Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: A Solo Raid

Quote Originally Posted by lok502 View Post
    Pointless thread.
    Pointless post.

at least the guy made the effort to put forward some ideas.

A raid is a type of mission in a video game in which a very large number of people (larger than the normal team size set by the game) attempt to defeat a boss monster. This type of objective is most common in MMORPGs, where the servers are designed to handle the number of users. In RTS games like StarCraft, the term is used differently; see Raid (military).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_%28gaming%29

Not sure how solo works here?

And even a 12 man raid will really whack up most guilds raid forces, DKP pools etc.. I really hope funcom does not do 12 man raids, it will make it a mess.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    And even a 12 man raid will really whack up most guilds raid forces, DKP pools etc.. I really hope funcom does not do 12 man raids, it will make it a mess.
    12 man raids would be an awesome addition in my opinion, as it will be easier to find 12 people that you actually want to raid with, instead of the typical 24 man group which consists of 12-16 or so decent players, and the rest being average people who get carried. You can also find 12 players at times where you probably wouldn't have been able to find 24.

12 man raids also allow them to do more tightly tuned fights.

I don't see a reason why the game cannot have both. It certainly didn't cause any issues in WoW back in the day when they added 10-man raiding.

That being said, obviously the loot from a 12-man raid, while good, would not be as good as, or achievable at the same rate as, a 24-man raid.

I tend to agree with what a previous poster said though ... with 24 people, the challenge is more how to manage them through the encounter, versus how to actually beat the encounter itself.

24 people = 24 people capable of screwing something up

But to be honest, we all know 12-man raids will never happen. Funcom don't have the resources to even ATTEMPT to come up with 12-man raid content (or to go back through the encounters and make them 12/24 capable like they have for WoW).
    Last edited by Petridish; 3rd July 2013 at 02:27.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

I will close this thread now. It is just generating too much trolling for my liking.

Remember to read the Social guidelines before posting.

Thread closed
    Closed
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678