing unusual monsters - rare spawns, lair monsters, etc
    • Events - Achievements for various events that only happen during certain times of the year

I think the AoC versions of most of these achievements would be pretty obvious. But are there any ideas for unique ones, like Joel's example (in the quote)?

Here are a few of my suggestions for unique AoC achievements:
    • [GLOBAL] Vain - Complete specific vanity sets to earn the related achievement. Discover and complete secret vanity sets, such a five-piece pirate outfit composed of apparently unrelated items from around the world.
    • [REGIONAL] Elite - Complete ten unique quests in the Elite version of every questing zone.
    • [REGIONAL] Khemi Dancing Queen (King) - Dance (Stygian-style) for at least XX hours in Serpent's Head Inn. (Variants for other locations.)
    • [PVP] Warmonger - Accumulate 30 hours in sieges. Zone must contain at least forty players for time to accumulate.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

They can even link achievements (since they are nothing more than counters and charbound flags) to faction access, should they choose to finally add old world factions or "guild" factions, like different merchants-, thieves- and mercenary guilds (free companies), secret orders (black ring, white hand, scarlet circle etc.), temples and sects or government agencies (black dragons, nemedian adventurers etc.) or clans and nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    [*][GLOBAL] Vain - Complete specific vanity sets to earn the related achievement. Discover and complete secret vanity sets, such a five-piece pirate outfit composed of apparently unrelated items from around the world.
    i agree with the suggestions and i just wanted to point out that, if this one gets implemented, more space would be required on bank or special inventory on character, so FUNCOM, dont forget that detail plz, cheers
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Achievements about doing something for a long time or doing it XX amount of times are very bad. Achievements shouldn't be about grinding. They should be fun challenges, like doing Kylikki's Crypt with 12 people.

Good thing is, that they can be both
    Though not my personal favour, there seem to be people who actually like the grind...and i would preferably give them "achievements" instead of the best gear available in the game.

Aquilonian looter: steal the loot of all the "hiden" boxes in tarantia

[Regional] Sit on roof of Old Tarantia trade house
    [Regional] Like a salomon - swim up to waterfall in Thunder River
    [Regional] Throne is mine - sit on aquilonian throne in Conan Castle
    [Regional] You shall not pass - block tight passage/bridge (conall valley?) mounting mammoth there.
    [Raid] Slow & Steady DPS - kill Kylikki before minions at 1st altar spawn
    [General] Like a Boss - learn all General feats at once
    Last edited by bogus; 2nd July 2013 at 11:57.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Win a PVP battle using only your fists 'X' amount of times
    Drink 'X' amount pints of ale.
    Win a pvp battle while drunk using only your fists and head 'X' amount of times.
    Perform 'X' amounts of fatalities with your bear hands.(give us a boxing fatalities)

i dont think there should be an achivement for everything, but rather achievements should encourage better gameplay from players.

pvp achievements:

.cc's used on flag carriers
    .flags delivered
    .flag carriers killed
    .burst heal amounts
    .burst damage amounts
    .sieges won
    .siege engine handling eficiency-amount of walls/buildings destroied, amount of people knocked back by your siege weapon
    .minigames won
    .duels won(especialy when you finaly implement arenas, ffs why no pvp systems prior to this stuff)
    .amount of body parts sacrificed on pyres

pve achievements

.complete all the kithai dungeons
    .complete all t1 fights alive
    .complete all t2 fights alive
    .complete all t3 fights alive
    .complete all t4 fights alive
    .kill lurker without dying
    .kill all 3 bosses in erlic alive
    .clear unchained dungeons without dying
    .generic exploration/lore points in hard to reach or hidden remote locations giving some story background using R.E.H. quotes from his books or something like that, and or to give a bit of background story to bosses killed.

to be honest i find it disapointing that you choose to do this achievements prior to adding pvp content for open world/guild vs guild and arenas.
    not to mention your total disreguard for class revamps wich have been promised and always bypassed for years now.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10