Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: MAY/JUNE LETTER, Crafting Revamp?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    Have you watched the video?
    If not, do it. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/s...wArticle/26210

in the new system the focus is on the crafter, not recipes. YOU will have to come up with different recipes to make something unique. Combine the mats, to make th base, slot power gems in a lot of different ways to make the stats. The system will allow you to make a piece of armor only you know how to make.

In what way is that bad or even potentially bad?

And as for mats grinding? The need to grind is ONLY for mats instead of now when you need to grind for mats, recipes and not to mention the eternally and mindnumbingly boring grind to level up you crafting skill.

The only thing the old system currently delivers of any value to anyone is an Ibis sword. That's it. A marginal use of some items while levelling perhaps. But they don't even sell for more than the combined cost of the mats used to make it, so why even bother.

It is completely and utterly pointless.
    You made your point clear about the old system. But you should be respectful enough for others to disagree.

Seriously, where have i said, that the new system is bad? Even the skin+gem+gem+gem+gem version i was referring to, would allow for more versality than the actual one. All i was saying is, that no compensation/conversion is a suboptimal (or bluntly BAD choice), that a conversion should be possible (despite what Sillirion said), in any case they should put info about the changes online and available with enough time before info release and actual patch and that the given questions sounded worrisome to me (so yes, certain points are potentially bad).

The old one was not bad, it just lacked customization (which could have been added) and proper updates (which could have been added too). But the flaw was that it required constant maintenance in a way (new recipes) and was not balanced when it came to grind and power. So, it is completely understandable and a good thing they took a look at it.

Thank you for the video link, but it is from 2012. So how do you know, the info in it is not outdated?

I was referring to just the same video (though from memory, i did not remember the whole part). The crafting menu certainly looks different, but it looks just as i said:
    one skin + components + addons (where the skin takes part of the old recipe without stats, components and addons take part of the "gems" i mentioned. Difference to me is the amount of components and that the gems are inserted in the creation process, not afterwards like now. The hidden recipes are the gem combinations (a, b, c))
    So far, so good actually. The current customization by gems seems to be replaced by a wider variety of choices. What you said, that i could make items only i would be able to make, is not clear to me. This would only apply, if using the same components, patterns and gem combination would lead to different results (hence my mention of "invisible" recipes).

But i still miss the feature list, features in the new system that could not be done in the old one (like dyes, modifications, transmutation rules, curses etc.).

And again, the whole contents of the video contradict the answers given, which is still worrying at least me (because with the system described in the video, there would have been a conversion in a way (existing recipes into look recipes) and it would have been highly likely people could reproduce most standard results and items they can create now (like a sword with combat rating and hit or crit bonus (basic 1he with hit or crit gem)). That's why i am hoping for more detailed answers or some clarification.

They say at around 10 mins, that it is a new way of putting things together and a new gem system, which is very similar to what i said in the previous post. They also say, that they can drop crafting components now everywhere. But that is something they already were able to do in the old system (either by changing lootlists or adding transmutation). This does still not look like a complete overhaul to me.
    At 11:42 they even say when it comes to shards, that there would be a way to create the same weapons or more powerful ones. If that does not contradict the answers, i don't know...

...which leads to my conclusion that the video is probably not as "up to date" as you think/hope. But again, i will re-ask the remaining open questions in next yourvoice or there will be some official comparison/feature list soon, so we can all stop speculating. We could also do such a list ourselves here, based on the video, because watching 50 mins of rather dry english in (at least for me) bad quality, might not be everyones cup of tea (actually, if there is no more official info saying that video is outdated soon, i will probably do just that. Maybe then you can understand why i am worried).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 30th June 2013 at 15:54.

Since there will be no "Your voice" in july probably, i will repeat the open questions here:

- Will charbound skills or such exist or will it be bound all on character amount and player knowledge?
    - Will players be able to change existing items?
    - Will there be some risk or tradeoff involved (e.g. cursed or broken items, some penalties you can work in to have a better chance of intended benefits)?
    - Will you update the resource and bank space according to the new amount of resources (especially for f2p the situation atm is plainly annoying)?
    - What about guild city decorations and guild city building?
    - Will there be craftable pvp items or the option to add pvp stats to pve items? (this was actually answered before, but since it was before the actual dev circle, can't hurt to ask it again for confirmation)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678