Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixing DT stats

Calore is the only one beeing not realistic here ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    DT in frenzy can't tank anything ofc.
    Using dread shadow is definitely not tanking if that's what you are talking about, and there are no 6 men which you could "solo tank" by just using Dread Shadow anyway.
    In my palace screenshot ( http://i.imgur.com/ORu7brP.jpg )the DT did not use Dread shadow once (he was in def stance though) and the healers didn't use any big or AA heals either. We just kept small heals up and Kabaene went full out. And it works just fine in a full KK run too (he didn't feel like doing it in frenzy because with full tos gear that would be a bit much probably, however I'm sure tank gear + frenzy works).

All 3 soldiers are sick in pvp, but in pve it's mostly the DTs that are (and probably conqs too to some extent), you can't seriously deny this.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    In my palace screenshot ( http://i.imgur.com/ORu7brP.jpg )the DT did not use Dread shadow once (he was in def stance though) and the healers didn't use any big or AA heals either. We just kept small heals up and Kabaene went full out. And it works just fine in a full KK run too (he didn't feel like doing it in frenzy because with full tos gear that would be a bit much probably, however I'm sure tank gear + frenzy works).

All 3 soldiers are sick in pvp, but in pve it's mostly the DTs that are (and probably conqs too to some extent), you can't seriously deny this.
    (Carnage) Conq and DT are broken, and I main a conq but tank with both in T4. Carnage is stupefying DPS (highest for me single target is 2600) while DT is just retarded DPS even while tanking. Both classes (which are the classes I probably am playing the most of right now) need a fairly serious cut back in their power. I'm sorry if that offends other DTs but cracking out 2000 DPS in defensive stance and tanking at the same time is completely unfair to DPS classes that are managing only similar numbers but obviously can't main tank it too.
    Last edited by Boesch; 23rd June 2013 at 11:25.

Are you seriously surprised cause a DT can tank Palace or KK with no dread shadow, AA heals or Big Heals, and you think that this is a good reason to ask for DT nerf?

I don't know how to explain you, but any good tank could do the same.
    This is just another pointless fact to ask for DT class nerf.

As I wrote already most of cries about DT damage are caused by one specific VoM buff, which gives an insane Critical Damage Rating buff (+150% if I remember correctly, I can't log to check now).
    They could rework it to give +hate increase instead of DPS while DT is in Defencive Stance so that DT pushes less damage while tanking.

You may or not like how DT class works, and especially it beeing VoM dependent (personally I really like this class), but post like the one before is motivated just by game knowledge lack imho.

I don't really want to be rude, but I hate reading nonsense posts, especially when they are the "pve nerf cry" type when game needs a lot of different things and there is no need to make developers work on non useful stuff just with the risk to break what works and is not really needed to change.
    Last edited by Calore; 23rd June 2013 at 11:32.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Are you seriously surprised cause a DT can tank Palace or KK with no dread shadow, AA heals or Big Heals, and you think that this is a good reason to ask for DT nerf?

I don't know how to explain you, but any good tank could do the same.
    This is just another pointless fact to ask for DT class nerf.

How about no? Guards and conqs can't tank in dps gear or frenzy while topping parses (they don't have a self healing ability that scales with their damage so the fight would have to be ultra short and would require them to use bubbles big heals etc). Dps classes can't top parses while tanking. Etc. is that so hard to grasp?

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    How about no? Guards and conqs can't tank in dps gear or frenzy while topping parses (they don't have a self healing ability that scales with their damage so the fight would have to be ultra short and would require them to use bubbles big heals etc). Dps classes can't top parses while tanking. Etc. is that so hard to grasp?
    You posted a screen about a DT who tanked in defencive, that was we were talking about, stop talking about "tanking in frenzy with wisdom light gear" which is just an impossible nonsense.
    Go check the mitigation / protection of a DT in frenzy with scarlet circle set and try to convince me that it can really TANK anything.
    And please, let's talk about TANK something, no more Malice examples where there is nothing to tank.

I'm not saying that DT damage is not too high for a tank class.
    It is as well as it is Carnage Conq DPS for a tank or ToS DPS for an healer.
    No class is identical to others.
    Necro for example is a much more versatile damage dealer than demo, and BS should cry on forums 24/7 then cause it heals as a ToS while providing much much less DPS??
    Who cares?
    I don't want 12 identical flat classes, and PvE even is cooperative, not competitive by definition.
    And Guard is a more efficient and versatile tank then DT, even if yes, it's true that a DT is generally more useful in 6 men cause of the extra damage it adds to the group.

I'm saying that yes, deveopers could rework many things, but at the current status of this game, with a small not full time team there are much more required changes and improvements needed.

And again my point is that DT is not simply "the best tank and dps class at same time".
    Last edited by Calore; 23rd June 2013 at 12:06.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Woah, so this blew up overnight. :P

So really I only wondered about this originally because almost none of the DT-specific gear has any boosts to Magic Damage and/or Wisdom.
    It has just always felt odd that a class that's dps is SO reliant on those stats has gear that just utterly lacks them.

An alternative suggestion to my OP is to just redo the gear so that it makes sense for the class wearing it (ie: DT Heavy/Plate would have Str+Wis+MgDmg+etc). I just felt that was even less of a viable idea than the original one. :P

Calore you missed the part where I said that kabaene is in full scarlet circle light gear, didn't you? He is also using a talisman.
    Guards and conqs don't tank in barb gear, you know.

Calm down, read what me and the others posted and see the light.
    Last edited by kalston; 23rd June 2013 at 12:30.

I have seen dts solo tanking gyas more then once topping dps and healing while tanking. Only small t4 parts were used. With full t4 dts are able to solo tank gyas easily and some other bosses in t3. Solotanking the pom boss from brothers is possible as a dt even with plain t3 gear, without kiting of course.

Dt is op in pve like conq is op in pve for dps. Actually you can go to all raids without dps classes atm except encounters where you do need the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    Woah, so this blew up overnight. :P

So really I only wondered about this originally because almost none of the DT-specific gear has any boosts to Magic Damage and/or Wisdom.
    It has just always felt odd that a class that's dps is SO reliant on those stats has gear that just utterly lacks them.

An alternative suggestion to my OP is to just redo the gear so that it makes sense for the class wearing it (ie: DT Heavy/Plate would have Str+Wis+MgDmg+etc). I just felt that was even less of a viable idea than the original one. :P
    DT is OP as it is, give it a "real" dt set and its completly over

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast