Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Club of the Wolf Rider

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by llathander View Post
    I shouldnt even have to say this. Especially in six mans a bears dps output is needed. Even more so as a solo healer. More dps = faster fight = less overall healing needed. The trick is to heal while doing max dps as easily as though you were standing arou.d healbotting. I dont disagree with baneric often, but here i will. I cant think of a single reason to get that club. Ive solo healed all sixmans and been placed as main healer in tank groups, celestial gaze was a matter of desperation, not routine. That or fights like emperor where itd be ridiculous not to use
    Ofc the trick is doing max DPS while healing, we all know that you don't loose DPS to heal properly, and that a good healer should do max DPS while healing too.
    Healbot in this game mostly doesn't exist as a role.

And ofc your sentence about DPS is true (we all know that most 6men are DPS races bla bla bla).

Still if you join random pugs with non experienced people ("training runs" as Misiuggah described them) and not well geared tanks, the extra
    Heal Rating especially from Bears will impact the group more than the extra DPS you can get with Tiger's chest over Yag chest.

Instead, if your tanks don't need Heal Rating and AA heals to survive ofc an Heal Rating set is a waste and just impact the group in a negative way, for the reason you said.

But there are reasons to get that blunt imho...

After it got changed, if I should just choose a single blunt between that and T2 for 6men I'd just choose that: Constitution is not needed for most of 6 men, extra Hit Rating is nice and DPS is not too lower compared to T2 blunt, and the high Heal Rating is a nice addiction for Celestial Gaze (even if not using bears).
    Last edited by Calore; 2nd July 2013 at 06:45.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

There is a trick, and it's gearswitching before casting Sleuth -> cast -> Bears will keep the heal values from healrating at cast, so you can switch back to your preferred dps blunt while having bears going.
    Wolf club is the best option for this until you get t4 one.

Still, it's all about who you play with. Healrating is for the most part obsolete, except these fights from my experience:

Louhi (t3) if assigned as tank healer
    Archfiend of Gore (t3.5) if assigned as tank or knockback healer
    Archlector of Zaal (t3.5)
    Emperor Yah-Chieng (t4)
    Strom (t4) not really needed, but precaution to avoid deaths. Wiping here is so sad.
    Drunken boss (Tian-an) Here I usually switch to Sleuth while running to the boss then gearswitch so I can smack boss with t3 crafted blunt+dpsgear while having +4k healrating Sleuth going. To ensure a safe start.

If you don't do any of this content you'll be better off learning your tanks to play their class or find new mates if they keep on failing. Every Khitai hardmode has been nerfed so hard there is no need for extra heals.

well i went ahead and broke the bank by getting the new blunt. wow is it ****ing ugly. But our weapon skins are far from sexy so meh. Thanks for all the advice guys and i look forward to smashing heads in with my new spikey club.

A valid option to Club of the Wolf Rider nowdays is Grimwrest, which you can get for free as loot in Amphitheatre of Karutonia.

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armory/grimwrest.jpg

You can also consider to save those rares (and spend rares first on Tiger big parts) and go for this blunt.

EDIT: you already made your choice, so gratz
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by llathander View Post
    I cant think of a single reason to get that club.
    The best single reason to get a good heal rating weapons is the fact that it's a piece of gear you don't actually have to "wear" and still have all the benefits

They changed the shape, colour and stats on the wolf club - it was more pinkish and looked like a weird *ekhm* gilded dildo.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 2nd July 2013 at 15:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Locura View Post
    well i went ahead and broke the bank by getting the new blunt. wow is it ****ing ugly...
    You think it's ugly now?? Now it looks like a gold studded fungo bat, you should have seen it when it was shorter and pink.

Default what club then ?

so I have a question my bear is 5 yrs old and has been very very unlucky in raids and is still equipped with STONESPLITTA brc quest reward
    I was grinding with the intent of buying the wolf club as it seems the raid weapon is out for me lol, but after reading this thread I am now not so sure

so what weapon should I go for ?
    bearing in mind this toon is my 2nd main so the conq sees t3 more often than the bear does
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jmacbear View Post
    anyone have advise ?
    Everything has been already said.

1. It has potentially higher damage than Stonesplitter.

2. If you care about heal rating it's the best thing before T3,5/T4.

3. Weapons are the best heal rating items because they can be switched.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    3. Weapons are the best heal rating items because they can be switched.
    Professional clicker swapping weapons during the fight?! Way to go Misi
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast