Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: yun blunt vs ibis

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    Louhi is the one fight in T3 were I actually focus on dps and equip negative hate gear to not get agro on the fight (pyjama suit and tigers gear same the neg hate pieces still get the same problem) and hopefully be able to do more dps. Even with -3.2 hate I can still pull Louhi doing sub 1,800 dps, maybe I need more neg hate or less crit rating so I don't spike damage so much.

If anyone knows how to get more neg hate without going to bad gear and losing lots of dps can they PM me, I already have the fort talisman, melee dps cloak from SC, YP faction wrists and the blue shoulders but it's not enough neg hate and I'm not sure getting the purple YP shoulders will help either.
    usually i start in normal stance and when im confident gaurds locked the agro i go full frenzy mahem=D

Quote Originally Posted by Skant View Post
    usually i start in normal stance and when im confident gaurds locked the agro i go full frenzy mahem=D
    i wouldnt recommand that, as u dont get the -3% hate from rogues then

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    First you need to have rogue with feated Distraction in group, and second description on Distraction says: "teammates not in Defensive Stance"
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

if a dt goes frenzy and your raidlead doesnt give u a rogue he wants u to die

@second check for yourselve..

-3% hate vs magic damage modifier and weapon %.
    + if i remember right u should get the buff in normal stance atleast it was so a year ago but it could get bugged if you where in def stance when rogue entered your group?

Louhi is the one fight in T3 were I actually focus on dps and equip negative hate gear to not get agro on the fight (pyjama suit and tigers gear same the neg hate pieces still get the same problem) and hopefully be able to do more dps. Even with -3.2 hate I can still pull Louhi doing sub 1,800 dps, maybe I need more neg hate or less crit rating so I don't spike damage so much.
    I think Boesch means after phylactories are up. When the damage shield is up, the DT can not hold aggro over Guards and Conqs. But before.. Not a problem at all to lock him

if a dt goes frenzy and your raidlead doesnt give u a rogue he wants u to die

@second check for yourselve..
    Why don't you check yourself first if you're starting with such theories... http://i.imgur.com/cGhgCFZ.jpg
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

iam sorry for the misinformation!

wasnt the fault of no stance, the rogue switched builds inside the instance so -hate didnt apply..

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    I think Boesch means after phylactories are up. When the damage shield is up, the DT can not hold aggro over Guards and Conqs. But before.. Not a problem at all to lock him
    I know a DT can tank Louhi before the damage shield has gone up, I've tanked Louhi with my DT before and after the shield has gone up as we didn't have a guardian in the raid, so the DTs and Conqs tanked him... using DS rotation etc.

That doesn't change my point though, Louhi is the guardians fight to tank, they are able to achieve great magical mitigation and generate high levels of threat on the boss regardless of the damage shield being up or not. Add into that then that I as a DT and the Conqs can do more dps than the majority of the raid during the first minute, if the DTs and Conqs were trying to tank him it would only be making the fight longer than it needs to be as this raid group doesn't burn the phylactries down, they keep mana down and just kill him.

if the DTs and Conqs were trying to tank him it would only be making the fight longer than it needs to be as this raid group doesn't burn the phylactries down, they keep mana down and just kill him.
    I guess you haven't done T3 in a while? 1st phylactory gets active at around 45-50% depending on raid dps, and he has much more health than before. The nuke tactic simply does not work in an effective way any more, if you have a decent team on phylactories they will go down much quicker, and boss will be dead before 4th activates.

But yes, I completely understand. With great dps comes great responsability ^^ A dead DT due to agro in frenzy stance is suddenly both missing mana drain and a missing DS. In the long run it won't matter as much since you kill the phylactories now and don't use the "nuke tactic".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast