Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: @ devs, ranger tweaking

Noite you are now talking about real action combat game. AoC combat is only extended tabulator target combat game, nothing more.

In Tera archers do that hold arrow thing because of combat system allows it and arrow does not auto target enemy

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Noite you are now talking about real action combat game. AoC combat is only extended tabulator target combat game, nothing more.

In Tera archers do that hold arrow thing because of combat system allows it and arrow does not auto target enemy
    well, we humans progressed in warfare with ranged combat from thrown spears, catapults, canons, rifles, guns, machineguns so on.

ancient horseback warrior mongolians were deadly.

not just because they had extreme mobility on horseback but because they were skilled archers, the only thing i see in video games that simulates anything rewarding skill and targeting in games with archery realy is systems that revolve around what i described.

while i find somewhat justified autotargeting for mages i wouldnt mind a similar system granting more mobility and actual acuracy for ranged dps in aoc in general.

one of the major faults in my opinion with aoc combat system is way targeting works and the weird way that if you do combo finisher target receives damage even if he is already miles away from atacker or behind a wall, i can live with it if damage was a bit more instantanious then now and meles maybe even be allowed to move like "russians" on autocomber if and only if ranged dps'ers were equaly all granted more mobility to dps while in motion and have their onw skillfull acuracy count more then auto targeting.

if you ever wielded a bow or a rifle and hunted in rl, you would know how zen it is to feel where your target is going to be and shoot to were he will be instead of having a computer shoot for you, the hunter must feel what the prey will do, and must be more cunning to antecipate his moves, that is the essense of shooting a bow you align and dont think you feel where your arrow will land and let instinct run its course.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I see nothing in the aoc combat system preventing introducing this way of executing ranger combos. We do have targets, the game checks LoS and it checks other targets on the way (as in penetrating shot). Also it is described how it can be done already (above and on TL).

There are also white hits and combos requiring no target, so your perception of AoC combat might not be true.
    Still you have a point, when it comes to another thing noite mentioned: The aim ahead and hitting and calculating (because here you are right, i doubt aoc engine calculates projectiles or weapons as real objects) will probably not work (also even if it would be capable, the following argument will only be worse with such a system).

The main problem as i see it is something else apart from hitbox management in the current engine and this is , synchronization and latency. As it is now, you can completely forget timing...and this will include releasing arrows or bolts at the right moment
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 15th July 2013 at 15:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Rangers can't shoot you through walls anymore, but if you circle strafe them as long as you were in front of them when they began the cast even if your behind them at the end it hit's you anyways, unless you can make it to a wall to block it.
    Not totally true. First, its not enough to be in front of a ranger, just step to the side. Circle straff me and if you get outside of 10 and 2, I will miss you.

Second, if I have you in los, and I begin a combo, and you step out of site, the shot will miss you. It used to be a hit, but its long been corrected. Tested this many times and I will be more than willing to meet you in game to demonstrate. Just side step out of site before combo finishes and it will miss.

Line breaker is notorious for this. If I begin line breaker with you in front, and you step to that 9pm-2am mark, it will miss. Again I am willing ot meet you in game to demonstate.

Yeah game checks LoS? How come im being shot when i run behind the shooter? Or when i am in minigame and i get shot from Kheshatta Oasis? Or when i run away 10m from player i get hit by tiny daggers.

Yeah game "checks" LoS for sure.
    Like i said, its extended tab target system combat, but when you press action button you get 1-2 arrows instead of instant progress

Only way to evade in AoC is % chance, not player own evade skill. Same goes for parry and block. Not gonna happen with this game engine those dream of yours
    Last edited by darknessjw; 16th July 2013 at 02:15.

Yeah game checks LoS? How come im being shot when i run behind the shooter? Or when i am in minigame and i get shot from Kheshatta Oasis? Or when i run away 10m from player i get hit by tiny daggers.

Yeah game "checks" LoS for sure.
    Like i said, its extended tab target system combat, but when you press action button you get 1-2 arrows instead of instant progress

Only way to evade in AoC is % chance, not player own evade skill. Same goes for parry and block. Not gonna happen with this game engine those dream of yours

If you want to talk about skill, learn what you are talking about. If you like to get in game, we can test LoS.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    If you want to talk about skill, learn what you are talking about. If you like to get in game, we can test LoS.
    Heh yea right, skill comes from ranger player ehh? But anyway, there is no true LoS at all

Heh yea right, skill comes from ranger player ehh? But anyway, there is no true LoS at all
    You shouldn't post, you don't know what you are talking about. If you think there isn't a line of site check, you are ignorant to the truth. Just roll a ranger and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    You shouldn't post, you don't know what you are talking about. If you think there isn't a line of site check, you are ignorant to the truth. Just roll a ranger and see for yourself.
    I dont even play ranger much and i still need to teach you about how it works. Tch, cant wait much from Americano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sBDxQz6-UE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieVXqwXuENg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2kYzZLkVS8

Thanks for this great video maker so i can now use them

I dont even play ranger much and i still need to teach you about how it works. Tch, cant wait much from Americano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sBDxQz6-UE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieVXqwXuENg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2kYzZLkVS8

Thanks for this great video maker so i can now use them
    ranger skills
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast