Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Triumphant Life of Set? How good is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    ...or extremely rare cases where you'd want to synergize with meleepetnecros for crazy ammount of Storm Charge procs with the instant recast LoS.
    Wait! Explain this crazy amount of Storm Charge procs. I dont know what you mean - but it sounds very interesting.

Mal

This was my previous explanation to you about Storm Charge:
    For toses, melee users and rangers you can only have 1x Storm Charge (the spell name for Empowered Life of Set) on you at the same time, and it will disappear upon activation. So it does not stack in the traditional sense, but in a way it stacks like I tried to explain with Resonance. If you use 2x Life of Sets with good interval so your allies have time to activate their Storm Charge buff before the next one come, you'll essentially have double the ammount of Storm Charge. This has some serious potential in a melee heavy raid (read: melee pet necros)
    A necro can have up 8 pets normally without penalty. These melee-pets can get and activate Storm Charges like any melee/ranger, only they are better at it! They only do whitehits, and they attack pretty darn fast. For normal players executing combos Storm Charge won't be activated until the end of the castbar of a combo, which can be quite some time, meaning normal players won't be able to utilize it fully. Necropets will.

Ofcourse, in the combatlog, the necro will be the one doing the damage, but as for who's pulling the strings... the tos!

If you want something absolutely BONKERS for multiboxing, I'd say 1x tos in spamspec, 3x necro with melee pets.

Storm Charge hits between 130-220 dependning on debuffs and mitigation of the mobs (in high tier more vs. magic weak mobs) Say it averages at 150 and some simple math:
    150x8x3 = 3600 damage. From a single Life of Set! which takes a tos half a second to cast while having Stormfield up.

Now we can't say 7200 dps, cause the pets don't attack 2 times per second unfortunately, but you'll go close. In AoC currently this is the most potent **** there is.

Simple rotation:
    ToS activate spells like Stormcrown, Stormfield, Idol of Set (put some debuffs first quickly too, Wrack and Ruin) -> SPAM LIFE OF SET ON NECRO PETS for the duration of Stormfield, reapply Stormfield, repeat.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 24th June 2013 at 19:12.

This was my previous explanation to you about Storm Charge:

A necro can have up 8 pets normally without penalty. These melee-pets can get and activate Storm Charges like any melee/ranger, only they are better at it! They only do whitehits, and they attack pretty darn fast. For normal players executing combos Storm Charge won't be activated until the end of the castbar of a combo, which can be quite some time, meaning normal players won't be able to utilize it fully. Necropets will.

Ofcourse, in the combatlog, the necro will be the one doing the damage, but as for who's pulling the strings... the tos!

If you want something absolutely BONKERS for multiboxing, I'd say 1x tos in spamspec, 3x necro with melee pets.

Storm Charge hits between 130-220 dependning on debuffs and mitigation of the mobs (in high tier more vs. magic weak mobs) Say it averages at 150 and some simple math:
    150x8x3 = 3600 damage. From a single Life of Set! which takes a tos half a second to cast while having Stormfield up.

Now we can't say 7200 dps, cause the pets don't attack 2 times per second unfortunately, but you'll go close. In AoC currently this is the most potent **** there is.

Simple rotation:
    ToS activate spells like Stormcrown, Stormfield, Idol of Set (put some debuffs first quickly too, Wrack and Ruin) -> SPAM LIFE OF SET ON NECRO PETS for the duration of Stormfield, reapply Stormfield, repeat.
    yep. I know what I am doing tonight.

just for the record, storm charge is a proc from Empowered life of set, not Tlos.

I believe he already understood that, or so I hope.

Thanks though Barre, not to cause any confusion.

but to conclude this TloS issue, if you are going for a storm field build (i see no reason for other builds anyhow except maybe entity) TloS is in any case a part of the feat chain for nebthu and brutal storm so there's no way around it anyway.
    you're a healer, you must use blue heal, TloS just adds DPS to this blue heal, use it when u have 3-4 stacks of growing storm for no mana cost (remember that when storm field is on it gives u a stack of growing storm for each target it hits so when you are fighting more than one mob you should get 3-4 stacks pretty fast) usually the cooldown on the blue heal ends before you get those 3-4 stacks so u are able to use it properly. and try to time your spells with the blue heal so you always have something to cast, if u get into a situation where everything is on cooldown and you cant cast anything for more than like half a second it means your rotation is wrong (remember that after the revamp you can use sparks with storm field on)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123