Thread: AoC backup, reinstall, fixing some corrupted/glitchy games

Default AoC backup, reinstall, fixing some corrupted/glitchy games

To Backup (recommended after each patch from Funcom)
    - If you have a good install, make a copy of the RDB folder in "C:\Program Files\Age of Conan". However, do not copy the RDBHashIndex.bin file - important!

To reinstall
    - Uninstall old AoC.
    - Get AoC installer from AoC accounts page.
    -- Run AoC installer.
    --- One of the phases will download ~350 MB of data - make sure to let this complete.
    --- When it gets to a phase where it starts downloading ~20 GB of data, stop it/exit patcher. This is for the RDB folder.
    --- Copy the RDB folder to your new AoC install. Ensure that RDBHashIndex.bin is NOT there. Delete it if it is.
    --- In the AoC directory, delete FileHashes.
    --- Restart patcher. Voila! Should be good to go w/o having to download the RDB files.

One of my guild mates mentioned that you can backup the entire AoC folder, which will save you the ~350 MB download as well. However, I believe my partial backup approach is also useful for fixing corruption that can happen to various files in the top level AoC folder - the RDB files on the other hand don't tend to get corrupted.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

just copy Age of Conan to another drive and copy back when you want to use it.

Tested this. Seems to work fine.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.