Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SUGGESTION: PVP Mini Games

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Well yes and no, you said we need do t4 for pvp.

Because i have "no choice" sorry, but i don't want pve for pvp, but the game don't give me choice, if i want be equal, but i have two choice now.

1 : Do t4
    2 : Quit the game

i wait a little but i think my decision is taken, because of those gear gap, the game is nice, i play since 2008 with some break, but the game is now only gear count, this is so bad.

They should give to everyone a t4 pvp stuff who work only in mini and open area, the stuff will not work in dungeon and pve.

Or two panel, one pvp, one pve.

But that will never be.

Oh and for answer you, with my dt too i have lot of gun when i meet "normal guys" its look like i play a cool game, but when i meet a "terminator" then i want quit the game immediately because of the stupid gear gap.

And even more when i right click someone and see the awesome stuff he got and weapon t4, when i look my stuff i am so crap.
    your playing conq you already have ibis when you get t2 pvp set your unkillable.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    your playing conq you already have ibis when you get t2 pvp set your unkillable.
    My friend i don't play only one class, i like play some.

I have a dt who are only pvp 3 he has been created in may 2008 ^^"

but he never get pve stuff or raid, if you want to know why in my french server pvper was called "pk" and was blacklist for raid etc.

I have some char on crom, i don't play, i don't know why they are on crom.

I am my tos who are full khitai stuff, nice to play.

And my conq, who are OP, realy so OP, so that mean less challenge at all.

And like i tell you my dt is my first character i have created in aoc, so trying stuff him, and play it, is realy cool for me.

I have 7 k kill and only pvp 3 like you can see, pvp xp didn't existed much, when i was playing it. But i have some Ultimate AA (Madness thing).

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    1. Perform team balance with 5 seconds left. Not at the start of the countdown.
    Signed, excellent suggestion & hopefully won't take a lot of effort to implement.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

T4 gear for caster is best gear available for minigames, but believe it or not, there is not huge difference compared to kithai gear (DPS set ofc, like a mix of BB and SC for casters).

Skill makes a lot more difference than the gap between kithai / T4 gear.

You can see many T4 mages in minigames which get quite crap results.

Mages in T4 gear are not monsters as you describe in some thread.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    T4 gear for caster is best gear available for minigames, but believe it or not, there is not huge difference compared to kithai gear (DPS set ofc, like a mix of BB and SC for casters).

Skill makes a lot more difference than the gap between kithai / T4 gear.

You can see many T4 mages in minigames which get quite crap results.

Mages in T4 gear are not monsters as you describe in some thread.
    Well weapon, ring, necklaces, cloak, trust me, i have never see so powerfull item.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    In the US its players giving up because of poor balance.

I havent seen players in the same guild not attack on Tyranny. This is a good thing, so thats definetly going to be an issue on merge. I can see US players getting really frustrated with EU if this is the case. Hopefully sparking Premades.

Its like EU and US have so different issues that I cannot wait to see when we combine them, the attitudes that will come will be one giant super attitude that will consume the game, and the poor GM will never have a chance, unless he comes through prior to merge.
    Well i'm not certain there is that much diffrence between EU and US on that particular matter. From what you are saying i'd say it's just that we disagree on the causes and the consequences.

I find balance decent enough. Archetypes are usually divided fairly and it is rare to have all the highest PvP levels on one side. The only glitch happening is when a player refuses the invite to a mini and his replaced by the first to sign up. But that's a minor glitch by my standards.

That's my observation.
    Now i could also observe that an unneclectable share of minis finds one team steamrolling the other. Here you have two points of view possible. You can either blame a not sharp enough balance or blame players.

My experience of the game makes me blame players and Pick up groupe. See balance, taken litteraly, would mean that both team have equal chances to win. The odds of this happening are so low for countless reasons that it's counter-productive to try to reach for that. Even when you duel people it's rare to find players against whom you have a 50/50 chance of winning. In groupe based PvP it's even more unlikely.
    Therefore, i believe the concept of balance needs to be widen.

Example: If you assume only a 50/50 chances of winning is worth playing... then you're not going to fight much.
    If you decide a 30/70 chance of winning is enough. You have more possible fights but you need to be ready to fight both when you have 70% chances of winning and 30%. If you give up each time you're in the 30% scenario you break the odds and make put your team in deeper trouble possibly preventing them from even putting up a fight.

Personnaly i can't stop cursing players when they leave mini after the first wipe, or go in hide. Because when that happens, most of the time we could put up a great fight or even win if playing smarter. But the would mean negative k/d and if that is acceptable in groupe PvP, it isn't in PuG where the groupe doesn't prevail.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I'm going to do something very posh and quote myself ! How great !

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post

Example: If you assume only a 50/50 chances of winning is worth playing... then you're not going to fight much.
    If you decide a 30/70 chance of winning is enough. You have more possible fights but you need to be ready to fight both when you have 70% chances of winning and 30%. If you give up each time you're in the 30% scenario you break the odds and put your team in deeper trouble possibly preventing them from even putting up a fight.
    This is also true for gear issues. Indeed, T4 gives an advantage. Man up, out smart them, out-skill them or both or give up if you can't take the challenge and believe it is sololy because of gear that they make it.
    Truth is, on Fury at least, most of the players wearing T4 gear aren't bad players. Some are even pretty damn good.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

My friend i don't play only one class, i like play some.

I have a dt who are only pvp 3 he has been created in may 2008 ^^"

but he never get pve stuff or raid, if you want to know why in my french server pvper was called "pk" and was blacklist for raid etc.

I have some char on crom, i don't play, i don't know why they are on crom.

I am my tos who are full khitai stuff, nice to play.

And my conq, who are OP, realy so OP, so that mean less challenge at all.

And like i tell you my dt is my first character i have created in aoc, so trying stuff him, and play it, is realy cool for me.

I have 7 k kill and only pvp 3 like you can see, pvp xp didn't existed much, when i was playing it. But i have some Ultimate AA (Madness thing).
    so what mate?
    i play dt in pvp too. i dont go around crying over t4 gear.
    i have hox with 6k kills and 2.8k deaths 0 minigames playd pvp3.
    so what?
    if i were you i would focus just 1 char untill you fully learn to play it, especialy now that they say new aa's are coming playing your main char might be more fun and have some progression feel to it.
    and to be honest the more chars you play the less you know how to play them fully and more confusing it gets with all the keybinds...less is more :P
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    so what mate?
    i play dt in pvp too. i dont go around crying over t4 gear.
    i have hox with 6k kills and 2.8k deaths 0 minigames playd pvp3.
    so what?
    if i were you i would focus just 1 char untill you fully learn to play it, especialy now that they say new aa's are coming playing your main char might be more fun and have some progression feel to it.
    and to be honest the more chars you play the less you know how to play them fully and more confusing it gets with all the keybinds...less is more :P
    I have no problem bind any skill on my class and playing them.

You are the one who say l2p to a kheshata stuff when playing t4 gear ?

I have no problem bind any skill on my class and playing them.

You are the one who say l2p to a kheshata stuff when playing t4 gear ?
    yeah, yeah. keep repeating t4 gear is op as much you want
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast