Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: @ devs, ranger tweaking

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Well i have already CC a ranger, and be KB immediately or be stun.

dunno how, maybe between the time he flying, or when he is KB he can use it maybe.

You should try.
    At one time, a ranger could drop traps while stunned. However, that was removed quite a while ago. Maybe that's what you recall? Perhaps the trap was dropped nearly coincident with your kb and the arming delay (or latency?) makes it seem like it happens after you've done your cc?

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT
    no need to be an aggressive idiot, whats the point????
    You're right. On later reading, it was rude. I apologize.

My intention was to say: 'this is a thread about nerfs to rangers, if you want to complain about nerfs to barbs or hoxs you should start a thread about that.' Saying it like that wouldn't have been as rude.
    Last edited by Amabala; 3rd July 2013 at 19:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post

My intention was to say: 'this is a thread about nerfs to rangers, if you want to complain about nerfs to barbs or hoxs you should start a thread about that.' Saying it like that wouldn't have been as rude.
    apology accepted
    its not my intent to qq about barb or hox here, just trying to compare a bit, to the point of saying NOT nerf ranger, but change the way it deploys traps (pvp point of view most importantly) --- AKA tweaks and not revamp
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    At one time, a ranger could drop traps while stunned. However, that was removed quite a while ago. Maybe that's what you recall? Perhaps the trap was dropped nearly coincident with your kb and the arming delay (or latency?) makes it seem like it happens after you've done your cc?

Well yes i think this is between i cc him and he use trap, so we are CC each either...

Well if trap aren't instant in the future, like my cc, that will solve the problem.

i think a few ppl dont understand that nerfing has nothing to do with making a class harder to play...
    in good hands melee cc's will be deadlier than traps,since traps are almost uncontrollable.e.g. u put a trap, a melee with a knock debuff charges and activates the trap,so another melee can charge u with no anticc buffs easiely and kill.just make the ccs as immolition in old days with no steps,so u still waist time on switching - which also gives the melee a chance to counter + animation...pretty simple...
    tts should just be removed really,and something adequate should be added... deadly draw animation should be shortened...
    most ppl comming to the game want the easy way,there are plenty of other games where u use 4 buttons only,if aoc is too hard 4 u then dont play it...ranger should be tweaked in comlex,not taking something away and not giving anything, as long as its sensible.

P.S.Not only me but most veterans are sick and tired of 1button insta noob abilities not just for ranger class but for most classes, Aoc was all about hard work for any class to obtain a kill(ofc dps got more but they r dps after all),now its all about how many bubbles and insta noob skills u have...but i wont go into that since this thread is about ranger.
    Ketzaquatl-Ranger-Fury-Night Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Bonera View Post
    i think a few ppl dont understand that nerfing has nothing to do with making a class harder to play...
    in good hands melee cc's will be deadlier than traps,since traps are almost uncontrollable.e.g. u put a trap, a melee with a knock debuff charges and activates the trap,so another melee can charge u with no anticc buffs easiely and kill.just make the ccs as immolition in old days with no steps,so u still waist time on switching - which also gives the melee a chance to counter + animation...pretty simple...
    tts should just be removed really,and something adequate should be added... deadly draw animation should be shortened...
    most ppl comming to the game want the easy way,there are plenty of other games where u use 4 buttons only,if aoc is too hard 4 u then dont play it...ranger should be tweaked in comlex,not taking something away and not giving anything, as long as its sensible.

P.S.Not only me but most veterans are sick and tired of 1button insta noob abilities not just for ranger class but for most classes, Aoc was all about hard work for any class to obtain a kill(ofc dps got more but they r dps after all),now its all about how many bubbles and insta noob skills u have...but i wont go into that since this thread is about ranger.
    i realy miss playing ranger, but untill it has combos and diference bettewen bow/xbow its just boring .
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    i realy miss playing ranger, but untill it has combos and diference bettewen bow/xbow its just boring .
    and melee combat in pvp
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    and melee combat in pvp
    I don't miss the 10 sec fear ^^
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

There is a lot of mis information in this thread from people who never played a ranger. There is also a lot of information in this thread from people who are PVP 10 with full AAs. An 80 ranger pvp 0 with no AAs is very different than a pvp 10 ranger with full AAs. The ranger is balanced at pvp 0, so any hits to them will make this class terrible early on. The hits need to happen at the top of the scale IMO, pvp 8 and up.

I don't see many heavies in this thread complaining, just rogues and casters tbh. I tend to see classes who are beat, complain about the class until its nerfed, then move on to the next class, thinking their class should be the strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    There is a lot of mis information in this thread from people who never played a ranger. There is also a lot of information in this thread from people who are PVP 10 with full AAs. An 80 ranger pvp 0 with no AAs is very different than a pvp 10 ranger with full AAs. The ranger is balanced at pvp 0, so any hits to them will make this class terrible early on. The hits need to happen at the top of the scale IMO, pvp 8 and up.

I don't see many heavies in this thread complaining, just rogues and casters tbh. I tend to see classes who are beat, complain about the class until its nerfed, then move on to the next class, thinking their class should be the strongest.
    ranger was my main class untill they decided to make it a walking atrocity totaly op even with 0 aa's.
    linebreaker for example can still hit you even if you get behind ranger before cast is finished for example; and i wont even start on taking the shot absurdity.
    gameplay is dull and doesnt compare to how fun class was when it was combo based and diferences bettewen xbow & bow existed.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

by far the most un-needed and ridiculous revamp ever done in this game, used to be one of the best balanced classes of all until the devs decided to "make the class more interesting"...blo0dy mor0ns..

Only thing the class needed was the line of sight check, thats it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast