Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: @ devs, ranger tweaking

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    for me, ranger CC traps, at least, should all be 1 seconds prevent them from being deployed while running;
    Yeah... this was a pvp qq in wow that resulted in having a trap animation/cast bar added to the hunter. It did what the qq-ers wanted, weakened one of that classes' abilities in pvp. I pray the AoC devs will stop nerfing the ranger class because of endless pvp qq because changes in pvp affect pve as well and will often wreck a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    Yeah... this was a pvp qq in wow that resulted in having a trap animation/cast bar added to the hunter. It did what the qq-ers wanted, weakened one of that classes' abilities in pvp. I pray the AoC devs will stop nerfing the ranger class because of endless pvp qq because changes in pvp affect pve as well and will often wreck a class.
    Well this is realist to up the hand and kb a whole group, when you are you'rself cc ?

when did Aoc nerfed the ranger to the point of making it weaker like they did to the barb and hox!? it was the other way around...and i dont see how 1 second or even 0.5 seconds on traps will mess up PvE, play the HoX and you will see!!!
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Adding more cast time for traps and letting them apply the effect instant again, would (at least for my common sense) fit the name "trap" more...
    Right now it has some "coyote and roadrunner" cartoon effect, where the victim floats in the air for a second before falling down...

Actually there is so much that could be done about rangers without bringing in more hate or dumbing things down...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Well this is realist to up the hand and kb a whole group, when you are you'rself cc ?
    Not sure if I understand correctly, but pretty sure a ranger can't drop traps while cc'd in any way except slowed.

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT
    when did Aoc nerfed the ranger to the point of making it weaker like they did to the barb and hox!? it was the other way around...
    Let's see... ranger revamp reduced overall dps as well as reduced playstyle to too simple. Yes, the revamp did what was intended and allowed the ranger to shoot and move and not be stuck in one place through an entire ranged combo, but the cost was reduced dps. Not exactly sure when the other nerfs came, but following a couple more patches in 2010-11 after the revamp, I saw my rangers dps drop further. My rangers pre-revamp could hit and crit far harder in t1/t2 gear than they can now with full tigers and t3 weapons.

As to ranger vs barb/hox nerfs... apples vs oranges. QQ about your barb and hox nerfs in another thread.

and i dont see how 1 second or even 0.5 seconds on traps will mess up PvE, play the HoX and you will see!!!
    I believe I addressed this in my first post. When the suggested change was made for the wow hunter - adding a timer and adding a cast bar - it nearly negated the wow hunter's trapping ability because the cast could be interrupted (as all cast bars could) and for pvp, the time for animation and arming delay allowed most players to CC the hunter or get out of the traps effective range, thus essentially removing that skill as an effective tool.

There has already been an arming delay added to the aoc ranger's traps. Why isn't that enough for skilled players to deal with in pvp?

My point here is to offer an opposing view to the devs. If they feel the need to further nerf the ranger, I hope they don't choose to add a casting bar and animation as the solution as my experience has been that it goes too far the other way.

As Amabala said, it would be a change (traps would not be moldable and the ranger would have to stand for 0.5 to 1s).

If it would be a change for the better or not, would depend on what they give to the ranger in return (instant effect, more lingering duration, more area of effect etc.). Another pure nerf (without again adressing the real ranger problems) of an old mechanic would be unacceptable of course.

I was just meaning that for me a tradeoff of 0.5 secs casttime for instant effect would be acceptable. Even certain trap types with variable numbers are imaginable (like a quick cast spiked trap dealing damage and slowing, a longer cast fire bomb trap with more aoe, a leghold trap with instant cast and single target effect and a leghold noose with longer cast and more aoe...). Though that would require some thought about the feat tree and general ranger build choices as well.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 3rd July 2013 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonera View Post
    How to make Ranger a balanced interesting class to play?
    Ok, well its been sometime from the moment of revamp and + i actually got full aa's on my ranger. so i have tested everything and everywhere pvp/pve

on the revamp-machanic: the buff application mechanic is realy good,ranger is more mobile (as ranged class should be)

but here are the essential changes that should be made to ranger so it would turn ranger into a skill based class, not 4 button noobfriendly class.

first of all about class aa's(gold perks)
    1)the AOE perk,maybe raise the dmg by around 25-30% so it would actually be usefull.

