Thread: Mana issues; SC mechanic dt drain+dots

Default Mana issues; SC mechanic dt drain+dots

How u counter dt drain with necro dotting? And mana draining in general? I have build without SC for it when opponent go for dt+necro manadrain-combo @premades and I use that sometimes but sucks to lose SC. Other ideas?

no point in having a special build for that, just dont cast SC when facing mana draining DT's.
    also check the DT's buffs occasionally, the buff you need to look out for is Covenant of Invulnerability, if they dont have it on you are safe to cast whatever without the risk of being insta drained.

mystical bane combo will still drain mana, but they need to hit you and it doesnt drain nearly as much as CoI+SoY.
    Last edited by Barrefaeli; 30th June 2013 at 11:54.

PotSR
    Blood Mana

Kite away
    Faith of Set
    Storm Blood (personally I don't use it)

CoI on it's own isn't too dangerous. Seal of yog is what you need to look for. If it's popped get away asap. If he's still chasing don't recast SC. PotSR. Use CCs.

If you still have mana for SF use that and pop Blood Mana, find some other enemies to tap back on.
    Faith of Set could be a last resort, but I find myself using it when I can. Easily overlooked. It's so effective.

yes, seal of yog is what actively drains the mana, but watching for CoI (since seal of yog is dependant on CoI) will give him more time to prepare, coz if you see that seal of yog has already been cast it could be too late.
    DT's running with CoI are basically showing their intent to drain mana.

Yeah you can also look for the Arcane stacks as an indication. Blue icon alike the World Walker dot from Bear Shaman that stacks up to x10

If only a 2-3 stacks the DT will probably wait before firing off Yog, but you never know. If 10x stacks it's a big danger zone with very big drains. If Yog is popped you could face instant drainage as mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    If 10x stacks it's a big danger zone with very big drains. If Yog is popped you could face instant drainage as mentioned
    that's the risk with SC, if a DT is surrounded by necro pets (imo pet necros in minis is fail) and they all proc storm throne, he can get 10 stacks almost instantly

Thanks for answers. Btw for what u use another spec if not this? It is wasted 6-points when u face dt with drainspec, so u get 10%snare res which is also nice vs those DTs! and static blood or idol depending which u did not have before and that is cool too..

Quote Originally Posted by Jurski View Post
    Btw for what u use another spec if not this?
    i use 3 specs: PVP, stormfield based PoE spec, LS based ranged PVE spec (for special encounters)

What are u using. There is no damage component on storm throne since revamp, so u are relatively safe using sc, unlike before.

come with me in arena and i'll show you how beat a DT.