Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PoM build for PvE healing (non-raid)?

Why is LoM waste of time? It hits harder than smite and gets higher crit dmg bonus from sw. And mana cost is much lower than it used to be. And since when was halo stacks a problem?

Single target, Smite hits harder than LoM, always.

LoM just has the advantage of being column, so you can hit 2 targets when far apart making it better than Smite in that situation.

If targets are stacked togehter as in shoulder to shoulder, Smite is better again, due to being higher dps and splashing the 2nd/3rd target as well.

In a Sabazious you'd use a Smite over a Lance anyday....
    ....unless your raid is sooooo bad that the snakes are stacked up 20 rows into the back, at which you should be pro clicking into the 20th row to LoM through that. Though that shouldn't be the case, ever.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

I am smiting my way to 80 as we speak maly :P.Smite smite smite !

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuls View Post
    at which you should be pro clicking into the 20th row to LoM through that.
    You know that TAB select the closest target, right? Guess what shift+tab does.

yeah... smite is .. awesome.. don't forget to momentum stun with your staves.

You know that TAB select the closest target, right? Guess what shift+tab does.
    Because tab targeting works so brillantly as it is right now
    I think I'll save me the headache with the shift tabbing...knowing my luck I'll alt tab in the process haha
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuls View Post
    Single target, Smite hits harder than LoM, always.

LoM just has the advantage of being column, so you can hit 2 targets when far apart making it better than Smite in that situation.

If targets are stacked togehter as in shoulder to shoulder, Smite is better again, due to being higher dps and splashing the 2nd/3rd target as well.
    According to my experience I'm not sure Smite is better than LoM when targets are stacked. After all, LoM is column + splash (while for example Eye doesn't splash without weaving).
    E.g. for 3 stacked mobs, each mob would get a LoM hit + up to two LoM splashes from the 2 other hits, while with smite they would get either one main hit or one splash.
    Last edited by Ieronon; 3rd July 2013 at 14:11.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

PVE healing is easy. The followings are the must haves:

LoM: Doing damage while healing (you can top heal and DPS)

Shimmering Invocation:
    Must have. Ticket to secure raid spot (If you care about raid). Make sure to invest minimum amount of AAs on others and get this as top priority (If you only focus is on pve).

Bless of Mitra:
    Tank will love you.

Celestial gaze: useful if tank is weak.

Divine halo: Every amount of heals add up.
    Priest of Mitra PVP 10
    Everyone <3 pompom !!!

You can stack heal rating gear, but do NOT remove gear with + crit rating for + heal rating. Stack that crit rating high! Divine Halo healing crits based on your crit rating! So with decent gear and Divine Salvation you look at 28-30% crit chance on that heal.

According to my experience I'm not sure Smite is better than LoM when targets are stacked. After all, LoM is column + splash (while for example Eye doesn't splash without weaving).
    E.g. for 3 stacked mobs, each mob would get a LoM hit + up to two LoM splashes from the 2 other hits, while with smite they would get either one main hit or one splash.
    Ugh.

I actually hate to admit that you are right on that. Just having resetted my rarely ever used Divnity specc, just feating 5 points Vengeance and 10 points to finish out LoM gave me pretty good numbers.
    Being LoM being on par to Smite and they trading off whoever is doing more dmg, but once stacked, LoM takes the race to a whole different level. 2 mobs stacked is 2x column and 2x splash (which is kinda ridicoulus imo) and outdoes Smite any day. Any specc and gear even.

Though with that said, single target still is Smite for me, 50% more mana for slight increase just isn't worthwhile the mana trouble I am already having with my Ven/Gen build.

On that note, fix Ether Discharge again, thx.

I think I'm either looking at
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v2_1182...f2b22f5d02f7c4

or

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v2_1182...f7c42f56e2f378

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast