Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some concerns from a veteran player

Default some concerns from a veteran player

hello fellow players and funcom people.

making this thread to express some concerns from a veteran player who would like to have some motivation to keep playing his main character.

1. inventory space
    http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1446/8gk6.jpg

as a colector of vanity gear i am very unsatisfied with current available space to amplify my colection, over the time i was always forced to delete gear i wanted for vanity just to acomodate potions in my inventory, and nowadays often i need to delete gear just to mail myself(to alts) resources and random items.

please consider implementing inventory space working as in tsw, especialy how vanity items are stored given they dont realy ocupy inventory space.

maybe implement same storage/inventory mechanics as in tsw and allow players to tag normal gear as vanity so we can buy from you guys more vanity gear.

along side this please sell us old dungeons gear like skyshear & bloodseraph, or make it available as vanity gear drop from upcoming old dungeon revamps.
    also some t1-t2-t3 pvp gear would be great to have available as vanity gear.
    and please make these available as vanity <3
    https://imageshack.com/a/img689/2338/l54e.jpg
    https://imageshack.com/a/img837/108/c4qo.jpg

i placed this is main concern because space or lack of it is realy a horrible issue for most veteran players.
    this could be fixed alternatively with player housing supporting among other things unique and diferent then trader inventory, chests for more inventory slots.

2. exploring, achievements
    https://imageshack.com/a/img31/3345/...picture089.png
    myself like many others who play and played game often just go around exploring it and try to reach the most hidden corners of this awesome hyboria.

its time you start giving us hidden explorer achievemnts and maybe titles tags or special icons similar to how you have murderers&raid bosses tagged on the sides of their name.

i guess all veterans who explored the hidden tortage and the hidden corners of thunder river and khemi/tarantia roftops want this.

its been a long standing request to have introduced an achievent system ingame wich is an awesome time sink for players and very motivating for players who focus on their main character.

3. pvp content

duel arenas-i personaly passed countless hours doing duels with my friends and enemies, its very rich content and should be easy to implement given some arenas already exist.
    just add a simple token+prowess+pvp xp rewards from participating in them and include them in pvp match sign up window.

some possibilities here for 2vs2 and even 3vs3 arena content with the existent guild renown arenas, the khemi one for 1vs1, the underground arena inside guild city keep for 2vs2, and armsmen tavern arena wich could be best place with players fighting bellow in arena and allowing other players to watch from above.
    and also the hiden arena from field of dead totems could be a possibility.

please implement this as priority content with people being able to sign up as team wich dont get separated

like i mentioned in other posts its very missed in aoc thievery consider adding open world pvp objectives to sneak into enemy guild cities to steal resources and richs from them, like i sugested this would work nicely to adding simple houses in guild cities with simple locks like this already existing in tortage.
    https://imageshack.com/i/05wampyricapicture002j
    https://imageshack.com/i/5bwampyricapicture003j

this would require items to open these locks or maybe would be more interesting something like this:
    a new pvp faction working/operating in revamped resource areas from vilages offering to teach lock picking and improved stealth via quests involving murdering people from guilds with highest renown.
    similar to how you have quests to learn atlantean you could have quests to allow you to open locks with maybe your pvp crit rating determining success in unlocking a door, or special bonus items dropping from players in pvp.
    call it thieves guild or hyborian bandits guild and its win <3.

guild vs guild content, allow officers/guild leaders to issue pvp ofensive quests against other guilds.
    link possibility to issue these quests to renown so only active guilds have access to it.
    flaging of aliance guilds.
    also allow players to buy/craft traps to spead in the terrain like the ones existing in deadmans hand.
    https://imageshack.com/a/img839/6184/htay.jpg
    for protecting guild cities from thieves.

revamp sieges to be 24 vs 24 minigame, its proven that up to 32 players on each side sieges arent infernal lag fests, and finaly add this way pvp rewards for doing a siege.

expand pyre/body parts mechanics to all open pvp areas.

remove bori once and for all or adjust it so sacrifeces are body parts instead of tradeskill resources!!!

add at least to border kingdoms towers to be conquered and held for guild to have increased pvp stats in small measures like owning a battlekeep currently grants
    https://imageshack.com/a/img571/1363/wy1e.jpg
    like these small wall towers in tortage with balistas.
    spread a few across map and allow a player on top to use balista like siege balistas work, later maybe add aa's to improve performance of using them.
    add ladders to be item to be used to be able to clim walls of guild cities to invade them and plunder and to climb up towers to kill balista user.

4. new raid & revamping erlic+lurker

please make new raid begining of t5, doesnt need to be like t3 or t4 where bosses are all in same place, could work as first installment of t5 working like t1 where you have 3 separate raid instances.
    also please make erlic and lurker worthy content for players, right now its chalenging to convince players to visit it given loot is so crappy.

rethink the stats on the loot to offer an alternative to t4 with diferent stats like for example mage/healer gear have protection.
    Or add missing accessories wich dont exist ingame like heal rating+strenght rings/neclase/cloak, magic damage+strenght ring, strenght+hate increase, magic+crit+hate decrease so on, so on...

aa's preogression and expansion
    most veteran players have reached full completion of their aa's or are very near finishing them.
    i personaly know a few people who have over a 1000 acumulated aa's with full aa tree, myself i have 300mastery 60 expertise and 45 prowess points post full tree

main concern here is making the prowess gain be trippled so passing time doing pvp is comparable to passing time doing pve wich currently isnt so very unfairly a player who dedicates exclusively to pvp has a hard time gaining aa's.

another concern is tweaking aa's because for most classes there are many archtipe and class perks wich are useless or redundand.
    also here the general aa's need some tweaking, for example empowered momentum wich is laughable along side immesurable empowerment.

i think its time to expand aa's to offer more alternatives to each class and archtype, and maybe adding siege and world pvp related aa's.

cheers and thx for reading.
    Last edited by noite80; 18th June 2013 at 15:04.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Whoa! I have less space available than you AND I have the Coffer of Nutty or whatever that huge-biggest inventory bag you can buy from the item shop is called, plus I have purchased all the extra bank inventory space I can.

I think I have 12 empty spaces available that fill up with misc stuff you pick up along the way and then I have to purge those 12ish spaces. (Let gold potions stack to 100 like other potions will help me save 1/2 dozen spaces)

But yes, Available inventory space is pretty bad in Age of Conan. We need more Bank Inventory space AND Resource Inventory space. (Better yet, just give us Player Housing for our storage needs)

The reasons why are obvious. No need to explain why the game needs more inventory space available to players.

signed

btw you still got a lot of free inventory space, actually

/signed -> inventory space

Sincerly,
    A person with severe packrat disorder.

Seriously need more inventory space. I have 2 open slots, and I have the top bag and the bank maxed. So much pretty gear and junk, must have it all.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Just port the code from Anarchy Online and give us the yummy backpacks

Quote Originally Posted by balkhan View Post
    So....what exactly is the top bag?
    Coffer of Nullity. 122 slot.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    some possibilities here for 2vs2 and even 3vs3 arena content with the existent guild renown arenas, the khemi one for 1vs1, the underground arena inside guild city keep for 2vs2, and armsmen tavern arena wich could be best place with players fighting bellow in arena and allowing other players to watch from above.
    and also the hiden arena from field of dead totems could be a possibility.
    2v2 would be sick
    Last edited by sgtMassDozer; 19th June 2013 at 06:52.

Great article it is dead on! I would be happy with 1 t5 boss and maybe move lurker into it's own instance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast