Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shatter - cooldown, ignites other necros as well?

Default Shatter - cooldown, ignites other necros as well?

So I had some questions about Shatter.
    I heard the cooldown is too long, but how long is it?

Does it effect the spells of other necromancers?

How is it targeted?

Thanks,
    Mal

it requires you to have touch of winter feated wich is an extra snare to gelid bones wich is a crap spell not worth using.
    wich also means unless your targets can be snared you wont be able to use it.
    also detonates ice shackle hinder movement so same issue.
    works fine in pve by leting deathly blizzard tick once on the target it places an damage deacrease wich shatter can detonate.

so shatter can detonate 2 snares and 1 reduce damage buff.

damage you would achieve by having placed ftw on primary target and it speading + spamming icestrikes + blasphemous ruin wich is easier faster and more eficient and allows you higher dps

if you have it feated gratz you wasted at least 12 points on an ability wich is redundant given you can achieve more dps by feating infestion+frozen body ice shards+corrupted body wich are pretty much feats you need/want in any aoe dps spec or pvp spec for that matter.

if your lvling up it realy doesnt matter what you spec use your cc's especialy the 2 fears keep at least 1 pet up for death's terror at higher lvl unimaginable terror will be you main fear and death's terror pretty much obsolete.

place ftw+motd+pb spam icestrike and blasphemous ruin and stuff dies

after lvl50 start using sw and learn it its needed at endgame.

with double xp pots should take you 3 days to lvl to 80, if your extremely casul or hardcore explorer maybe 2 weeks to go around doing most quests.

take an advise stop this caster cluster multitasking adventure focus one class and one class alone and learn to play it doesnt realy matter wich one find one you like and actualy learn to play it.

edited for tip:
    if your subscribed download testlive, any character you creat there imidiatly after you leavetortage you talk to fate an npc that can give you all the gear up to tier 3.5 infinite amount gold most fair share of aa's and get strait to lvl80.
    and you can test whatever class you want that way and every single spell/combo ability you want without having the hassle of lvling it up to 80
    Last edited by noite80; 13th June 2013 at 12:07.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

It is a ground targeted AOE.

It detonates other necros spells IIRC.

Don't remember the cooldown sorry
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    edited for tip:
    if your subscribed download testlive, any character you creat there imidiatly after you leavetortage you talk to fate an npc that can give you all the gear up to tier 3.5 infinite amount gold most fair share of aa's and get strait to lvl80.
    and you can test whatever class you want that way and every single spell/combo ability you want without having the hassle of lvling it up to 80
    Thanks. Very useful information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    It is a ground targeted AOE.

It detonates other necros spells IIRC.

Don't remember the cooldown sorry
    Hmmm. Thanks. Boy I dont like GTAE.

Mal

i wasnt acurate its immediatly as you enter tortage so right after you exit the beach+forest so lvl 4-5 i guess.
    you enter tortage and talk to fate and or raidmaster npc's
    go go make up your mind about your main!
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    make up your mind about your main!
    Thanks for the info. But why make up my mind about my main?
    I don't care about getting to 80th. I dont PvP. I dont raid.

Mal

Leveling to 80 is just a small part of an mmo. AoC like many others have most quests and instances @ lvl 80. You dont have to raid or even do groups. You can do exploring in Khitai alone if you want. You can even get pretty good epic gear there.

Shatter was very useful back in the day, together with Grip of Death. Now its hardly used by necroes. I think the cooldown is 5 mins. I like to use the Lich instead. It have the same cooldown, if I remember correctly. Or use the General, which is pretty cool.
    "Du kan ikke knekke en mann uten ryggrad!"

Quote Originally Posted by Silverram View Post
    Leveling to 80 is just a small part of an mmo. AoC like many others have most quests and instances @ lvl 80. You dont have to raid or even do groups. You can do exploring in Khitai alone if you want. You can even get pretty good epic gear there.

Shatter was very useful back in the day, together with Grip of Death. Now its hardly used by necroes. I think the cooldown is 5 mins. I like to use the Lich instead. It have the same cooldown, if I remember correctly. Or use the General, which is pretty cool.
    Thanks Silverram,
    Wow! Five minutes is just too damn long. Was hoping for more like a minute. And I four box. Have a group of four necros, and thought it might be cool to have them all drop their shatterable spells, then one guy blow them all up. And rotate. But if its more than a two minute cooldown its not even worth considering.

I think its about a 2 and half minute cooldown from memory.

and you dont need grip of death, you can use deathly blizzard, paint an area and then shatter up to 12 mobs at once.

So you could have a few necros painting an area with blizzard then shatter as shatter has a larger area then blizzard, you only need the blizzard debuff so you can just do blizzard to 1 tick, then cancel and do shatter straight after.

It will instant kill minions and i think even if its not killing it does quite a bit of damage for each blizzard debuff its breaking. You can also use touch of winter too as others have stated.

Don't use shatter, just don't....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast