Thread: Suggestion: Bori Change

Lightbulb Suggestion: Bori Change

Hello.

I`d like to start off by mentioning that Age of Conan still have many PVP players.

Even if they have moved to PVE servers, that would be because they have more online people and mini-games pop more often.

Nowadays, you can grind to high pvp levels by NOT doing any pvp, that makes no sense.

So I am here to suggest some modifications to bori:

- Make it avaiable for farming only during a certain period of time. For exemple, Every Saturday or Sunday during 3-5 hours. Or maybe more than one day per week, in my opinion, not more than 2.

- Bori gives PVP xp only when active for farming (increased xp from what it is today, maybe like 5-10x more, so people would actually be interested in being there). During other times of the week, it doesnt give ANY pvp xp at all.

PROS and CONS:

PRO: By doing that, Bori would be actually a good event every week, people would expect for it, group up for it, FIGHT for it and we would have more group PVP action for those who like it.

PRO: Since we dont have much Siege fights, it would be an alternative and certain of group pvp every week.

PRO: A distraction for those who are tired of bot flagging at mini-games.

PRO: Would be an extra guild event every week.

PRO: I think it would make some pvp crew to come back to the game and prevent some to stop playing it.

PRO: PVE people would not be farmed by doing PVE (bori farm with no pvp) anymore.

-------

CONS: I couldnt think of any negative aspect of this change.

Maybe we will have more group pvp actions when servers merge come, but I dont believe they will last long.

What does the community think about this?

would of been good idea if it was like this from the start, but tbh there is no point now.

Bori is good for new people to get to pvp 4 fast so they can do minis, thats about it.

tier 4 gear is way better then pvp 10 gear, so who would grind bori for months now?

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    would of been good idea if it was like this from the start, but tbh there is no point now.

Bori is good for new people to get to pvp 4 fast so they can do minis, thats about it.

tier 4 gear is way better then pvp 10 gear, so who would grind bori for months now?

People still farm bori sometimes, but most of them run away when people come to gank them.

And people still get groups together to pvp at bori sometimes, why not put them together farming and pvping? im sure many people still want to get farm at bori, if not with their mains, with their alts.

And its not "grinding bori for months" since you wont be able to. Bori would be a bonus for the guild/group who fights for it.

With increased PVP xp rewards, I think many people would want to get around 5k pvp xp per altar cap while bori is avaiable, making the area crowded and with action

Con: farming rocks for pvpxp

Con: biggest guild will guard it for 3-5 hours instead of 24

Con: strong get stronger, weak get weaker

Con: your system is almost exactly the same as it is now, just for 3-5 hours a day, fail

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Con: farming rocks for pvpxp

Con: biggest guild will guard it for 3-5 hours instead of 24

Con: strong get stronger, weak get weaker

Con: your system is almost exactly the same as it is now, just for 3-5 hours a day, fail
    con1: really? people will actually have to fight for bori, fight = pvp.

con2: so be it, thats how bori is supposed to be anyway, the strong dominates

con3: wrong, the best and organized group = gets stronger

con4: i said 3-5 hours a WEEK, not a day

Quote Originally Posted by Mendigo View Post
    con1: really? people will actually have to fight for bori, fight = pvp.

con2: so be it, thats how bori is supposed to be anyway, the strong dominates

con3: wrong, the best and organized group = gets stronger

con4: i said 3-5 hours a WEEK, not a day
    bori will not work like this even if you increase xp and open only once per week
    the idea of bori is good but the mechanics behind is the problem

if there is pvp in zone no progression on shrines except bodyparts

i would choose minigames instead because you get more tokens with fights all the time this would not work in bori

also 1 map for all ppl is kinda big joke if someone remember the early days in ce

i read nothing that would make it less of pve content granting pvp xp.

untill the day they make sacrifice materials drop exclusively off players bori is still pve content granting pvp xp bonus.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Objective based PvP is not PvE. However, the way Bori is designed it can be played only as PvE, which seems to be what the population prefers.

If Bori was changed to where the pve mats granted very little towards the sacrifice and items dropped by players could be sacrificed at a much higher contribution % than Bori would make sense as you would need both a PvP objective and PvE objective, which was the original intent.

In this set up people who only farmed the rocks would find it a waste of time and ineffective since you would need actual PvP for the mats which provide decent % for the sacrifice. This is an instant fix, although I doubt that the current population majority wants to actually pvp for their levels as they are happy to just pve T4 armor in 2/3 less the time and not need any pvp level.

Also, destroying an altar is much harder than defending it, rewards should be very high for doing so. The body parts were a good step, but they give too little exp and tokens with a 5 minute cool down for people to continue with that.

As of right now, there is little reward for killing bori farmers other than a few moments of priceless QQ.
    Doomsayer 2008

Two easy implemented changes:
    - body parts drop everywhere in open world pvp, but ONLY from other players and will give pvp benefits, if sacrificed in Bori
    - gathering materials and sacrficing them will grant only pve benefits (rare mat combinations, crafting stuff, pve resources, guild renown etc.) or maybe some pvp xp boost, if the gatherers are involved in fighting and defend their turf

Effect:
    - slight boost for open world pvp (and fight clubbing, but since you have to sacrifice them in Bori and have to actually get them to the altars, it will have some pvp risk involved). So this aspect (body parts dropping everywhere) should be reviewed after a few weeks.

Default Bori is awful

I hit rock , i win - wtf still the same ol' crap