Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MAY/JUNE LETTER, Crafting Revamp?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Three cheers for no more shard farm openings!!
    Damn straight. Wing 1 has absolutely been done to death. Plus shard farming is boring as hell.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

I am one of the few people (on Mitra-Server) who does a lot of crafting and love to sell those items, even with RP. Collecting recipes was and IS my biggest motivation for playing AoC. Since everybody knows that recipes will be gone one day, only fools are buying those recipes at the trader. The prices for recipes dropped to 3-10 Gold short after the announcement of the revamp. I think this is because no one knows if these efforts will be rewarded. Buying recipes today is like burning money, and collecting BOP-recipes in Onyx is wasting time.

Nevertheless, I am one of these fools trying to "waste" my time as I like to hunt those recipes and I WANT to craft ALL of those items before revamp, but it is very difficult to find members for such a raid.

So I think it would be pretty nice to hear something CONFIRMED about a compensation for those crafting-veterans. Maybe this will re-animate old dungeons...
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Personally, I don't care if shards are in or out, but I would wager that they know at this point what they are going to do with them.

If they're writing shards out of the game, and haven't decided how to compensate those who have shards, let us know. If they will remain in game with the same use or will be useful in another way, let us know.

Or if they're still uncertain about them, put that out there as well. The previous team was fail, but they did recognize the importance of shards and addressed them.

I'm on board with the new team, but this is a pretty important thing to address, if they can.

If they are going to write off normal mats, they should write off Shards as well. Very often it takes the same amount of effort / time to get 1 shard as it does for a few Illustrium or Platinum. Value vs time is about the same (once instance is open for shards).

Why penilise those who spent ages farming the normal rares to reward a few who went for Shards.
    Last edited by Vaere; 27th June 2013 at 17:58.

I think a complete restart with no compensation is the best thing they can do. Finding fair compensation rules will waste a lot of time and there will always be ppl saying they are still unfair.

And i myself think its not fair to make a complete new system where veterans get a reward from a complete useless system we have now over new ppl (from steam for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    And i myself think its not fair to make a complete new system where veterans get a reward from a complete useless system we have now over new ppl (from steam for example).
    Just a note, the game was on Steam a while ago, it got removed. So some of the vets are originaly steam members.
    A problem with not rewarding or giving some compensation is the simple fact that you will loose players. With the player base as small as it is now thats never a good thing. However rewarding those that farm 1 instance over and over for Shards is equaly not right as there are many that actually put effort into crafting in general, not just 1 mob type in 1 instance.
    Last edited by Vaere; 27th June 2013 at 19:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    You clearly weren't here at launch. Look at this list.

Ship has sailed, mate. Give Joel a blank slate and thank Crom that he might actually write on it.
    I was here at launch I don't need to click on your link.

Just because the first 2 game directors promised us awesome stuff and delivered nearly none of it, doesn't mean the cycle of bullcrap can continue.

That's why I said they need to man up.

They need to lay down their plans so we can see them, then they need to deliver what they are promising us. Enough crap already...

We need:
    1. mage revamps
    2. a few small class tweaks to LO, TTS & VOM.
    3. pvp systems 100% priority, nemesis systems, top 50x rankings with displayable titles. Honor title system would also be great.
    4. craft revamp with compensation for vet recipe holders
    5. pve achievement systems with displayable titles
    6. ftp and itemshop overhaul
    7. T3.5 adjustments
    8. unfinished content - dragonspine

Thats the sort of stuff we need and they need to tell us what they are doing and the time frame they plan to do stuff in. This system we have now is not good enough.

It seem like everything is on the backburner right now, and the craft revamp looks like 2014...

Just not good enough.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 27th June 2013 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    I think a complete restart with no compensation is the best thing they can do. Finding fair compensation rules will waste a lot of time and there will always be ppl saying they are still unfair.

The thing is, not all veterans were crafters. Only a few people were, and I believe it would be fare.

No steam player, and few other vets did oasis of zara over 1k times and still haven't found the recipe they are after. "like me" Was this fare? I don't think so, but I am still after it.

Let alone all the recipes I already have found, or purchased via **** tons of gold, to just take it away abruptly because "oh we have a new crating idea" this is a shitty way to loose what you have gathered. Try this example.

We are taking out all pvp armor in the game, regardless of your pvp lvl. pvp10's are going to be super pissed I'm sure, probably more so than some 'steam player" who's pvp 3.

My point is, they better give us something in return for screwing us over on the recipes. It's already a biotch of a thing, that they are taking them away.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    I was here at launch I dont need to click on your link.

Just because the first 2 game directors promised us awesome stuff and delivered nearly none of it, doesn't mean the cycle of bullcrap can continue.

That's why I said they need to man up.

They need to lay down their plans so we can see them, then they need to deliver what they are promising us. Enough crap already...
    To add to this, it's not just that "craig morrison" promised this stuff just late last year. Its the fact that the current GD was handed his work on the crafting revamp. And with this said, the current GD decided to post pone it. 'Cool, I agree"

BUT!!!

The current GD didn't mention even 1 statement that he would have to change the very nature of the revamp, and or the rules of. He only mentioned about the renown system within the guild city's etc. That and the quest updates within the game as not working from what Craig was working on.

Regardless of old promises etc. What is the rite thing to do? Just abruptly screwing over all the vets who ground out the recipes, and then puttig them on equal footing with the other players in the game. No, this isn't fare! We have already done our grinding out of leveling armorsmiths, weaponsmiths etc. Been their done that! I feel we deserve some amazing resource experimentation mats for the recipes we have already gathered.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Well even the standard resources I have at least 20-30K prob more if I actually add them all up.

We have one guildie who has at least 100-150K of them. THere has to be some compensation for all of those resources.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast