Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dual wield ranger!

^ I don't think you can do better than this. There are no more melee feats. Going General is not an option...

Stamina is not a problem - I don't remember drinking a lot of pots since sprint revamp. You can spam DS without any problems. On the other hand aggro will be even a smaller issue

The worst thing to do is to play melee ranger as a first melee toon and get a wrong impression of AoC's melee.

It's painfully boring playstyle for people who know what they're doing and just want teh lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    On the other hand aggro will be even a smaller issue
    true, but.... there's nothing else to take...

The worst thing to do is to play melee ranger as a first melee toon and get a wrong impression of AoC's melee.

It's painfully boring playstyle for people who know what they're doing and just want teh lulz.
    yea... may be funny to join a t1 raid with a full t4 ranger with hidden equipment and crap vanity gear and make fun of some noobs, but nothing more than that....
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Can someone exp of rager post 1 build full melee? I want try for funny as third spec.

Quote Originally Posted by zulina View Post
    Can someone exp of rager post 1 build full melee? I want try for funny as third spec.
    Yawg already linked the build - first post on this page.

Well, when already standing next to boss in pve encounter use 1h to land upper/lower attacks before switching to deadly draw. Faster than shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompripossa View Post
    Well, when already standing next to boss in pve encounter use 1h to land upper/lower attacks before switching to deadly draw. Faster than shooting.
    Wow, this class is even more retarded...

hey - imo dual wield is must in certain situations as beigned ranger - first 2 additionall ccs - 8 sec root and kb/snare plus quite decent meele combo - i mean deft stabs 3 ofc

so you never were hit by ds 3 for 800ish per hit? huh i was many Times, its really lethal combo - also i saw many rangers in game just playing s&s in pvp non stop but ofc best is to rotate and use as well bow/xbow plus ofc tigers 1h or t4 rangers 1h is must for extra combat rating on those combos from dex

its always question of build but in past 1h combos were more usefull to proc marked target or simillar abilitites since they proced from all hits of combo now its just on proc per whole combo but still faster and when you are exp meele fighter you can get rid of disadvantage of running around other meeles you are fighting with ofc ranger got no second los check so its anyway ez to hit with ranged combos but as i said 1h combos are lethatl plus cripple 3 is just gozu

yes im using all the time 1h&s combos on my ranger

With good gear it will be way above 1000dps - in SoJ blues and T2 pick-axe I had ~900 on strawman.
    I made some tests a few months ago, with a hybrid build (Lethality in general), Tiger gear, Tiger sword and Hyrkanian dagger, and it went like ~1 200 on a strawman. That's decent for easy instances/raids, but definitely boring as you mainly cycle DS3 over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    you can try something like this as "melee dps spec"...
    This is a little cleaner and has more utility.

http://goo.gl/YqXTye

I find Immolation still works pretty well in PvP and PvE. Worth having. Given the Tiger sword, the boost to Dex from Survivalist gives you more damage output than Rending Strikes.

And I've dropped the pointless aggro feats from Sharpshooter.
    shoryuken

Quote Originally Posted by Aell View Post
    This is a little cleaner and has more utility.

http://goo.gl/YqXTye

I find Immolation still works pretty well in PvP and PvE. Worth having. Given the Tiger sword, the boost to Dex from Survivalist gives you more damage output than Rending Strikes.
    i have to say that i have never tried anything like that, it was just something to try for fun, nothing serious...
    but indeed your build looks better!!

just... if you want to try to go melee, get the t4 ranger sword!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aell View Post
    And I've dropped the pointless aggro feats from Sharpshooter.
    yea, they were just fillers...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast