Thread: Few questions

Default Few questions

Hey!
    Been searching for info a bit but to no avail so I turn to you here.

First, how much hit rating do I need to safely apply fh/tw in heroics & t4 respectively?

Second, I'd like input on my rotation. In a mix of green daggers and gear with some blue crafteds I pulled 989.4 dps on yakhmar with;
    Gc-bomb-sds-lotusdart-ssx-face stab-ssix-ssx-face stab-sds-ssx and repeat. Is the rotation decent? Basically my prio is gc for debuff+bomb at every cd, same for sds & lotus dart (2 sds per dart cd) and then rest is ssx and face stab whenever it is off cd. Tossing in atrophy as well there.

Any pointers accepted kindly!
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

This is a very good rotation you're having atm , more or less im using the same . Impede life + Lethargy for the extra debuffing. Ignore atrophy in pve . Naked facestabs on cooldown is a nice trick to add some dps , as u alrdy mentioned

About HitRating , being above 10% should be okay for hardmodes .
    About T4 (not totally sure here , so correct me if i make a mistake) 17%-19% should be good hit rating
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Yeh impede & lethargy are in there when possible. I use atrophy mainly as a swift finisher against bosses at ~1-2% when I can't get anything else off.

Thanks for the info mate!

ONe more thing regarding AAs. The sin class AAs seem... I don't know - it's not exactly super awesome on paper. Is there a point to max other things first like pit fighter and passive hate decrease (& pressing/decisive) before I touch the gold perks?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevsky View Post
    ONe more thing regarding AAs. The sin class AAs seem... I don't know - it's not exactly super awesome on paper. Is there a point to max other things first like pit fighter and passive hate decrease (& pressing/decisive) before I touch the gold perks?
    Groups will expect from you to bring in the cover of the dusk golden perk.
    Retired

Hey!
    Been searching for info a bit but to no avail so I turn to you here.

First, how much hit rating do I need to safely apply fh/tw in heroics & t4 respectively?

Second, I'd like input on my rotation. In a mix of green daggers and gear with some blue crafteds I pulled 989.4 dps on yakhmar with;
    Gc-bomb-sds-lotusdart-ssx-face stab-ssix-ssx-face stab-sds-ssx and repeat. Is the rotation decent? Basically my prio is gc for debuff+bomb at every cd, same for sds & lotus dart (2 sds per dart cd) and then rest is ssx and face stab whenever it is off cd. Tossing in atrophy as well there.

Any pointers accepted kindly!
    Question, is your build favoring "lotus or corruption"? This makes a difference on which combo's to start off with. Also, use SS 9/8. SS10 takes to long to get off, it will increase your dps quite a bit.

Good luck.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Question, is your build favoring "lotus or corruption"? This makes a difference on which combo's to start off with. Also, use SS 9/8. SS10 takes to long to get off, it will increase your dps quite a bit.

Good luck.
    Not entirely true ,having all 3 mentioned ranks of SS on hotbar and alternate rotations depending on situation might give you more dps.

I am heavier lotus than corruption. I'm up at 5/5 baneful venom in lotus tree - it's a significant part of the dps according to parser. I use GC/bomb first to debuff for SDS/lotus dagger dots and subsequent SS.

Does ss8/9 really win out over 9/10?

I am heavier lotus than corruption. I'm up at 5/5 baneful venom in lotus tree - it's a significant part of the dps according to parser. I use GC/bomb first to debuff for SDS/lotus dagger dots and subsequent SS.

Does ss8/9 really win out over 9/10?
    You can start your rotation with SDS followed by GC and throw dart withing GC animation before finisher applies debuff as a starter but that works better with GC V.When using dart most of the times it's important to not consume dread venom too early and let it run for sustained dps.Consuming ti rigth away serves more for situations you want to burst as much as possible.

Also you can throw facestab in SDS combo steps or even before that.I use SSX,iX and VIII with my sin depending on other combos cds,miasma cds ,boss shields etc.In most situations ix and viii are generally better but not always.You should adjust as you get playtime/experience and gear on your sin.

Full DPS cycle will use SS X + IX + VIII to sync proper with the SDS and GC cooldowns. But it all really depends on how much you move around during the encounters.
    Besides, in the very few encounters where CoD ain't useable (Entity for instance), SotF will actually increase your DPS marginally.

Haven't PvE'd in about 6 months, but I think my combo rotation on static targets was something like (or maybe SSX and SSVIII should switch place, and the 1st facestab comes later, can't recall):

GC + Bomb -> SDS (+facestab before finished combo) -> SSX (+dart before SDS dot ticks out) -> SSIX -> SDS -> SSIX -> SSVIII (+facestab before SDS dot ticks out)

Though it's extremely situational, and if you wanna maximize your DPS you'll probably move around the mob and hit the non-shielded side, which will be easier using just SSIX and SSVIII.
    Last edited by Djain; 21st June 2013 at 15:47.
    Djain - Assassin - PvP 10
    Djian - Dark Templar
    Djayn - Bear Shaman
    ... and a bunch of other level 80s ...