Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LoL PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Zone control is a perfectly valid form of PvP manifestation man. Of course, it depends on how it is implemented.
    indeed all i see happening is the normal bad tank brings flag to res team gets farmed on pad tank keeps bubbling and picking flag up for 20mins that the realistic version of what happens when objectives are only chased

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightshadow- View Post
    That's what people are doing now! People don't have a problem chasing kills and ignoring objectives. A lot of people I mini with seem to think that every map is Team Deathmatch. But that's not what wins minigames.
    Actually it is what wins minis controlling the other team and then capping at leisure once you have beaten the other team to submission game over.
    other wise its just one team getting farmed cause of one idiot holding the flag on the res on a clearly losing team.

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    Actually it is what wins minis controlling the other team and then capping at leisure once you have beaten the other team to submission game over.
    other wise its just one team getting farmed cause of one idiot holding the flag on the res on a clearly losing team.
    I don't know about you but I've won many minis by ninja capping flags or capturing zones and soloing the enemies totem under their noses. It is very possible to beat a team that can beat yours into submission with kills. The smarter team is the one that wins. Open world should be the place to farm kills.

Someone suggested last night that they should remove the level restriction on pvp armor, obviously it was not meant' slant at pvp10's whom earned their gear already; the 90 badges per piece of gear is still one hell of a grind, the pvp levels ruins the game plain and simple. they should have never segregated the pve and pvp community by creating two seperate teirs to grind. This game is about going into battle when you feel comfortable with your characters skillset and feeling a sense of openworld real world sword and magic combat but creating stats limited only to pvp condradicts by "oh wait i can't use my full plate breast plate to protect me because it's ineffeceint in pve", along with vanity. If FC doesn't fix the realism in this game it will only become more and more farfetched; I.E., naked players killin fully armored opponets, wearing pvp armor but dying verse pve mobs, a warrior or mage throwing combos and smothering someone in flames and yet no damage is done because of a stat difference. One of the concepts i often ponder is what if levels were all together removed from the game and the only grind would be AA and along with that creating a level playing field where all players and monsters are set at a universal level because We play for the gear anyways; IDK i just see grinding as a waste of time: If players like to kill troglites in Eiglophian Mountains they should be able to without thoughs mobs being grey to a level 80 or red to a level 30 and if the gear was adjusted to relatively all the same/fair/similar stats The search for gear would shift from only aquiring key good pieces to a quest of finding the piece that you enjoy wearing (Why should you have to wear armor you don't appreciate the look of it, So many people wear ugly armor but only because its stats are better) and too tell you the truth i think people would still do raids just to obtain that armor/weapon that will make you stand out. Having a universal level and having the only "grind" in the game being AA would stimulate action on servers and with every piece of armor/weapon in the game being similar/fair stats people on tortage would be able to start in the game about 300hrs early considering all the leveling and gearing up you need to do to actually "play" this game. people who put the extra time in to farm the pieces of gear they want and with all mobs in the game at a universal level there would be no waste of a zone, if you like killing picts you can and its still beneficial, but no worries because you can go to ANY ZONE you wish based off of your taste for opponets/difficulty(stratwise), Not only would this benefit player but the increased realism of any mobs potentially being able to kill you would greatly intensify the role playing aspect of this game which most if not all AOC players strive to obtain. After all is it really all that fun not being scared of a of a grey mob 10x your size hitting you for zeros...

Page break is ur friend..

Holy wall of text batman!

some good ideas in there
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtMassDozer View Post
    Someone suggested last night that they should remove the level restriction on pvp armor, obviously it was not meant' slant at pvp10's whom earned their gear already; the 90 badges per piece of gear is still one hell of a grind,
    True, it is, but I like that. its something to work towards. People say that the gear gives too much of an advantage. While it does give an advantage, lets look at history. BKs used to give great rewards, people complained that BK gave too much advantage, and funcom changed it to making them literaly useless. Now sieges are rarely happening, where before they were coveted. It indirectly killed one aspect. I know, sieges suck, but they happened and a LOT when they mattered.

If you take pvp gear out of the equation, I am wondering if it will hurt pvp more. All too often I hear people are signing up to get their badges, and I welcome even the casual gamer to this. Taking this away will only hurt pvp IMO.

the pvp levels ruins the game plain and simple.
    Not for me and I love pvp. I like to progress, and wish we could go beyond 10. We need levels, every mmo and fps is based on levels. To take them away would dummy this game down way to far and offer no advancement. I would neve touch this game if everyone had the same level.

they should have never segregated the pve and pvp community by creating two seperate teirs to grind. This game is about going into battle when you feel comfortable with your characters skillset and feeling a sense of openworld real world sword and magic combat but creating stats limited only to pvp condradicts by "oh wait i can't use my full plate breast plate to protect me because it's ineffeceint in pve", along with vanity.
    Again, I disagree. Keep them separate. Make them useless when outside of what they are for. In other words, keep the separate armor, variety is what people wanted. Don't make it all the same. I hate that I only have one choice for pvp on a tos and all tos look the same in combat. But make pve gear useless in pvp and pvp gear useless in pve. They should not cross each other. This way you have to pve to get gear or pvp to get gear, but not just one way and get the best of both worlds. Makes this game more involved.

If FC doesn't fix the realism in this game it will only become more and more farfetched; I.E., naked players killin fully armored opponets, wearing pvp armor but dying verse pve mobs, a warrior or mage throwing combos and smothering someone in flames and yet no damage is done because of a stat difference.
    farfetched? Its a fantasy game mate! LOL, just kidding. But seriously, you can do pve and pvp in either set of armor. I do on a sin, tos, ranger and etc. Perhaps your experiences are different, but I rarely change outfits and do fine in all aspects up to t3 and beyond with pvp gear on. That includes hoc and etc.

One of the concepts i often ponder is what if levels were all together removed from the game and the only grind would be AA and along with that creating a level playing field where all players and monsters are set at a universal level because We play for the gear anyways;
    no advancement? boring and many would lose interest. I prefer levels, and wish we could move beyond 80 and 10.

IDK i just see grinding as a waste of time: If players like to kill troglites in Eiglophian Mountains they should be able to without thoughs mobs being grey to a level 80 or red to a level 30 and if the gear was adjusted to relatively all the same/fair/similar stats The search for gear would shift from only aquiring key good pieces to a quest of finding the piece that you enjoy wearing (Why should you have to wear armor you don't appreciate the look of it, So many people wear ugly armor but only because its stats are better) and too tell you the truth i think people would still do raids just to obtain that armor/weapon that will make you stand out.
    I would not.

Having a universal level and having the only "grind" in the game being AA would stimulate action on servers and with every piece of armor/weapon in the game being similar/fair stats people on tortage would be able to start in the game about 300hrs early considering all the leveling and gearing up you need to do to actually "play" this game. people who put the extra time in to farm the pieces of gear they want and with all mobs in the game at a universal level there would be no waste of a zone, if you like killing picts you can and its still beneficial, but no worries because you can go to ANY ZONE you wish based off of your taste for opponets/difficulty(stratwise), Not only would this benefit player but the increased realism of any mobs potentially being able to kill you would greatly intensify the role playing aspect of this game which most if not all AOC players strive to obtain. After all is it really all that fun not being scared of a of a grey mob 10x your size hitting you for zeros...
    I think you are looking more for a casual game where you can play an hour a day and still be competitive, like in any fps today. But Conan is more of an experience, where you group with friends, and strangers. COmplete quests and goals, show off your new armor, and have others oogle over it wanting it, because, at the end of the day, we all want to be the most powerful, not just the best looking.

Just another pov, as I don't agree with removing levels, or making stats useless.

let's take the bait.

aoc in it's current state IS a glorified co-op game for casual players (raiders) and many butt-hurt jerks who also praise hacks and broken mechanics, open world is dead, content that doesnt require a guild tag to do with current population is nerfed into oblivion, once you know how to play your class token grinding is the only form of progression through the same several instances and raids without challenge for a seasoned player.

only a casual player could stick to this game for the years to come as it is now. hardcore players will quickly be bored to only have their token counter to watch as progression and gear determine everything in pve or pvp (rampant cheaters also never dealt with ).

or you like to farm lowbies in minigame with your unstopable pvp 10 t4 geared character that only sins might scratch a bit (not even true for conq hehe) to polish your awesome k/d ratio consisting probably of 75% damage leeches without actual killing blow, or you reroll and grind again the same tokens in the same instances you can count on your fingers without forgetting to mention they have been nerfed into oblivion so did the gameplay of most classes with your awesome guild, or you quit because you arent so casual and might as well play a WoW clone with content or a real co-op game such as guild wars, diablo 2 or path of exile

the only thing aoc has is it's unique low fantasy setting very nicely designed and a gameplay without GCD, in stories conan wasn't a viking and he didn't spend all his younger years raiding thot-amon with 24 people fortunatly D

disclaimer: i only wrote what people might want to read, no need to flame me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolo View Post
    let's take the bait.

aoc in it's current state IS a glorified co-op game for casual players (raiders) and many butt-hurt jerks who also praise hacks and broken mechanics, open world is dead, content that doesnt require a guild tag to do with current population is nerfed into oblivion, once you know how to play your class token grinding is the only form of progression through the same several instances and raids without challenge for a seasoned player.

only a casual player could stick to this game for the years to come as it is now. hardcore players will quickly be bored to only have their token counter to watch as progression and gear determine everything in pve or pvp (rampant cheaters also never dealt with ).

or you like to farm lowbies in minigame with your unstopable pvp 10 t4 geared character that only sins might scratch a bit (not even true for conq hehe) to polish your awesome k/d ratio consisting probably of 75% damage leeches without actual killing blow, or you reroll and grind again the same tokens in the same instances you can count on your fingers without forgetting to mention they have been nerfed into oblivion so did the gameplay of most classes with your awesome guild, or you quit because you arent so casual and might as well play a WoW clone with content or a real co-op game such as guild wars, diablo 2 or path of exile

the only thing aoc has is it's unique low fantasy setting very nicely designed and a gameplay without GCD, in stories conan wasn't a viking and he didn't spend all his younger years raiding thot-amon with 24 people fortunatly D

disclaimer: i only wrote what people might want to read, no need to flame me.
    I don't know, I have a pvp 2 ranger and a pvp 3 tos that tops kills in minis when there are pvp 10 melee on the other teams. I hate saying it, but there is a l2p aspect that is missing. it almost sounds like we want to dumb the game down so that we catch a passer by who tries it. But I think they will lose interest quickly when they see there is no goal. other than vanity gear?

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    I don't know, I have a pvp 2 ranger and a pvp 3 tos that tops kills in minis when there are pvp 10 melee on the other teams. I hate saying it, but there is a l2p aspect that is missing. it almost sounds like we want to dumb the game down so that we catch a passer by who tries it. But I think they will lose interest quickly when they see there is no goal. other than vanity gear?
    starting by making something a bit more conan than capturing the flag for tokens like a deathmatch arena rewarding cunning, skill and brutality, gear and weapons of choice without fairy advantage and *** skin, look at the t4 set for sin is this conan canon for real? (what, the latest cash shop mount?)

reward with famous achievement titles, stats and ranking, worldwide announcement, vanity and social stuff, bragging rights and gold!

but you need balls to be conan and a fierce amazon backbone to be her lady, however people are happy to make Age of Conan a broken mini WoW with nice graphics but unused open world and just a handful of instances and raids to grind 1 or 2 useful set per class without thrill or challenge a couple evening per week of their generic life. these people are, you name it, the token grinders and casual raiders funcom has been catering to. end of discussion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast