Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What can help pvp

Default What can help pvp

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    1. Balance done at the start of the timer, instead of 5 seconds to start game.

2. PVP levels not taken in to consideration
    This quote is taken from a discussion on minigame ballance.

I agree with the first statement, your second however requires programming code above what they're willing/able to do. You see, the game can't just look at pvp lvl, there has to be a point value system where each piece of gear is assigned a value based on its stats. The system looks at a player's gear and gives him an overall playerscore, and then tries to equal out the score on both sides while keeping class balance.

why are we having issues in the first place? Why did we have to get rid of teaming with friends? Because the population is too low which gives the illusion of gear spread being too large.

Ways that we can increase pvp interaction with a small population,
    -Drastically reduce the amount of tokens needed for minigame gear.
    -Remove the pvp quest cooldown timer.
    -Change pvp gear to be even less effective at pve.
    -Change the token(s) on win system with a participation point(s) system.
    -Come out with 3v3 arena style maps and queing system. (Fire whoever came out with sag, people don't want pvp maps that are 40 min long)
    -reduce the time of all games from 20 to 10-12 min.
    -Make conquest trophies and campaign badges account bound instead of player bound.
    -When someone pickes up a box of conquest trophies, those 1-6 tokens should be given to each player in group/raid
    -Decrease the exponential curve in the PVP Experience/pvp level curve from pvp 5-10. Getting from pvp 1-4 now I feel is acceptable in terms of time played. (i've already posted the calculations in a different thread, something like 3.3 years to hit pvp 10 through minigames)

Funcom has already announced Unchained Mini-games, where a new lvl 80 character is equipped with the same gear as a veteran player. This can only work as long as
    -There are still rewards for pvp, and these rewards DONT TAKE 3 YEARS TO GET
    -You can premade
    -all classes either get 0 AA's (against this)
    -All classes get all AA's (for this)

You forgot about how they need to buff the bear

Quote Originally Posted by Kinshi View Post
    You forgot about how they need to buff the bear
    sure bear is badass, but i dont really think it needs to be nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    sure bear is badass, but i dont really think it needs to be nerfed
    That's why I said buff the bear not nerf it

I approve of this message!

And Bear Shaman need a buff!!! Make our stuff instant cast so we can stay mobile! Increase our defenses... So much damage these days that the old means of which to survive means diddly... 2 toons focus fire with gear and AA's... Dead Bear!

I dont know if super cereal about bear need buff...

Quote Originally Posted by Rohaus View Post
    I approve of this message!

And Bear Shaman need a buff!!! Make our stuff instant cast so we can stay mobile! Increase our defenses... So much damage these days that the old means of which to survive means diddly... 2 toons focus fire with gear and AA's... Dead Bear!
    I hope you are joking. Buff the bear? Specially defense? Really?
    I think now i have seen everything.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I hope you are joking. Buff the bear? Specially defense? Really?
    I think now i have seen everything.
    they are trolling, no worries

Quote Originally Posted by byrius View Post
    -reduce the time of all games from 20 to 10-12 min.
    PLEASE Funcom, please do this. I can't tell you how pointless a 20 minute mini game is, let alone a 40 minute game (sag). I have limited time to play and sometimes I want to just hop on and do a mini or two, but fitting in a 20 minute mini with no interruptions is not easy. Cutting that time in half would help immensely.

Not to mention, how many minis turn the tide of battle at the 15th/18th minute? 2%? What really happens is the obviously better team gets 2 caps in the first 3 minutes and farms kills for 17m.

So much can be helped by just reducing the mini time.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightshadow- View Post
    PLEASE Funcom, please do this. I can't tell you how pointless a 20 minute mini game is, let alone a 40 minute game (sag). I have limited time to play and sometimes I want to just hop on and do a mini or two, but fitting in a 20 minute mini with no interruptions is not easy. Cutting that time in half would help immensely.

Not to mention, how many minis turn the tide of battle at the 15th/18th minute? 2%? What really happens is the obviously better team gets 2 caps in the first 3 minutes and farms kills for 17m.

So much can be helped by just reducing the mini time.
    Spoken like a true pve'er

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast