Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HoC nerfed?????

Default HoC nerfed?????

as anyone else notice how bosses in threshold go down in seconds???

i noticed in fights with completely different groups...
    some examples:
    - the mage in plateau used to do around 3 blood extractions, but now when he reaches the second one his health is lower than 10%
    - the commander in plateau took its time to go down cause of shield, now dont even need to worry about it because his goes down like he has no shield
    - other bosses with shields in plateau, same thing as the commander
    - rare runecaster boss used to kill clothies with his aoe and know the damage he inflicts is basically the same has the normal boss, i only noticed that we killed the rare boss because of the loot he gave, in terms of fight difficulty = NONE

the order we killed bosses last night was, first runecaster narvi, 2nd all plateau boss, then while waiting for plateau to cooldown, we killed all the others below at 3xtimes, then narvi rare form, then went to plateau....
    so overall we killed all bosses below 3xtimes in their normal forms (artificier, alchemist, priest, narvi) and one rare narvi boss before going to plateau again, and we still had to wait 2min of cooldown, so it took us 58minutes for that round

i played with my hox who still has very few perks ranked, and gear its low also (one or two t1 epic with one or two khitai and rest is blue) but still my dps was on top with the rest of the group, everyone got 15% more or less damage done on parser except a demo this makes me believe their damage is not that UBER HUGE to make bosses go down that easy

so, has anyone else noticed this or is it me????
    fighting in HoC now seems like fighting in atzel or onyx chambers, the difference is, bosses are lvl83 instead of 80, i had no fun to be honest, on that "department", in the runs i did this last week in hoc (havent tested vile yet or even the raid)
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Interesting.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

- the commander in plateau took its time to go down cause of shield, now dont even need to worry about it because his goes down like he has no shield
    He has no shield if you know the details.
    They also have no shields if you know what to do.
    - rare runecaster boss used to kill clothies with his aoe
    None of the rare bosses ever had any drastic difficulty increase, only a true weakling (<5000 hp) would die to Narvi's blast.

None of the Threshold bosses (aside from Shryke and ymirish, apparently neither of whom you tried) were ever dangerous. Their hp might or might not have been nerfed lately but they were all lootbags waiting to be opened from day one.

Only Arcanist (whom you didn't try either) could really be called "nerfed" if he's lost some hp, all other lootbags were already boring enough that shortening their battles could be considered a good thing.
    Last edited by cins; 24th June 2013 at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    so, has anyone else noticed this or is it me????
    It is just you.
    Elleanorr - Stygian Demonologist
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    He has no shield if you know the details.
    They also have no shields if you know what to do.
    - rare runecaster boss used to kill clothies with his aoe
    None of the rare bosses ever had any drastic difficulty increase, only a true weakling (<5000 hp) would die to Narvi's blast.

None of the Threshold bosses (aside from Shryke and ymirish, apparently neither of whom you tried) were ever dangerous. Their hp might or might not have been nerfed lately but they were all lootbags waiting to be opened from day one.

Only Arcanist (whom you didn't try either) could really be called "nerfed" if he's lost some hp, all other lootbags were already boring enough that shortening their battles could be considered a good thing.
    of course they have shields, its the Deflection Shields, that each boss has different tactics to remove or decrease the deflection...

ive seen demos/necros dying from runecaster rare form blast in the past everytime, yesterday was the only day i saw that a demo survived the rare boss blast, plus, also i was with hox that is clothie and survived (the thing us that the blast in normal mode and hard mode makes not difference now and in the past it did)
    Last edited by PutchPT; 24th June 2013 at 11:25.
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

i've been in groups that have burned the plateu bosses down in 10 minutes and i've beeen in groups where each boss have taken 10 minutes. you probabely just experienced a "pro" group and it's aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by sgtMassDozer View Post
    i've been in groups that have burned the plateu bosses down in 10 minutes and i've beeen in groups where each boss have taken 10 minutes. you probabely just experienced a "pro" group and it's aftermath
    i hope thats the reason, but last group i was also were amazed by the speed we killed the bosses...
    i will do some more runs in pug groups to see the difference and also with pro group with guildies
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

I noticed the conjurer respawns faster.
    When the instance first came out we could down the mage after a few blood extractions, but most notable was the fact that we would down the commander before he could spawn more than one martyr.

I know they changed it recently though.

I went and computed the HP of Threshold of Divinity bosses from my combat logs for February 2012 and from May 2013, and their HP hasn't changed at all. TBH during my recent farming there I haven't noticed any other changes compared to what it was like initially either.

maybe indeed i was in the presence of two different, but imba groups, ill do some more runs to see
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast