Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: yun blunt vs ibis

still alot of raids use nuke tactic ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    I guess you haven't done T3 in a while? 1st phylactory gets active at around 45-50% depending on raid dps, and he has much more health than before. The nuke tactic simply does not work in an effective way any more, if you have a decent team on phylactories they will go down much quicker, and boss will be dead before 4th activates.

But yes, I completely understand. With great dps comes great responsability ^^ A dead DT due to agro in frenzy stance is suddenly both missing mana drain and a missing DS. In the long run it won't matter as much since you kill the phylactories now and don't use the "nuke tactic".
    Actually you should be getting below 30% before his shield goes active. And with that dps, yes, the full nuke tactic is still very effective.

If your raid can get him to 30% thats very fine indeed, and that must be 24 players equally skilled and well equipped. But can not see how that is on topic really. A DTs job in raids is to survive tanking through maintaining aggro with high DPS. A DTs job is not to be in pyjama suit and negative mitigations and taking agro by accident and die, you are not tanking then, just DPSing. I'll copy/paste what I typed in Sidars DT thread.

"I might make fool of myself given there is a lot of "Ibis fanboys" around.

Given the small magic damage coefficients of the DT spell effects it does not pay well to drop 1% hate for 40 MD. Blossoming Death (if you can stand the *thump* *thump* sound when you hit mobs) has very good value for a tanking DT given it has Strength, Hit rating and Hate increase, which the Ibis does not have.

The Ibis has 81 crit rating while gemmed, which is 25 more than Blossoming Death. 25 Crit rating equals 0,68%. Ibis has 116,3 dps + 198 combat rating (cold, electric, holy - not affected by the same debuffs even...), equals 5,4 dps = 121,7 dps.

85 strength equals 255 combat rating. Add the 104 already on the weapon, gets 359 combat rating total. 110,8 dps + 9,8 dps equals 120,6 dps. And 170 armor. Would you trade 25 crit rating and 1,1 dps (some from elemental cr, some from spritual cr) for that strength, hit and hate increase? Not me. At least not for 500G.

The two remaining gems you can put into Ibis is mostly Bels Mirth and Divine Benediction. Now.. Divine Benediction is nice enough if you have the right VoM stacks going. But Bels Mirth is highly situational, you have to fight someone that has protection to lose. If the target you fight has negative protection like some mobs, or extremely high, it won't matter very much. Spell Penetration needs to be able to remove protection before it can work, and you can not remove something that is not there to begin with. 23 magic damage? Well.. Just add that to the 0,25 coefficient of CoA or the 0,05 coefficient of Pact of Malacodor. Not gonna show a lot on numbers is it... 23x0,05 is.. 1,15 extra damage on Pact of Malacodor!

If you have T4 sword, use it. It is the best one. Blossoming Death is available to everyone playing the game. Ibis requires effort and farming and mats and crafting, or cash. And it is not in particular good for any class really. Adds a fair bit crit rating but thats the only positive *static* buff worthwhile, along with 40 health tap."

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    still alot of raids use nuke tactic ^^
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi1.../s400/ALOT.png

yes those too :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123