Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Club of the Wolf Rider

Default Club of the Wolf Rider

I've been farming rares to get this club for a few weeks now (i don't have the time some of you do).

My question is... is it worth it to spend the rares and moa on this club when you have a t1 club or are the rares better spent on gear. im mostly tigers/t2 as it sits right now anyways (Yag chest because before i left i had it in my mind i wanted to be dedicated healing and not worry about DPS, so i bought the yag one)

SO.. should i get the club of the wolf rider and replace my t1 or should i go and buy the tiger helm and replace my t2 helm. or should i just go and get a cape from scarlet circle.

If you are not playing much i guess T4 is a far dream, and that leaves the wolf club the best healing club you can get.

So i would suggest you go for it.
    I am Stian ingame...

imo, heal rating is overrated... of course sleuth of bears is a nice heal, but most of the time you won't need it, and celestial gaze usually is just a waste of time...

that said, i have the wolf blunt and i use it most of the times, but just because i only have that and hammer of the void...

so, i think you should go for a better armor, and the decision about what to pick 1st depends on whether you want more survivability (in this case, go for yag, not for its heal reating, but for the protection) or more dps (tiger's armor is the best)...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Please do not underestimate Celestial Gaze. With the Wolf club in full Sage set it's like a big heal every 30 sec without the CD debuff.

That hammer is not only a waste of time, but an abject one at that. Get the tigers helm, farm vile for the cape. Heal rating is overrated. I can only think of a handful of fights where you need it, and some of those only if you have low quality tanks. The only fights I can think of where its absolutely indispensible are the emperor and the entity...and the latter only because youre not really doing anything else.

Heal rating is not overrated for using celestial gaze. Sleuth or the tree is over rated because of how good vision of the sky is, but if you're letting your tanks die without using celestial, you are a lazy, bad bear.

The only heal rating hammer that surpasses the wolves blunt is t4 from entity... so unless you plan on getting that soon you might as well get wolves blunt and stick it in your secondary weapon slot and switch to it to cast celestial and switch right back to your dps blunt.

Is 700 or so heal rating (probably an additional 400hp healed on celestial) worth all those rares? Depends on what other items you need but I say yes because it will never be replaced until an entity drop.
    Last edited by Erock25; 1st July 2013 at 19:23.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Heal rating is useless in most of the content, but it can really help if you have weak tanks or training some very tough encounters. I remember the time where SoB was basically a part of the strat for many raid encounters.

While I run with Vision of Sky most of the time, there are still moments where SoB is a real life saver - it all depends on the encounter, your role and party/raid setup. But at least I always have a choice.

I use CG very often - you need to get used to it though. I swap weapon and cast it totally subconsciously when all heals are burned and I still need some healing on tanks.

If you want your BS to be a versatile character, then you'll need a good amount of heal rating and this is the best thing before T3,5 or T4.

CotWR has potentially higher dps than T1 - it has higher base and crit. Even if you'll drop T2 or T3, it will still have use as secondary weapon for quick swap before casting AA heals.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 1st July 2013 at 19:51.

If you pug abit and don't have reliable tanks, I say go for some healrating. After they tweaked its stats it's pretty decent!
    As Erock already said you can drop the bow in secondary slot and bluntswitch for CG + Sleuth if you need.

Get tiger chest for critrating first and foremost. T2 helm already has crit, no need to upgrade that before you get crit chest.

Watch things from this perspective: do you often join pugs with random tanks, often lacking gear? Or are you used to play with reliable and geared tanks?

It's true thar most (all) 6 men instances can be played with no AA heals if you play with geared tanks, but it's also true that often the extra damage from a Bear Shaman is not needed aswell, if not for a parser e-peen show.

AA heals (both SotB and Celestial Gaze) will have a greater impact on a random 6 men than 100-200 more DPS from a Bear Shaman, most of the times.

So basically if you mostly play pugs with random tanks go for the blunt first: you will not regret it and people and especially tanks will be happy to play with you.

If instead you are lucky to play always with reliable tanks, go for Tiger chest first, and even skip the blunt unless you plan to raid T3.5 or T4 (now people will start saying "You don't need AA heals in T4"; imho a good healer must have a good heal rating blunt for high raid content, even just to swap to cast AA heals ofc).

Probably the best choice as first chest would have been the Hyrkanian one, since it has Critical Rating, good Constitution, and a good amount of Heal Rating.

In the end anyway Tiger's set is the Kithai set which can be used in most situations (with tanks archetype perk and an Heal Rating blunt you will have anyway nearly 2k Heal Rating, which is great in most situations).
    So yes, go for full Tiger's set even if you go for blunt first, and you will be able to play fine all the content in game with your Tiger set + Wolf Blunt (even DPS on wolf blunt is not bad after they changed it, listening to our comments. Read this post: http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...8&postcount=16 ).

A mix of Yag / Hyrkanians (Yag helm and Hyrk chest both have Crit Rating) is second useful set for healing / surviving, but mostly what you need to survive in PvE is Constitution, not protection (so full Hyrkanians is a good choice too as second set).

Full Yag Kosha can have some use, but it's the 3rd in order and last useful Kithai set.
    Last edited by Calore; 1st July 2013 at 23:10.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I shouldnt even have to say this. Especially in six mans a bears dps output is needed. Even more so as a solo healer. More dps = faster fight = less overall healing needed. The trick is to heal while doing max dps as easily as though you were standing arou.d healbotting. I dont disagree with baneric often, but here i will. I cant think of a single reason to get that club. Ive solo healed all sixmans and been placed as main healer in tank groups, celestial gaze was a matter of desperation, not routine. That or fights like emperor where itd be ridiculous not to use

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast