Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why new players think game is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium
    You are nothing, you are far away than veteran player, a new player must play at last 1 year or more to be only a little good.

Did player want play 1 year to be good ? I don't think so, what about be a noob for at last 1 year ? Be kill by everyone, be useless.
    this game is not an easy game by nature, and that is whats makes it good at some point, the challenge, the fun, the accomplishment, etc...
    1 year to become something??? if thats the case then action driven games is not for these type of players, and aco in MMO+adventure+RPG but in fight skills its action and not point and shoot relaxed (unless its a ranger :P)
    some pp think things drop out of the sky, its so easy to go online and search guides about the game and classes, etc, everything to learn is on the web and foruns, even videos on youtube with pvp fights and pve hard modes and raids, everything is there, pp dont even bother to go find them, complaint only

oh, and harmonium, im not judging you, just responding to the text, dont get me wrong

- Play year for pvp rank and token
    - Pve year for pvp
    - Or quit
    sad thing is that they believe them... if i believed with would not be here... im not high leveled pvp nor full advanced in perks, and i dont mind loosing against vets, actually that only makes me a better player (and anyone else that tries the same), so in future with better AA, gear and exp it will be alot better

I think people take all the time the more fast choice, quit.
    sadly, thats also true, i see lots of newcommers (not veterans) asking for fast leveling to 80 and such, then they say the community sucks just because they didnt learn how to play their own class while leveling

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc
    LFG is disabled on all my characters, its full of goldseller adds that fill up my chat window and piss me off.
    LFG, GLOBAL, NPH, all have the same issue with goldspammers, usually when one shows up in global it immediately shows up on the other 2
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Don't worry man me i have fun in the game, but less when i meet people with better gear.

Only this, me i play since may 2008 so i have see everything ^^

Well i see that ppl that are negative in their replies are often ppl from Fury server.
    I have toons on both servers but mainly playing on Crom right now.
    On fury pve is almost dead on global chat.
    On global (Fury), ppl mostly troll. Complaining on things instead of actually trying to help new ppl.

I should have said that this was a player i helped on Crom server and Crom is very alive. But this guy love to do pve. And he thougth it was dead cause he couldnt see ppl doing 6mans or raids or anything as a new player with only NPH chat avalible. For him its seemed to be dead before even starting to play the game.
    He would probably not bought premium and now God Slayer if i didnt convinced him, its really worth the money. And as i said. He was really suprised of all activities going on on global pugs etc. And he is really happy about his premium buy.

Im just telling it should be possible for new gamers to see that game is alive. Crom is alive.
    Tons of ppl from Fury have moved their toon to Crom. And i agree Fury is dead except veterans playing mini games all day long and trolling on global.

And by the way, it took me 3 weeks from level 80 to get a descent new toon that actually can kill veterans in minigames. So that is only ******** about gear gap limit your abilities to compete.
    Its still more skill then gear in this game. And team work. Many forget that =)

/Sozaa

Most pve content on Fury is shared between kind of allied guilds.
    Also pve is used on Fury mostly to get an edge over others. If you help too much, the one with the farmed gear you did sanctum runs for yesterday might be just the one killing your alt over and over and calling you "noob, l2p, gtfo" today.

On a positive side, there are still nice guilds and helpful people out there on Fury

Good point, for Crom and PvE servers on general.

But global on PvP servers is well known to be a trash bin, hence why it has been disabled for ftp in the first place, not to scare them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Good point, for Crom and PvE servers on general.

But global on PvP servers is well known to be a trash bin, hence why it has been disabled for ftp in the first place, not to scare them away.
    That being, once you've put in ignore list the 10 players constantly spamming on global it's OK.
    As for PvE on Fury it isn't dead but might be less pug friendly. Players mostly PvE with friends as far as i know.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Seriously!?!? F2P can't even SEE/READ global chat!?!?!
    I'm nearly speechless on this.
    When it comes to promoting this game, Funcom has done some really dumb things, and this one has to be up there in the top 10.

Great Job FC!!!! I am convinced that the CEO's of FC do not want their game to be #1.

put global and lfg as READ ONLY for f2p and problem is solved (like the tell messages)
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Because what you say it not totally true.
    Because goldselling/trolling is NOT a f2p/premium issue.
    Because global is THE channel to find pugs, help and judge activity. Without global it would be a "guild/friend" only game.

Just take a look at the nph channel and you should get what i mean. For the issues you mention, there are two commands ingame:
    /petition and /ignore

Giving this as an excuse to divide the playerbase and actually hurt funcoms revenue is a bit weird to me.

U need a month or 2 to be competitive in pvp with some kind of decent gear, a year? lol.

Even faster for ranged dps.
    Kinaputten

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast