Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crashes and more crashes

Default Crashes and more crashes

The last few days everytime i log into the game after 5 min of playing the game crashes my PC, ending up to a black screen forcing me to manually restart it. I get no messages and i have no crashes with any other activities besides AOC.

My PC has an I5, 6gbRAM, GeForce320. Since i m clueless about computers I tried to uninstall and reinstall all graphics and sound drivers but nothing worked so far.

Plx provide some help

DX9 or DX10 mode?

What resolution you are using?

On this site, it tells you can barely run AoC with that weak graphic card

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index...s-geforce-320m

Also uninstall Win 7 x64 platform update (KB2670838)if you have it
    Last edited by darknessjw; 16th June 2013 at 18:40.

First of all thank you for taking the time to respond

So far i have tried both DX9 and DX10 with similar bad results. I also tried windowed mode and fullscreen mode (1900x1600)which resulted in the same crashing. Next step for me is to buy a new graphics card in the next few days. I m open to suggestions about it. Btw I forgot to write that i m using windows7 64bit.
    Last edited by Lycan77; 17th June 2013 at 08:07.

You should definitely get new graphic card

Maybe get gtx 670 or gtx 660 ti

That resolution is way too high for your GPU. You can try lowest resolution and see if it works that way

And what i5 you have? Ivy?

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Maybe get gtx 670 or gtx 660 ti
    You want the guy crashing more?

No just get some ati card if age of conan is the game you want to play. As dark here should very well know 600-series from nvidia has crashing problem that's been in the game since the series was launched more than a year ago. You should go for 7950 from ati for a mid price card that's also good on the performance side but 7800 series is for you if you don't care to spend so much. 7870 should be ok choise if you want to go cheap.

No i dont want him to crash more. I just forgot that AoC crashes because i dont play AoC anymore

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post
    I heard it does not crash anymore with newest drivers, you should update yours :-)
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Running DX10 with "wind in trees on" with GTX 660. Today its over 6 weeks without DXGI crash.
    Ive been to Poitain, conalls, Enigmata of Yag, Jhebbal Sag - all those that crashed most.

Running 320.18 (320.14b before)
    This also might have helped:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...7&postcount=91
    Last edited by S4Char1n; 18th June 2013 at 18:03.

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post

No just get some ati card if age of conan is the game you want to play. As dark here should very well know 600-series from nvidia has crashing problem that's been in the game since the series was launched more than a year ago. You should go for 7950 from ati for a mid price card that's also good on the performance side but 7800 series is for you if you don't care to spend so much. 7870 should be ok choise if you want to go cheap.
    New nvidia drivers (320.xx) have fixed Kepler crashes for me and many other people. Better go nvidia now that it works fine (IMO).
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

You people are so quick to say the drivers fixed the problem. It has been what couple of weeks since the driver came out? I haven't had a single crash either with the new driver (had them since they launched) but as i have played mostly only 3 nights of raids per week i don't think i am calling it fixed yet. You guys do know that if the drivers in fact have fixed the problem it's a lucky thing and not a real fix and updating your driver next time can give you back the crashing. If nvidia would have worked with funcom on this thing and they would have figured out a fix to the problem don't you think funcom would have announced how awesome they are and the crashing that has been going on for over a year is finaly fixed? So as said if the drivers have fixed this it might just be this one driver and after couple of updates we get the crashing back. .....SO again i would think it's the safest bet to go with ati if this game is in fact the one you play the most.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast