Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: some concerns from a veteran player

Yup I would have to agree with all of this.
    And it has a little bit for everyone

Not saying these are top priorities but they should at least be on the to do list.
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Well written all true facts which i think all veteran players can sign. I just hope Joel will read this and understand what need to be done.

The inventory space is especially brutal for my tank character who has three sets of gear, dps, tank and protection, even before any vanity items.

I have no actual insight into how many people would buy more vanity items if they had the space but it's true in my case at the least.

1. Vanity items and inventory - the system from TSW is perfect (I can't think of anything better). In AoC we should be able to r-click items in our inventory and select "Add as vanity..." - the item would disappear, but we would be able to wear is as a vanity anytime we want using a drop down menu on the paperdoll.

2. Achievements - again, TSW does it great. You have exploration, beating HMs and challenges, tons of lore, mob grinding, rare boss hunting, deck completion and some wacky stuff like taco challenge or sprinting. A lot of clothes and titles to unlock. Something for (almost) everyone.

Signed!

I whole-heartedly agree!
    Good post!

/signed

More space in inventory or/and the possibility to tag gear items as vanity so that they don't occupy slots in inventory would improve greatly the interest in doing instances after getting all the best pvp and pve gear.

I think low lvl instances would get more population and more players would buy vanity gear from item store.
    Nowadays i don't have space in inventory to store more potions or gear.
    And its annoying when i have to send emails and I don't have free slots.

/signed

Can't comment on the raid part, but everything else sounds good.

Inventory is a BIG problem hurting both customers and company (no sales for items in the shop, no playing to "collect" stuff, no trading etc.).
    The option to buy items with unlimited claim or option to store them instead of deleting, give more bank space for free, more quest item and resource item space might sound too much like common sense, but why not jump over the shadow?

The PvP ideas sound good to me...i never understood why they have not changed Bori into pure pyre and gave only pve rewards for digging...
    Just would like to add, that for open pvp SOME system (ideally self-regulation and situationbound) for bringing consequences to actions is needed for the survival of that game type. This can easily combined with noites ideas for quests and guild diplomacy or wars.

Expansion of AAs should not be as linear as it is now. THe basic idea that you have a fixed number of slots you can fill with things is nice though, but too many passively activated perks exist (basically just a substitution for level cap increase at the cost of difficulty and class balance). Maybe just give another tab with passive progression, where players have to choose which ones they want? For example that new tab could contain a lot of passive power increases (prot, dps, existing combo/spell buffs), that need to be unlocked with AA points, but only 5 basic, 3 archetype and 1 class perk can be choosen to work. So a tank could choose protection increases, hate increase and armor increase...but not protection, armor, hate, hit rating, crit rating, dps, combo buffs, cooldown reduction, speed increase, health increase all at once.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 20th June 2013 at 12:55.

/Signed

I agree with everything Noite said 100%, awesome ideas.

We definitely need more inventory for cool stuff or even better Secret World's vanity system. That might cause some *******s to roll need on every damn item but that's a tiny concern. +1

Item shop is infinitely terrible. Something must be done. +1

Achievements are nice. Even collectable random drops and hidden items with vanity rewards for full sets would be great. +1

PVP arena in Khemi being tied to guild renown was like the dumbest thing ever until they gave the key to Saddur (wtf did you do that for FC?). So I guess +1

While AA being weaker from start would've been great, nerfing it now would just turn the nozzles on permanently around here. Therefore +5

/signed Some of your concerns have been mentioned already somewhere else, for example.

Cheers Euklid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12