Thread: Disconnect every 30 sec

Default Disconnect every 30 sec

This is really bad... I am disconnected and booted to log in screen every 30 sec - 1 min at the moment in many different playfields. Internet obviously works fine as I am writing this in the mean time.

What is going on and how can I fix it?
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Can I expect a reimburse from Funcom for a lost afternoon? This is ridiculous.

I'm having horrible issues with latency today, it is very unstable jumping up and down every second the game is totally unplayable.
    My usual ping is stable 140-160 ms playing from EU and I never have issues with lags, but today its been very bad, my lowest latency was 250 jumping up to 5k back and forth every second.

I was trying to figure out if it was my internet connection that is broken or AoC server issue, but I haven't noticed anything wrong elsewhere, only AoC that is totally unplayable on both live ant TL servers. I've logged in Path of Exile as well and haven't had any spikes there the game was running smooth, so I really don't know what is going on.

Internet is fine and ping is fine too when I am in the game - I am just booted to login screen like every minute or less (sometime even during load screen in - ridiculous).

Seriously, it's pretty hard to raid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevsky View Post
    Can I expect a reimburse from Funcom for a lost afternoon? This is ridiculous.
    You should do stand up with material like that. Hilarious!
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    You should do stand up with material like that. Hilarious!
    It was obviously sarcasm, comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    I'm having horrible issues with latency today, it is very unstable jumping up and down every second the game is totally unplayable.
    My usual ping is stable 140-160 ms playing from EU and I never have issues with lags, but today its been very bad, my lowest latency was 250 jumping up to 5k back and forth every second.

I was trying to figure out if it was my internet connection that is broken or AoC server issue, but I haven't noticed anything wrong elsewhere, only AoC that is totally unplayable on both live ant TL servers. I've logged in Path of Exile as well and haven't had any spikes there the game was running smooth, so I really don't know what is going on.
    I had this problem yesterday and couldn't play whole evening, hope it will be better today...I had constant 6000+ ms! Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    I had this problem yesterday and couldn't play whole evening, hope it will be better today...I had constant 6000+ ms! Unbelievable.
    I play from Belgrade and you? might have been something wrong with the connection yesterday.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    I play from Belgrade and you? might have been something wrong with the connection yesterday.
    Yeah, Belgrade also, Karaburma, SBB internet, 10 mb/sec, everything else works fine but there are thous days when i can't play aoc at all and after 2 years of slow content and this horrible, lag,rubber banding, spikes, my patience is at the end -.-

I don't care when it happens in pve but since i am on pvp server a single lag spike can decide between victory or defeat.

If your internet is fine and you ONLY have issues with AoC then it's a routing/peering issue and you must contact your ISP and/or use a VPN.

Do a traceroute to d10-nj4.ageofconan.com when this happens (windows key + R then "cmd" then "tracert d10-nj4.ageofconan.com" and post it here or send it to your ISP directly)

It has happened to me too on rare occasions but because my ISP has such poor customer support I gave up on explaining the issue at hand and just used a VPN (good VPNs are rarely free but mine is, don't know if you could find something similar in your country)
    Last edited by kalston; 2nd July 2013 at 08:04.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.