Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solo play

Default Solo play

I'm returning to the game after a loooooong absence. Is Bear Shaman the best for solo play?

I know, that largely depends on play style preferences, etc., but thoughts?

(It may be DT, but I wanted to see what Bear Shamen think about their solo survivability...)
    Last edited by ichthyomancer; 20th June 2013 at 15:24.

Depends what you mean by best.

BS is a beast, it hits like a truck, it got all the tools at hand to steamroll anything crossing your path during your solo gaming journey.
    It got massive damage output, bubbles, self heals, excellent CCs, debuffs, and buffs, high versatility in builds.
    What else.

Ah yes, BS is also awesome and good looking.

Survivability while actually killing mobs is what I am referring to.

My highest toons when I quit after launch were only in their 50s (actually a BS and a Necro), and since I don't remember how to play them I figured I'd start over with something else to fart around.

Since returning I've been playing a couple of glass cannonish characters (HoX, Assassin) that (because I try stupid things solo) die quite frequently, which isn't a ton of fun.

They do alright and have a lot of tools to help handle most situations. Their issue is that they aren't so great at multiple targets. My DT it's actually easier to fight 12+ enemies than just 1.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

If your criteria is the ability to kill mobs while taking a beating, even though BS is awesome, it does not beat conqs and dts.

They're both the most OP classes in game when it comes to self sufficiency, followed closely by bubble boy n°2 (n°1 being conq), the PoM.

When Fighting multiple mobs
    Use DoT Combo
    Run
    Heal to full HP
    Repeat

Tactic i use in Isle Statue Room

The only flaw BS has lack of instant abilities

What do you mean lack of instant abilities?

Sure, Lycantrophical Bite, Rune of Resillience and Stone Hide (currently in spell-form) should be abilities so we could use them during animations but they are instant spells. I don't think it's lackluster at all, these spells still work very well. Then we have Empowered Renewal as our only real instant ability too.

How about... When you use DoT combo instead of run press Lycantrophical Bite + Stonehide, unleash the real beast and keep on pounding. Run away with a shammie? Sorry to say but lol.

Edit: The only spell we have currently with too long cast time is in my opinion Rune of Grounding (should be half a second like the tos resist)
    Last edited by Lurvi; 20th June 2013 at 23:50.

I dont hav a T4 weapon to unleash the beast

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    I dont hav a T4 weapon to unleash the beast
    Lol you really have no clue if you need t4 weapon in statue room. It can be done easy with blue gear

Indeed, get the acheronian evening star, just a blue weapon, my bs still hits like a train with it.
    Plus, it looks sexy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast