Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MAY/JUNE LETTER, Crafting Revamp?????????

Default MAY/JUNE LETTER, Crafting Revamp?????????

Ok, I just read the questions/answers from May and June time frame.

In the questions, it was asked about the craft revamp etc. It literally states that it will be completely redone. Meaning, no recipes, no resources, no nothing will stay in game etc.

What about those people with T3 crafted recipes, and the shards. Oh and don't forget the Ibis's.

Are these about to be gone from us? Are shards going to be useless? This left allot of holes in what was announced from the other Game Director.

From what I understood, the recipes we have now would be basically vanity armor pieces "if we had them", and the new craft revamp would in fact have us start over. In terms of finding the recipes on our own, and also resourcing etc.

As I said, their are allot of unresolved questions that I believe should be filled in just a bit, you don't have to say everything. Just let us know that your at least thinking about those of us "like me" who have spent allot of time and effort gathering these recipes. Kinda feel like I'm getting the shaft.
    Last edited by kennyfisterbotm; 26th June 2013 at 02:49.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

At least i know now which of the unanswered questions i will have to ask again in "Your Voice July".

The already answered questions do really not bode well (even if the new system IS doubletimes or significantly better, the "complete makeover" choice will annoy a LOT of people, not mentioning that it is unnecessary choice). If they gave more details, on how they plan the new system to work, i am sure, many players (including me) can give them working conversion rules within one or two days.

They really should take a look at pen and paper rpgs or mathematics. Independant of the worth of an old or new system. As long as they are "systems" with rules (visible or invisible to the player) you can make conversion rules.

Complete rehaul as i was answered, sounds rather like that there will be not even a conversion into vanity designs (at least now i am not counting even on this anymore).

For existing items i guess they will choose the same route as they have done before. Existing items will remain, but can't be crafted ever again.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th June 2013 at 07:58.

"In terms of items, as mentioned yesterday, the items themselves will still be there. Anything that was made prior to the changes will still be there.

You just won't be able to make them again after the changes.

Those items will in effect become legacy items that were created by the old system. They will continue to exist, people just won't be able to make new ones."

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...9&postcount=19

this is from Silirrion, the previous game director

so in a nut shell: all the already crafted stuff stays, can you make it again after revamp? No. At least not in the same way (but you can make even more powerful stuff).
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    "In terms of items, as mentioned yesterday, the items themselves will still be there. Anything that was made prior to the changes will still be there.

You just won't be able to make them again after the changes.

Those items will in effect become legacy items that were created by the old system. They will continue to exist, people just won't be able to make new ones."

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...9&postcount=19

this is from Silirrion, the previous game director

so in a nut shell: all the already crafted stuff stays, can you make it again after revamp? No. At least not in the same way (but you can make even more powerful stuff).
    Sill(?) also mentioned keeping some of the resources (shards?) and/or an option of some conversion (don´t have time to search old forums), so I was kinda surprised by the announced total reset (and I´m not alone, I guess)

btw your link will be dead in 4 days

Sillirion also said there was going to be some form of compensation for people with current recipes.

We will though be making sure that veterans get some form of boost or 'head start' with the new system. It is a little early for any final decisions there however and that is something we will confirm during final testing. Rest assured however that we be sure to provide something to you all as recognition of previous efforts.
    That gone with the wind now? Another false promise?
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 26th June 2013 at 12:23.

Theses kind of "promises" comes from another century, i don't mind loosing my old-unused recipes if the new system rocks.

I couldnt care less if the new system is a complete new start. And i just did armor crafting quest with another toon and bought recipes for about 200 gold. So i invested about 350g a few days ago in the current system and i still like to have an interesting new one where everyone starts from scratch then a system where veterans have an advantage from start on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Theses kind of "promises" comes from another century, i don't mind loosing my old-unused recipes if the new system rocks.
    A few months ago. Not another century.

Already there have been too many broken promises. Too many times vets have been dead legged and bummed. It's about damn time Funcom snapped out of it and started honoring their commitments and promises.

We'll be able to use the old recipes to shape crafted items. Sounds like a good thing to me.
    Last edited by Mellaus; 26th June 2013 at 12:38.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    A few months ago. Not another century.
    It was another GD, when Funcom was in better state. You can't take previous GD thoughts as promises, especially when they comes from the early stages of crafting revamp. As a vet, i surely want new infos for this revamp but compensation for old trash recipes we have farmed ? Forget it. It's the last thing vets needs, eh.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast