Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter - June 2013

Monthly letter practically says nothing:/

BUT

I really hope for some good improvements to the game by autumn since the game is usually pretty dead in summer anyways.

Concerning the achievements (i will only talk about pvp,coz in my mind pve achievemnts already exist anyway in form of loot,and killing a zillion mobs to get some achievemnt has already been done anyways in early khitai)
    PVP achivmentss should have world pvp and tournament pvp.the best way to go, is look at the vanity armour in plentty of variaty...that will not bring any unbalance to the game at all, more of a fashion show. and for braging rights there should be a table + more statistics so that support classes will have more interest of doing their bit rather than just k/d whore in 90% of the time...But as far as i understand this is easier to do with set plays like minigames. So achievements in open world pvp are harder to executs,but iam sure there plentty of ideas for that in some threads of this forum.

And last,as someone already said above, ranger needs a overlook, no fun in playing that class at all...as for any dps class ranger should require skills from a player to obtain good dmg,not just gear and 1 button abilities spam. I will repost my old thread on ranger tweaks sometime soon.

@ devs, keep working, u still have 2-3 months untill summer slack will finish,but the chnges you make will have to be good to attract at least the old crowd back. If u achieve that,then the newcomers will join in numbers...
    Ketzaquatl-Ranger-Fury-Night Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I don't think I have hidden that fact with regards to the crafting system. It's a lot of work.
    That's what Craig said two years ago, and the reason why we couldn't expect it to go live until Q2 2012.

Oh well, I guess everyone is working as hard as they can. Just annoying to wait for something that never happens.

Well nothing new.

New AA for better gap against veteran against new player.
    Nothing about t4 ruining the game.
    Nothing about some class like ranger can one shot player who are not tank.
    Nothing new for better pvp gear, or something else to make the pvp better and equal everywhere.
    New pve thing i don't care like allway.

end of summer for server merge? that means could be till September... GG funcom
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Well nothing new.

New pve thing i don't care like allways.

I really wonder if Funcom has any developer who enjoys pvp.

Age of Conan was born as a pvp focused end-game competition. All that is going to disappear.

GD ask for achievements. What about some guild pvp achievements as in the original AoC?

I suppose being a game developer is wanting your customers to get amazed by the new pve trick, instead of just creating the pvp tools so they can fight and enjoy the game by themselves.

About unchained pvp: is it really so hard to implement those trivial changes to the actual system?

New minigame: to calm down pvp community? Minigames are not the way.

The only way to Age of Conan survival is open world pvp guild competition.

The other way is merging pvp servers into pve servers, I suppose that is your next move.

Last edited by nikepilas; 1st July 2013 at 15:26.

Thx for the update, you're doing good work so far.
    Don't listen to the haters, they forget that you're still cleaning up the mess.
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    I really wonder if Funcom has any developer who enjoys pvp.

Age of Conan was born as a pvp focused end-game competition. All that is going to disappear.

GD ask for achievements. What about some guild pvp achievements as in the original AoC?

I suppose being a game developer is wanting your customers to get amazed by the new pve trick, instead of just creating the pvp tools so they can fight and enjoy the game by themselves.

About unchained pvp: is it really so hard to implement those trivial changes to the actual system?

New minigame: to calm down pvp community? Minigames are not the way.

The only way to Age of Conan survival is open world pvp guild competition.

The other way is merging pvp servers into pve servers, I suppose that is your next move.

My friend long time ago we know this, and the game become pve after the maj 1.04.

Remember when we was pvp, without any gear, for fun, and only fun.

All of this is finish now, to keep player stay, more stuff, to farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    My friend long time ago we know this, and the game become pve after the maj 1.04.

Remember when we was pvp, without any gear, for fun, and only fun.

All of this is finish now, to keep player stay, more stuff, to farm.
    correction remember all the silly imbalances the chain cc's the broken gems, and oppressive gear gap wich was epic keshatta gear vs pvp t1 gear.

despite game sill missing pvp content wich is part of reason why pvp'ers left and will keep leaving game has been progressing very nicely to a better state.

something i hope new gd will find time to finaly deliver open world/guild pvp systems wich game needs to acomodate sleeping pvp population amongst pver's and bring back old pvp'ers and new ones to this great game.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    correction remember all the silly imbalances the chain cc's the broken gems, and oppressive gear gap wich was epic keshatta gear vs pvp t1 gear.

despite game sill missing pvp content wich is part of reason why pvp'ers left and will keep leaving game has been progressing very nicely to a better state.

something i hope new gd will find time to finaly deliver open world/guild pvp systems wich game needs to acomodate sleeping pvp population amongst pver's and bring back old pvp'ers and new ones to this great game.
    I know my friend, but we have only the choice than now and the thing we get before ?

Would be nice to think about an good balance.

No more chain CC, but maybe more long fight, and better gear to everyone easy to get (pvp).

And even better gear for you caster !

If we all get pvp gear, nice, we would never cry about pve, and never think about it. (even you noite).

looks like "single server technology" early 2014?
    server merging nothing but "login queue" headaches.
    Last edited by kratosfury; 1st July 2013 at 16:07.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast