Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solo play

I hav tried those spells hence "Lack of instant abilities" comment
    Hit DoT combo and Run is the best Tactic i hav found

in iis room, you should be able to kill at least 5 statues before they reach the center (4 if you are slacking), and the remaining ones should go down in a matter of seconds...

basically, a bs should never need to run, unless you did a very wrong pull...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Running away as a BS, one of the toughest solo toons?

After I leveled a BS (it was my second 80), I had hard time leveling a guardian - I was used to pulling larger packs of higher-level-than-me mobs

Some first levels can be tougher before we get all our toys, but later on we're immortal vs normal mobs. Conqueror is maybe a bit more spectacular, but also gameplay is a little less complex (this can be good or bad for you).

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    When Fighting multiple mobs
    Use DoT Combo
    Run
    Heal to full HP
    Repeat

Tactic i use in Isle Statue Room

The only flaw BS has lack of instant abilities
    dam m8, you need to rethink your tactics in that fight, ive been there with my squishy hox using blue gear and manage to kill them with no kitting (after a few wipes )
    anyway, like yawg said, 5 statues can be killed before then reach the center...
    here's a some tips:
    - before starting the fight, take a close look at the statues to spot the 4 ones that have bows/crossbows, and kill them first because they will KB you a lot after they reach the center
    - when you move from a dead statue and go kill the next one with bow/crossbow, if you have to pass by one statue that is melee, just CC that one without using the gem, then kill the ranged statue...CC the other gives you time before it reaches the center
    - near the gate that opens when you defeat the statues is a fallen debrie that makes the statue behind it move around it, so it will make that statue reach the center on last before the others do, so you can leave that one to kill last
    - when a number of statues reach the center or near reaching it, and are close togheter, ignore the one you are fighting and use an AOE stun on them, then return to the other one
    - if a statue has 10% of health leave it be and place some dots, then move to another, chances are that statue will die of dots (depending on class and feats) or when it reaches the centar it gets one-shotted
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Doomkiller #1 troll
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    - before starting the fight, take a close look at the statues to spot the 4 ones that have bows/crossbows, and kill them first because they will KB you a lot after they reach the center
    Just kill 2 statues of your arch type first (they will cc you) and after that kill whatever you like, its fairly easy to kill 5 before they reach altar and after that as bs just finish them off

"if your criteria is the ability to kill mobs while taking a beating, even though BS is awesome, it does not beat conqs and dts.

They're both the most OP classes in game when it comes to self sufficiency, followed closely by bubble boy n°2 (n°1 being conq), the PoM."

THIS

Soldiers kill Soldierbane
    Mages kill Magebane
    Priests kill Priestbane
    Rogues kill Roguebane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12