2)taking the shot,either should have a cast to it like 1 sec or so...or just change it with something not so noobfriendly,like another rank of armour ripper with some additional debuffs.

the rest can stay as it is.

so, moving on to basic skills

1)all cc traps should be removed,so only fire dot trap left,with cd on it reduced to 25 second, will leave u with skill Mastertrapper still apropriate.

2)Linebreaker and incidentary shot stay as they r as 1 + (perk stun) ranged cc.

3) instead of those cc traps, and except the 2 ranged cc's mentioned above. ranger should apply his root and melee knock with melee combos,and they should be made combos not the buff mechanic here its essential, so it will be just like any other melee players cc but with different name!!!with that the trees must be redone a bit so ranger with any build could afford either of combinations e/g fear,root, stun or fear,root,kb or fear stun kb and so on, 4 cc to choose from but can have only 3 or less depending on build.

4) line of sight should be made that ranger cant hit taraget wich runs behind him with a preloaded combo.I know the cast time is pretty long on most combos but just finish reading the thread)))

5)white hits should be availabale on the move but advantages redone in a way so ranger cant apply them with white hit.

6)naked finisher ranged combos should have their dmg reduced by 40-50%,buffed combos stay as they r now.

so, done with pvp aspect

pve:

well pve there is only one thing,since ranger is different to other rogues like bs is different to other healers, the general tree of rangers should be redone, the group - hate buff should be in the second row instead of reduction of search ability.just swap them,no one uses it anyway)
    the rest looks fine to me...

well thats all from me. these r just basic things i would like to change for my class, i would also like to see a difference between xbow and bow rangers but that needs a very deep revamp of feat trees so maybe if someone has time for this can share their views in this thread.

P.S. Funcom please use this information to make yours and our game more interesting and more skill based. thank you
    This is mostly nerfing the ranger class. Cast time on traps, another LOS check, reduced damage. Wonder how rangers would manage against soldiers after this?

Only melee CC for ranger would be devastating. As soon as you see ranger switching weapons you know what's coming. No need to watch castbar there.

Second LOS check would make class even more caster like. Since you would have to widen the damage cone.

Running while doing white hits might be fun, but would have to include cast time on traps (and delay on trap activation must be removed)

I agree AOE perk is useless, I have never seen it used by another ranger. Why is it there?

Not sure if I understand correctly, but pretty sure a ranger can't drop traps while cc'd in any way except slowed.

Let's see... ranger revamp reduced overall dps as well as reduced playstyle to too simple. Yes, the revamp did what was intended and allowed the ranger to shoot and move and not be stuck in one place through an entire ranged combo, but the cost was reduced dps. Not exactly sure when the other nerfs came, but following a couple more patches in 2010-11 after the revamp, I saw my rangers dps drop further. My rangers pre-revamp could hit and crit far harder in t1/t2 gear than they can now with full tigers and t3 weapons.

As to ranger vs barb/hox nerfs... apples vs oranges. QQ about your barb and hox nerfs in another thread.

I believe I addressed this in my first post. When the suggested change was made for the wow hunter - adding a timer and adding a cast bar - it nearly negated the wow hunter's trapping ability because the cast could be interrupted (as all cast bars could) and for pvp, the time for animation and arming delay allowed most players to CC the hunter or get out of the traps effective range, thus essentially removing that skill as an effective tool.

There has already been an arming delay added to the aoc ranger's traps. Why isn't that enough for skilled players to deal with in pvp?

My point here is to offer an opposing view to the devs. If they feel the need to further nerf the ranger, I hope they don't choose to add a casting bar and animation as the solution as my experience has been that it goes too far the other way.
    Well i have already CC a ranger, and be KB immediately or be stun.

dunno how, maybe between the time he flying, or when he is KB he can use it maybe.

You should try.

(..)QQ about your barb and hox nerfs in another thread.(..)
    no need to be an aggressive idiot, whats the point????

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013
    Adding more cast time for traps and letting them apply the effect instant again, would (at least for my common sense) fit the name "trap" more...
    Right now it has some "coyote and roadrunner" cartoon effect, where the victim floats in the air for a second before falling down...
    basically that about the traps
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Well i have already CC a ranger, and be KB immediately or be stun.

dunno how, maybe between the time he flying, or when he is KB he can use it maybe.

You should try.
    There is a delay on trap activation which is longer then many classes cc animation. So a trap in front of ranger activates after you have CCed him.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast