Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What can help pvp

Quote Originally Posted by byrius View Post
    This quote is taken from a discussion on minigame ballance.

I agree with the first statement, your second however requires programming code above what they're willing/able to do. You see, the game can't just look at pvp lvl, there has to be a point value system where each piece of gear is assigned a value based on its stats. The system looks at a player's gear and gives him an overall playerscore, and then tries to equal out the score on both sides while keeping class balance.

why are we having issues in the first place? Why did we have to get rid of teaming with friends? Because the population is too low which gives the illusion of gear spread being too large.

Ways that we can increase pvp interaction with a small population,
    -Drastically reduce the amount of tokens needed for minigame gear.
    -Remove the pvp quest cooldown timer.
    -Change pvp gear to be even less effective at pve.
    -Change the token(s) on win system with a participation point(s) system.
    -Come out with 3v3 arena style maps and queing system. (Fire whoever came out with sag, people don't want pvp maps that are 40 min long)
    -reduce the time of all games from 20 to 10-12 min.
    -Make conquest trophies and campaign badges account bound instead of player bound.
    -When someone pickes up a box of conquest trophies, those 1-6 tokens should be given to each player in group/raid
    -Decrease the exponential curve in the PVP Experience/pvp level curve from pvp 5-10. Getting from pvp 1-4 now I feel is acceptable in terms of time played. (i've already posted the calculations in a different thread, something like 3.3 years to hit pvp 10 through minigames)

Funcom has already announced Unchained Mini-games, where a new lvl 80 character is equipped with the same gear as a veteran player. This can only work as long as
    -There are still rewards for pvp, and these rewards DONT TAKE 3 YEARS TO GET
    -You can premade
    -all classes either get 0 AA's (against this)
    -All classes get all AA's (for this)
    Yes and yes and yes.......100% u are rite about all of this...bring back old premades and put PvP reword for PvP players ....
    Let it be known forth,if it wasn't before,
    That Primal Instinct is not carpet from Usak
    That Primal Instinct is not silk pillow from Brus
    That Primal Instinct know things more precious then head
    Primal Instinct is not handful of rice to be picked out by
    Every crow brought by the wind !!!

what will help PvP?
    well we need a bigger part of the comunity to take part in it for starters. Then we need to look at why many dont want to pvp.
    i think it come Down to only a a few Things.

1. flaming and misbehavior from pvp comunity in global and minis
    2. 90% of minis end in spawn gank by the stronger team.
    New pvp players in general dont mind getting killed in fight but they will leave and not come back after 2-3 minis, when they are farmed on ress for 10 min every game.

when it comes to all this QQ about pve gear i realy dont give a sh..
    I got hige Level and low Level toons With t4 armor and With t1 pvp armor. they all do well in pvp.
    a poor pvp player can be a ok player in T4 gear, but a good one will always be good. gear dont change that

You dont get the best gear and strongest toon by only playing half the game

Quote Originally Posted by render View Post
    what will help PvP?
    well we need a bigger part of the comunity to take part in it for starters. Then we need to look at why many dont want to pvp.
    i think it come Down to only a a few Things.

1. flaming and misbehavior from pvp comunity in global and minis
    2. 90% of minis end in spawn gank by the stronger team.
    New pvp players in general dont mind getting killed in fight but they will leave and not come back after 2-3 minis, when they are farmed on ress for 10 min every game.

when it comes to all this QQ about pve gear i realy dont give a sh..
    I got hige Level and low Level toons With t4 armor and With t1 pvp armor. they all do well in pvp.
    a poor pvp player can be a ok player in T4 gear, but a good one will always be good. gear dont change that

You dont get the best gear and strongest toon by only playing half the game
    Sorry but I don't think so u are rite about this...Why shod PVE gear like t4 shod be beter then pvp 10 for pvp?This is wrong and need to be fix one for all.What new pvp player can do vs veterans in pvp?Not alot then to get ****.Also gear do mater big time in AOC in PvP....sorry about my English ...
    Let it be known forth,if it wasn't before,
    That Primal Instinct is not carpet from Usak
    That Primal Instinct is not silk pillow from Brus
    That Primal Instinct know things more precious then head
    Primal Instinct is not handful of rice to be picked out by
    Every crow brought by the wind !!!

Honestly i don't see the point of playing AoC to only PvP since that means do PuG minis only... those who does are usually vets with PvP 6+ toons that don't really need more to do well.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Honestly i don't see the point of playing AoC to only PvP since that means do PuG minis only... those who does are usually vets with PvP 6+ toons that don't really need more to do well.
    I don't raid and world pvp does not happen on any server regardless of rule set so the only content I have is mini games and sometimes global...I really have nothing to do on my main but stand in Khemi and admire my 5 year old character.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    On tyranny, the pvp server, vets will play on 19, 39 and 59 too. Most vets prefer pvp 3, not 6. We want players who need help to have a greater advantage. Hell, we did a mini the other night, 4 on 6, but the 4 were vets, and we won. We capped just enough to have a tie in caps, then PVPed to get the win. Now that was a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I don't raid and world pvp does not happen on any server regardless of rule set so the only content I have is mini games and sometimes global...I really have nothing to do on my main but stand in Khemi and admire my 5 year old character.
    Yes i might have not been clear, i can understand vets doing so, seen it all, done it all. But for new players they would be missing most the content there is to discover.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Djeneraldraza View Post
    Sorry but I don't think so u are rite about this...Why shod PVE gear like t4 shod be beter then pvp 10 for pvp?This is wrong and need to be fix one for all.What new pvp player can do vs veterans in pvp?Not alot then to get ****.Also gear do mater big time in AOC in PvP....sorry about my English ...

Its an eazi one, every superretard can get pvp 10, and never can get t4 gear :> PvP gear progression in aoc is horrible, since it almost doesnt demand or benefit from player skill.

For t4 u need to be at least social (can be retard still ^^), for pvp 10 u can do solo, by afking in corners :> So ofc since its MMO, is good that items which demand MMO part, have more power.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Its an eazi one, every superretard can get pvp 10, and never can get t4 gear :> PvP gear progression in aoc is horrible, since it almost doesnt demand or benefit from player skill.

For t4 u need to be at least social (can be retard still ^^), for pvp 10 u can do solo, by afking in corners :> So ofc since its MMO, is good that items which demand MMO part, have more power.
    Dont agree with your point of view. sure there are some horrible players that reached pvp 10 but its still not that easy as you say, but what about all those guys that really love pvp and play game only for that aspect?
    I agree that t4 gear should be most powerfull gear and pve need progression, but i still cant see why stats on t4 cant be split like they are on pvp gear.
    You have 160 crit rating on it, well lets make it 90 crit rating and 70 pve crit rating...
    That way raiders happy and pvpers happy

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Dont agree with your point of view. sure there are some horrible players that reached pvp 10 but its still not that easy as you say, but what about all those guys that really love pvp and play game only for that aspect?
    I agree that t4 gear should be most powerfull gear and pve need progression, but i still cant see why stats on t4 cant be split like they are on pvp gear.
    You have 160 crit rating on it, well lets make it 90 crit rating and 70 pve crit rating...
    That way raiders happy and pvpers happy
    Im saying sure, pvp gear could be best for pvp, np but make to obtain it in other way, coz current is superbad.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast