Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Triumphant Life of Set? How good is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    just cast it whenever u have at least 3 stacks of growing storm and you'll be fine.
    I just tested, out of mana quickly if you just stand and spam

Quote Originally Posted by Malleable60 View Post
    Whats the cooldown on Elemental Fury?
    My thought was that I could spam Life of Set with the reduction in cooldowns from the General tree. If Elemental Fury has a decent cooldown I might not want to go down that far in the Lightning tree.
    AND with Empowered Life of Set, my Storm Field would always be procing the extra damage if I am spamming Life of Set.

Mal
    It's with AA's (not sure if i've maxed it out but I believe i have) but I cast elemental fury every 4 seconds if I need to. It's basically an insert now. It's a quick cast also so fitting it in where ever or whenever you want is really easy. Over the years, after trying out different builds, I've always found myself migrating back to the old 1 shot spec with little changes here and there. The one thing that's always been constant is having EM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    I just tested, out of mana quickly if you just stand and spam
    please copy your combat log here mate, it's impossible to be out of mana when the spell costs 0 mana

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    please copy your combat log here mate, it's impossible to be out of mana when the spell costs 0 mana
    You are not reading the question. He wants to SPAM it. You cannot spam it. Just try it mate, and you will learn.

Mobs get a 3,5 second debuff that will block you (not other toses) from damaging them with another Triumphant Life of Set.

The only real benefit from instant recast is the Storm Charge (Empowered Life of Set feat), and it's very useful in combination with some petnecros or in raids with many melees.

Some point Ether Discharge is all you need to keep mana up when you affect enough targets, so it is instantly spamable for a long time (growing storm helps too)

For normal play I wouldn't recommend such a build. Spamming TLoS with 3 seconds cooldown inbetween spells regularly is sufficient.

TLoS is mandatory for SF tos. With debuffs on mobs can crit for over 700 depending on your gear too.

Any decent tos knows to use Life of Set very, very often. It's like Charged Blast. Something you fire away nearly every time it's off cooldown.

If you don't do this, you'll stand around many times without any spells to cast which is a major loss in dmg.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 21st June 2013 at 13:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    TLoS is mandatory for SF tos. With debuffs on mobs can crit for over 700 depending on your gear too.

Any decent tos knows to use Life of Set very, very often. It's like Charged Blast. Something you fire away nearly every time it's off cooldown.

If you don't do this, you'll stand around many times without any spells to cast which is a major loss in dmg.
    This. I'm sorry about my earlier post. It was Charged Blast I was referring to when I was talking about the cool down being seconds, not EF. Typing fast at work and mixed up the two. Elemental Fury IS always in my builds though as part of an aoe 'nuke'.

Ahhh.
    I was unaware of a debuff preventing you from using TLoS on a mob.
    So he is basically immune to damage from it for a few seconds after getting hit with it once?

And what is the cooldown of TLoS?
    In the general tree Guiding Spirit reduces the reuse time.

TLoS is bound to your cast of Life of Set, so whatever your LoS cooldown is.

Yes, the mobs will be immune to your TLoS, not other toses. Each individual tos will apply their own TLoS debuff. The debuff lasts exactly 3.5 seconds, which is the minimum time it'll take for you to cast a new Life of Set without Guiding Spirit. Meaning this debuff will only be a problem for you if you feat into general for reduced Life of Set cast-time. Basically the debuff is there to hinder us from making this kind of spam-spec, which would be over the top good.

An additional note I find rather interesting is how the All-Encompassing Spirit feat in general affects the range of Triumphant Life of Set. Two points will increase the range by about 1 meter (same thing goes for PoMs Putrification of Mitra)
    So there's a slight benefit there too.

Mallable60, you only need general tree on tos for certain PvP builds, or extremely rare cases where you'd want to synergize with meleepetnecros for crazy ammount of Storm Charge procs with the instant recast LoS.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 24th June 2013 at 18:38.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast