Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Necro Pets

for single? who cares, for groups/raids keep in mind that the +5% is groupwide so that definitly beats reapers

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    for single? who cares, for groups/raids keep in mind that the +5% is groupwide so that definitly beats reapers
    Wasn't aware that the buff is groupwide.

last time i tested mage pets was for entity fight quite a few months ago.
    found best combination of pets to be 2 arcanists+1 blood arcanist.

dont have data on it anymore but remember testing it with all available mage pets on multiple kills.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

why would u go blood arcanist? its a dps loss and the "heal" is not necessary

why would u go blood arcanist? its a dps loss and the "heal" is not necessary
    i realy didnt find a dps loss at all, i tried with 4 arcanists and did slighly better with 1 blood arcanist up instead of 4 arcanists.
    like i mentioned didnt save data but realy found that to be best mage pet combination.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    mana damage = damage to mana, but it´s essencial only on specific encounter(s) like the T3 raid boss Favored of Louhi, don´t bother with that when soloing

Melee pets attacks differ a bit, some are faster (mutilators), some got longer reach (lifestealer) so are better used with multiple necros using melee pets etc. The main advantage of melee pets (vs. caster pets) is better synergy with your team/raid, that means various buffs/debuffs/procs, that boost your pets damage.. group a necro with a ToS, conq etc. and you´ve got the best single target DPS.. while being afk

Ofc., on some encounters melee pets are useless since they can´t reach their target, like T4 Entity fight, on Celestial Necropolis boss they get often stuck on the bridge, on stinky boss in W2 they die in poison etc. Some bosses/mobs are also more vulnerable to magic damage than to physical damage, so you must take into account this as well.
    actually mutiliators do the fewest hits blighted ones have the highest cadency with roughly 80% more hits per time than mutiliators with life stealers not far behind (roughly 70% faster than mutis.)
    this comes into account when you wanna procc things with your pets; like 'Resonance' (tos' idol of sets supremacy), Bone Horde (necro skill) a Templars Aura of Dread Fury (which can actually only be procced by Life Stealers and Blighted Ones and not via Mutiliators!)
    -> Thusly Mutiliators arent Jack of all Trades - as they're often presumed to be;

well, as this is not of prior interest to the opener i may just add some lines to increase your questing experience:
    first is: never go out without at Least 2 Melee pets while questing -> reason is your 'Aggro' Pet (cast: Frenzy); this is one of the most comfortable things you can get for questing since it makes enemies engaging your Pet instead of you; plus it adds a nice unholy debuff on your foes which increases your flesh to worm, mark of the devourer or blasphemic ruin Damage for example.
    this skill can be enhanced further in the reanimation tree (third line "unholy fortitude") making the skill available quite often.

apart from these 2 melee pets choose whatever you want; keep in mind that the effectiveness of some abilities decreases with the amount of pets of the same kind: you wont heal double the amount with 8 life stealers instead of 4; mutiliation doesnt increase linearly though you need at least 6 mutiliators to stack that procc (a procc not a dot!) to 10 consitently, etc pp.

so if you run with mutiliators run with at least 6 or dont use them at all; if you run with lifestealers dont take more than 4; add a few blighted One's to get the soul torment debuff on your foes quite fastly or add 3 Casterpets + 2 Melees if you feel like it

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    i realy didnt find a dps loss at all, i tried with 4 arcanists and did slighly better with 1 blood arcanist up instead of 4 arcanists.
    like i mentioned didnt save data but realy found that to be best mage pet combination.
    oO would need to try that maybe due to debuffs? not 100% of atk types

either way 4 arcanists proofed to be better than 2&1 on strawman

oO would need to try that maybe due to debuffs? not 100% of atk types

either way 4 arcanists proofed to be better than 2&1 on strawman
    yeah but as i think you know a lot changes with group buffs and bosses with actual mitigation so as to have it removed by debuffs.

btw wasnt there some increase in damage of mage pets if necro was under atack or something?

maybe ill try and test this tomorrow :P with some duels or something kinda curious now about this.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    you should try 4 reapers instead, highest magepets-damage on single target or 2 Bloodarcanists against more than one target

Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    actually mutiliators do the fewest hits blighted ones have the highest cadency with roughly 80% more hits per time than mutiliators with life stealers not far behind (roughly 70% faster than mutis.)
    this comes into account when you wanna procc things with your pets; like 'Resonance' (tos' idol of sets supremacy), Bone Horde (necro skill) a Templars Aura of Dread Fury (which can actually only be procced by Life Stealers and Blighted Ones and not via Mutiliators!)
    -> Thusly Mutiliators arent Jack of all Trades - as they're often presumed to be;

well, as this is not of prior interest to the opener i may just add some lines to increase your questing experience:
    first is: never go out without at Least 2 Melee pets while questing -> reason is your 'Aggro' Pet (cast: Frenzy); this is one of the most comfortable things you can get for questing since it makes enemies engaging your Pet instead of you; plus it adds a nice unholy debuff on your foes which increases your flesh to worm, mark of the devourer or blasphemic ruin Damage for example.
    this skill can be enhanced further in the reanimation tree (third line "unholy fortitude") making the skill available quite often.

apart from these 2 melee pets choose whatever you want; keep in mind that the effectiveness of some abilities decreases with the amount of pets of the same kind: you wont heal double the amount with 8 life stealers instead of 4; mutiliation doesnt increase linearly though you need at least 6 mutiliators to stack that procc (a procc not a dot!) to 10 consitently, etc pp.

so if you run with mutiliators run with at least 6 or dont use them at all; if you run with lifestealers dont take more than 4; add a few blighted One's to get the soul torment debuff on your foes quite fastly or add 3 Casterpets + 2 Melees if you feel like it
    1) fact is mutilators are best for highest single target because of proc x10

2) i think the debuff isn't that important for short fights and you get it also through life strike
    i would go with max dmg instead of max debuffs

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast