Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crashes and more crashes

Last crash for me was late april (right before the release of 320.00). Been dead stable since then. Running on a GTX660Ti.
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post
    You people are so quick to say the drivers fixed the problem. It has been what couple of weeks since the driver came out? I haven't had a single crash either with the new driver (had them since they launched) but as i have played mostly only 3 nights of raids per week i don't think i am calling it fixed yet. You guys do know that if the drivers in fact have fixed the problem it's a lucky thing and not a real fix and updating your driver next time can give you back the crashing. If nvidia would have worked with funcom on this thing and they would have figured out a fix to the problem don't you think funcom would have announced how awesome they are and the crashing that has been going on for over a year is finaly fixed? So as said if the drivers have fixed this it might just be this one driver and after couple of updates we get the crashing back. .....SO again i would think it's the safest bet to go with ati if this game is in fact the one you play the most.
    Thing is you don't know anything either. I told that you the crashes could simply be due to a little bug in the drivers and not even be FC's fault at all. It has happened before with many games. And maybe it's random luck maybe it's not - some people have reported the issue to nvidia directly and just because it's not mentioned in the changelog doesn't mean that they didn't do anything. In fact, nvidia changelogs have always been totally incomplete and they never tell us ALL the changes they make with every driver.

I've been playing constantly since the 320.xx driver release and by that I mean something like 80h a week (nothing to be proud of, I know, but I just want you to understand that it is definitely fixed for me) many of them questing in Khitai and even sometimes doing KK runs. I had never done KK without crashes before those drivers for as long as I've had my GTX 670.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12